Frangipani Villa Hotel, Siem Reap
  • Breakfast included
US$124
US$66
US$302
Angkor Pearl Hotel(Siem Reap)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$33
  • Breakfast included
US$99
US$327
US$221
US$186
US$95
All reviewspub streettuk tukwat bopool areanice poolbuffet breakfastthird floormin walkcentre of townafter a long daythe air conditioningyogurtrooms are largenight marketwelcome drinkspamassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2013

set in an old style building, the hotel has a charming and airy feeling to it. the staff are helpful and friendly.

the rooms had everything you need/want from air con, to mini bars, wifi, hair dryers, to television. ours was well maintained, clean - and the perfect getaway to relax during the mid day heat. the bathroom was also pretty decent, finished in concrete with white accessories. they certainly have tried to give you comfort during your stay.

the pool and garden area is a great addition in this very hot town, and again a welcome respite during the heat of the day.

it is well located. you can easily hire a bicycle and ride to angkor wat, and pub street is a short tuk tuk ride away (cost us US$2).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stay here every time I visit Siem Reap.The staff are exceptional. Friendly, helpful and the service is excellent. I love the swimming pool area. It is a very comfortable space and well serviced, which makes it hard to leave. I recommend you get a massage, it is one of the best in town. However, I like a soft bed, and like every bed in Cambodia (and I've stayed in a lot of places) they don't seem to exist.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at Frangipani last week, selected because of the rave Trip Advisor reviews. We were unfortunate from the start as we booked a garden view room, which turned out to be a room with a view of a roof. However, we were offered another room and the problem was resolved. Thank you to the lovely man at the front desk on duty that evening who organised for us to change rooms. The young girl who was on duty with him was a complete annoyance throughout our stay. She was obsequious to the point of grovelling, but when asked a question about something in Siem Reap, or even about the hotel, never knew the answer to anything.
Breakfast is delicious, plentiful and lots of choice, with eggs freshly cooked. However, if you are offered a take away picnic breakfast if you are going to Angkor Wat at sunrise, the picnic comprises a banana, 2 slices of banana cake, a small bottle of water, a tetra pack of juice and two slices of bread with a little container of jam. There is a fork but none of the boring and basic foods offered required a fork. There was nothing with which to spread the jam on the bread. I thought the picnic breakfast was just awful. It was packed and given to us the night before.
The pool is small, very clean and there are several lounges around the pool to use; also a couple of sets of tables and chairs.
The bedrooms are nice, with four poster beds. No bar fridge. The bathrooms are incredibly tiny with the toilet pedestal wedged in tightly between the bath and the vanity. The soap supplied by the hotel is the smallest, thinnest piece of soap I have ever seen and the towels were white and see-through thin. The shower is over the bath. There was no hot water in our room for the duration of our stay; it was tepid at best.
The hotel's website states that rooms have flat screen TV. The first room we were allocated did not; the second room which we accepted did.
What lets this boutique hotel down is the level of competence of some (not all) of the staff we encountered. As an example, on our first morning, I asked a young man at the desk if he knew where I could locate a tailor and he had no idea what a tailor was. I walked out of the hotel, turned left and right next door to the hotel is a tailor. I would not recommend that anyone use that tailor though, because my brand new silk blouse, which needed the hem taken up, was ruined forever.
I found that many of the front desk staff speak very poor English and communication was difficult. I speak more than one language, so am very aware of how to use uncomplicated language in order to get a message across. For some of the staff, even this simplified wording was beyond their comprehension. The staff are all friendly, smiling people but there is more expected of hotel front desk staff than that.
I do not believe that the property is worthy of the rave reviews that it has received. It was OK; not great and we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms looking over the pool are best. Away from the noise of the street and there is a nice outlook. The bedroom balconies of the pool rooms, however, are on full display to anyone sitting around the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Excellent value, wonderful staff, beautiful comfy rooms, nice baths, yummy breakie buffet where you are spoilt for choice, lovely pool. No complaints at all, highly recommend - ask for a room with a pool view. quiet side of the river, still close enough to walk or take a tuk tuk.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise E
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed for 4 nights with my wife and I am very pleased to say I had a wondeful stay at this place. The rates are reasonable, staff very friendlly and on top of this the rooms are clean and this place is centrally located in the city area, waking distance to pub street famous for the the all types of food.The staff , all speak english and always kind and courteous and the resturant breakfast was good with variety. I would recommend this frangipani to any new visitor to Siem reap.

Room Tip: book rooms facing the pool quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple