“Best massages we have ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage

Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest and most popular mid-range beauty and massage specialists in Siem Reap, we try our hardest to offer the best massage in Siem Reap with regular staff training, and we are so pleased to see our reviews reflect that :) With soothing music, experienced and friendly staff, a range of entirely new "spiritual" massage experiences and a warm welcome, Lemongrass Garden is gaining a solid reputation rivaling the more expensive boutique services, at much more affordable prices.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best massages we have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We visited the location that is close to Park Hyatt and KFC last month and I must say, we all felt that the massages were the best we have ever had! We left feeling so relaxed and rejuvinated after days of walking around the temples! This second location is definitely worth it as it is away from Pub Street, and is in a noticably quieter part of town.

Both massages I had were done by a lady called Smey, I had the Aromatherapy massage for 60 minutes, as well as a foot massage (which also had touched on a few minutes of a back massage and legs, i lost count of how many minutes she spent on each area as I was so relaxed).

I visited with three other people, one visited numerous times and demanded the same lady every time (she was that good) and got the deep tissue massage for 60 minutes. The other two received the aromatherapy as well, with one also getting a foot massage. All four of us claimed it was one of the best massages we have ever had, and for the rest of the trip we rated future massages based on our experiences at this place.

Definitely worth the money we spent, all staff we encountered were very friendly with an acceptable level of English (I didn't have any problems with language barriers though). The facilities were clean, and the toilet was acceptable too (toilet paper and soap were provided). They also allow you to indicate where you would like to have massaged or not massaged which I havent seen in Asia before, but is common at home.

The only tip I would give is to visit the 2nd location as we did (near KFC and Park Hyatt) as this would definitely be the better location of the two. Will definitely be back if I visit Siem Reap again.

Visited July 2014
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear jrobby,

Thank you for your very kind and wonderfully detailed review. We are really pleased to receive such kind words about our staff and our shop. Smey, in particular, is touched that you remembered her name and that you mentioned her. Our team work very hard, and it means a lot to them to know they have given their customers a memorable treatment.

We wish you the safest and most enjoyable travels ahead,

Daniel, Borey and All of the Team at Lemongrass Garden

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing and supremely relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lemongrass is fabulous! the staff are wonderfully friendly, welcoming, professional and very very good! The little touches like the tea before and after, the cold towel and the shoes are delightful. I had an amazing 60 minute Khmer massage. I'd recommend this place - serious value for money and very very good massage.

Visited July 2014
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Brighde,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and flattered by your kind words.

We wish you the safest and most enjoyable travels ahead.

Kindest regards,

Daniel, Borey & all of the team at Lemongrass Garden
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Help! Drowning in oil, yawns and indifference.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Where do I begin with this disappointment? After a hard morning horse riding at Happy Ranch Horse Farm (which was excellent) my friend and I were so sore and dying for an excellent massage. We had a really good one in Phnom Penh two days before which was a bit more expensive but well worth it, so we thought we spend a little bit more to get a really good experience. After looking through a few guides and reviews, we stumbled across Lemongrass which seemed to have won some Tripadvisor award for excellent only last year.

Immediately after stepping in, we were greeted by a moody faced lady who stiffly asked what treatment we would like. At that point we started to worry that the treatment might not be what we expected. After we lay down in the room and the massage started my friend noticed that her masseur was repeatedly yawning and mine was just looking around looking bored. I could feel, without looking, that my masseur was not bothered about my treatment. She was just pouring oil all over me so that it dripped onto the blanket and seemed to be just using her hands to spread it around without any pressure. After asking for more pressure she did press harder....for about 5 MINUTES and then returned to sloshing the oil around all my body.

The 'massage' or should I say 'oil bath' ended with a vicious head rub. I thought she might be angry at me and was trying to scratch my hair out of my scalp! Afterwords my head was burning and my body felt as if it had not been touched at all.

I cannot understand the other reviews of this place, because honestly, this was one of the worst massages I've ever had, and believe me, I've had a lot! My friend and I even both felt the $8 massage we had in our room at the Claremont Hotel was 100 times better and less than half the price!!

4 Thank Claire W
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your review, all be it as negative as it is. Where do I begin with this disappointment?

While I appreciate the time you took to write out your review, I can’t help but feel it would have been a lot more productive and decent to have 1. emailed it to ME first, or 2. saved yourself some time and asked to speak with me on the day. If you had taken a moment to read my replies to other reviews, be they positive and negative, you would have seen that I am, and we are, a nice, friendly, family run business who always strives to reach our customers high expectations. Because you decided to vent your frustration on tripadvisor, rather than kindly ask to speak to me, the owner, you have missed out on a refund and stolen from us the chance to improve ourselves. Fortunately, this doesn’t happen often because our standards and treatments are high, and our tripadvisor Award For Excellence for both 2013 and 2014 is no coincidence.

I was going to write a nice long reply, but as you didn’t have the courtesy to talk to me, I will not trouble myself either. Your complaints have been noted. I don’t know what staff to speak to as you left me zero information. I hope your rant made you feel better, and ask any future customers to acknowledge the many Excellent reviews that we have, and how they far outweigh the few bad ones. This too is no coincidence.

Daniel
Manila, Philippines
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Money Well Spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

On my last day in Siem Reap, I promised to treat myself to a massage. Touring the temples for the past three days had been wonderful, but I was sore all over. Feet, arms, hips, joints -- everything ached. So I walked down the street to look for a massage place. I didn't really intend to go specifically to Lemongrass but after hearing about it from other foreigners in my guest house, I've decided to give it a try. I opted for the Khmer massage because I wanted to compare it to the massages I got from my home country. It was divine! Simply the way I liked it. If you hate the icky, sticky, feeling of oil, lotion, etc. in your skin and if you hate getting naked for massages (like I do), opt for this one. It has same therapeutic effect sans the awkwardness. I liked that my attendant was using other parts of her body like her elbows other than just her hands during the procedure. Shows you how skilled she is. The combined power and restraint in applying pressure was simply masterful. Not the most expensive but you truly get your money's worth; it'll make you feel a bit guilty even cause it somehow feels like a splurge.

Dear Klaris,

Thank you so much for your kind, lovely review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and delighted that you heard about us through other guests that have visited :) This is really encouraging for us to hear. We are so grateful with the lovely guests that we receive, and you have certainly put a smile on all of our faces. Thank you so much for taking the time to support our business :)

Wishing you the safest and most enjoyable travels ahead,

Kindest regards,

Daniel, Borey and All of the Team at Lemongrass Garden
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Massage I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I asked a colleague to recommend their favourite place to get a massage in Siem Reap and Lemongrass was their immediate suggestion. It's very clean, and the staff is extremely professional. I really appreciate that they have you indicate any spots that are in need of extra attention or that you'd prefer not to have the masseuse work on. I haven't had that with any of the other places I've visited in Siem Reap and as someone recovering from an injury, made me feel more able to relax and let the masseuse work. The facilities are quiet and serene. I'm looking forward to visiting Lemongrass again and trying more of their menu!

1 Thank Nikki S
LemongrassGarden, Owner at Lemongrass Garden Beauty & Massage, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Nikki,

Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review! We really appreciate the time you spent to tell others about your experience at our spa. Your masseuse, Srey Oun, is particularly delighted to know she gave you the best massage you have ever had :)

We're thrilled that you've finally discovered us, and can't wait to welcome you back again :)

Daniel, Borey and All of us at Lemongrass Garden Spa