“Tour guide? Not really, but a friend.”

Peace of Angkor Tours
Ranked #92 of 799 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: We take to places normal tours do not go. Photo adventures and location workshops; led by photographer Dave Perkes, Ta Elit Elliot, Leuthold and team of photo guides. Our custom photo tours are for any photographer from beginner to advanced amateur. We use both Western photographers with Khmer guides to give historical and cultural insider knowledge on most tours. For those who are new to photography or want to learn more; we will show you basic camera skills, composition and "seeing" and opportunities for contact with people and photographic opportunities and experiences that you would never have believed possible.Image Reviews and Photo editing workshops can be arranged as part of your photo tour programme For advanced and pro photographers we take you to exciting locations and with our intimate knowledge of lighting conditions throughout the year; you will get a great portfolio and save both time and money. We run Multi-day customized tours to remote areas for photographers and adventurers who want to get to the heart of Cambodia and other places in SE Asia
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour guide? Not really, but a friend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Siem Reap with a friend for 4 days, joining the Angkor Grand Circuit tour led by Chhor Elit (Ta) for a day. Ta knows every single detail and story behind each temple and the carvings, he is also absolutely passionate about photography. He not only took us to the best spots to capture our desired shots, also shared as much about photography as he can with us, which is pretty fresh and useful. We spent only one day with this man, but I could say he's one of the truest persons I've ever met.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Louie E

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Köln
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect trip to Siem Reap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had a great tour with Dave to all the secrets of Siem Reap Area. Specially to Angkor Wat. It was incredible to to have an experience like I had with him in the early morning hours in front of Angkor Wat, which I will never forget my whole life. But Dave showed me a lot more: all the small secrets at the side. The walk to a hidden temple in the forest or a tour to a small village for photographing a traditional buffalo cart at sunset.

Visited April 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Angkor Grand Circuit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a wonderful experience on our day tour of the Temples. Our guide Mr Kean took time to explain the meaning behind many of the carvings, showed us great photo opportunities and told us lots of local info. The day was very hot but Mr Kean set a pace that suited us, and we both felt we saw more than was expected. We chose a day tour and found it manageable, (both of us well into our 50s)
Neville and Ilene Little

Visited March 2014
“Cambodia Photo Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent six days in Siem Reap, 4/5 at the Angkor Complex and surrounding Temples but also went out and about to local villages and Tonle Sap. Dave was my photography guru and also my guide and I was very fortunate to have him all to myself. I was able under his guidance to be much more adventurous with the settings on my camera and took some stunning shots (well I think so!)

It's not cheap in a one to one scenario but it is worth it in the long run!

I would certainly recommend Peace of Angkor to anyone wicking to enhance their photography skills.

Visited February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Photo Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My mother and I booked a half day tour of Angkor Wat & the Bayon in April. We only did a half day as it was extremely hot at that time of year. I would recommend these guys. They were very efficient in replying to my enquiries and questions. The photographer who accompanied us (Elliot) had lots of useful technical advice and consistently pointed out places to get good shots based on angles, lighting etc.. The sunrise was a little underwhelming but there's not much we can do about that.

Visited April 2014