“WONDERFUL HOTEL, FABULOUS STAFF.”

Frangipani Villa Hotel, Siem Reap
Ranked #116 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed at Frangipani twice now, the last time for 2 weeks.
I have never stayed anywhere where I have felt more welcome and at home.
It's a beautiful hotel with a lovely pool area BUT what really makes it special is the staff! They are just so lovely and helpful. Daily going beyond the call of duty to help make our stay more memorable. Nothing was too much trouble. Our daily massages at the spa were wonderful and such good value!
I was sick with bronchitis while I was there and the staff were very concerned and looked after me well.
We felt really sad saying goodbye. They felt like family!! I will definitely return there.

Room Tip: Room with balcony looking over the pool is really lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for 1.5 weeks while looking for a place to live in Siem Reap. We were continually pleased with the staff- they were SO HELPFUL and so friendly! The breakfast buffet had a great variety of items! The rooms were very clean, not large, but easy to relax in! We loved the pool and the poolside meal service. I wish I had been able to visit the spa- I have heard wonderful things about that as well! I have recommended to many people coming to visit us that this is a great place to stay that is close by to everything (not right in the vicinity of Pub street, but that means it is a lot quieter, and it's only a 3 minute ride to the markets/restaurants/shopping) and a great deal! Beds were not soft, but that is what we have come to expect in most hotels over here. Not a complaint at all, just a fact :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a lovely experience staying at Frangipani Villa Hotel! The price is unbeatable! The pool was so lovely to relax by and the staff are very attentive. We were always welcomed with smiles and questions about our day which really makes you feel like your at home! The night staff in particular were lovely! It is a little out of the city but it only takes 10 minutes to walk in, and personally I liked being away from the nightlife. A tuk tuk only costs around $1 so its not so bad!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed at Frangipani Villa for four days and enjoyed my experience there. The hotel is charming and good value for money. Rooms are spotlessly clean and serviced daily. The pool is lovely and set in a beautiful garden of flowering frangipani trees! In addition the included breakfast is delicious and full of variety. Frangipani Villa is within walking distance from the old market and the city centre and is located in a fairly quiet street. They have bikes for guest use. Aside from these fine features the best thing about the hotel is the staff. They are friendly, welcoming, kind and extremely helpful. I was not well when there and the staff went out of their way to look after me and ensure I was okay, even accompanying me to the hospital on one occasion. I was sad to say goodbye to the beautiful staff and look forward to returning to Siem Reap to see them all again one day. Next time with my family!

Room Tip: You can choose a room with a pool view. It would be best to stay on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Frangipani Villa was the perfect place to be after a month in Vietnam and then 4 days in Cambodia. Very welcoming and friendly staff made for a comfortable stay and suited my needs as a woman travelling alone. The pool was a highlight after touring the temples on 35deg days and having the spa next door was a plus. Food was ok with catering for western and asian tastes but could do with more variety. I loved the setting of the hotel and 'old colonial' feel and my main suggestion would be that it needs some updating in the bathrooms and outdoor furniture and umbrellas could do with renewal. Still it was great for a 3** and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 days in the last week of August 2013. Room and surroundings was great! Staff offered us excellent tips on how to plan our stay in Siem Reap and told us where to go and how to communicate with the locals. Buffet breakfast was excellent! They offered a variety of things to eat. My only negative feedback was that the room we stayed in had an aircon that was busted. The temperature was slightly hot in the room even though we had the aircon at max cool temperature. Other than that, a really great hotel at a cheap value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank xtrebor
Reviewed 5 September 2013

we spent just a night at the hotel, but it was a indeed a nice experience. the rooms are comfortable at a pretty decent price. good staff but we didnt really like the breakfast served. somehow never served our indian palette.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple