“Home sweet home”
Review of Yellow Hostel

Yellow Hostel
Ranked #181 of 520 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent a month and a half in this hotel while teaching english near Siem Reap.
The staff was really friendly, from the owners to the tuk tuk drivers, cleaners and cooks, always discussing, joking and even drinking with us.
The room we had was big, bright and clean.
The food here is good and the swimming pool in front of the guest house is so refreshing after a hot day in the temples or in the schools.
The center (pub street) is only a 20 min walk from here but you can ask for a cheap tuk tuk. You can also wander along the streets nearby the hotel and find cheap and good restaurants.

To sum it up, we felt like home here, almost like in family and we'll come back for sure!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went there back in Sept 2010. They just opened newly and that's why I chose them as my first stay in Cambodia. I was almost forgot until some of my friend recommended on facebook abt this property lately.

There were several staff very aggressive and speak very loud to you (basically yelling). There was a rude lady refuse to give me back my change (Cambodia money) after I purchased the food there. And yes the food was awful and overpriced with rude kitchen staff as well. Probably they are owners of this property. I was planned to stay there for 3 nights and I found some dead cockroaches under the sink and near the drainage. Then I change my last night stay to somewhere close to the coach station instead because I am leaving to Phnom Penh next day. When I checked out with the rude lady (again), she questioned me why I leave early and why I didn't purchase the coach ticket there (sorry not your damn business). Only some staff are kind and helpful. Other than this, RUDE AND NONSENSE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else, there are plenty down the Pokambor Ave and Airport Ave
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank johnsmith0878
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Yellow guest house was a rather pleasant stay, things went pretty smoothly with our check in and check out and they even helped us book a bus home. There was some confusion with booking tuktuks as you have to get them for the whole day not just a trip that you want to do. Also they took us to a "floating market" that was more like a slum at the ferry port to Phnom Penh. However, although it was not a nice tourist destination we enjoyed the cultural experience experience as it was eye opening and self-reflective on how fortunate we are.
Pub street and the highly recommended happy pizza restaurants are a short walk away and there is even a pool. Overall, I would recommend staying here because of the price and quality but it is not an exceptionally special place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Upon arrival I was a little sceptical about the guesthouse. There was a lot of loud music & things seemed a little unorganised. Any other day it wouldn't have bothered me, but after an 8 hour boat ride from Phnom Penh, my patience was limited.

Anyway, it turned out to be a really nice place to stay & I enjoyed my visit there.

The rooms are basic & more than accpectable for the money you pay. The bathrooms are okay & do the job for a quick shower etc. The room had AC & a fan which made the room nice & cool. There was also a little TV with about nine million channels should you wish to watch TV.

The bar/restaurant area provided good food at a reasonable price, if you're hungry. There was also a small pool area should you fancy cooling down.

The staff were very good & would always help wih any requests. Overall, after an uncertain start, the guesthouse turned out to be very good for the money paid.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

All the room are very nice and clean, swimming pool is so beautiful. the staff are very helpful and kind to arrange tuk tuk for us with reasonable price to the angkor wat temple and old market area(pub street). that it was a great memory for us. just checked out but miss hotel already. we have a great time in cambodia and great rest in the hostel also.

We strongly recommend you to stay here in Yellow Hostel!

Room Tip: My room was good view on the five floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Me and my friends stayed at Yellow hostel for a week during12-19 November 2013 and we so very happy with our holiday! Great service from beginning to end. we are so lucky the pickup service from the airport is FOC with tuk tuk. the staff here are very friendly and helpful especially front desk staff they help us to manage our tour around the Angkor wat area, and other popular place in siem reap, the hotel driver was very friendly he gave us a guide of all the temples. everything was great here the room is cool and excellent food.
Overall we are very satisfied with our stay and can strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: everything here look excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our room was a bit dirty. Toilet even worse, no toilet papaer. GyestHouse was very noise, maybe it was bad Luck because of some drunk guy on our floor. I quite disliked the smell on the frontdesk, all day smelling like egg...
People sleeping on the floor of reception, I know it is a budget guesthouse, just found it a bit weird. Swimming pool had a funny color, water was green.
I was told I would have a free pick up at the airport and nobady showed up.
As a compliment I had a medical emergency and staff was helpfull.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple