“So helpful, a real family run place.”
Review of Yellow Hostel

Yellow Hostel
Ranked #169 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“So helpful, a real family run place.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

These guys helped me with everything and we're professional and honest the whole time. Traveling alone it felt good to have them around, almost like an extended Cambodian family. Interested in what I was doing without being pushy, wanted to see my photos and go excited with me about up and coming adventures.
I booked all my tours through these guys. When I did once go out an book without them I ended up ripped off in classic SE Asia style. So I stuck close with my new family.
The room was basic but comfortable and clean, food delicious and service second to none!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 16 May 2014

It was my first time in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I flied from Bangkok to Siem Reap and arrive there at 8pm. I booked that hostel by online and they came to pick me up at the air-port to Yellow Hostel by tuk tuk for free. It's very good service. Beautiful room and very clean. One of the woman who work there, is very friendly, she organized for me everything, tours, tickets, other. Yellow Hostel staffs are all very friendly and good at English. I felt like my home. You also can swim in a mini swimming pool. Food very tasty and cheap. I would highly recommend this hostel to another people who have plan to visit Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Room Tip: The air-con and hot water on the first floor is very good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay. The pool is awesome! The breakfast decent. The rooms very clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend. $18 and you have a pool and incl breakfast... Awesome! The family that runs place also help with booking a tuk tuk for the temples and making your breakfast Togo if you'd like, and also booking buses. They were wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hostel in a good location. There is a swimming pool and balconies to sit.
Friendly staff can be trusted to arrange tuk tuks and buses at a very resonable price(something I would never usually do).
We stayed for five nights.

• Stayed April 2014
Mandalay, Mandalay, Myanmar
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just been here for a quick vacation to see the Angkor Wat. The hostel is located 5 mins away from the night market where the night life is. Anyways, the hostel is clean, quite old but comfy. The room rates are cheap and good for 3 people. The people are polite and courteous. They even have a mini pool which you can swim.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent a month and a half in this hotel while teaching english near Siem Reap.
The staff was really friendly, from the owners to the tuk tuk drivers, cleaners and cooks, always discussing, joking and even drinking with us.
The room we had was big, bright and clean.
The food here is good and the swimming pool in front of the guest house is so refreshing after a hot day in the temples or in the schools.
The center (pub street) is only a 20 min walk from here but you can ask for a cheap tuk tuk. You can also wander along the streets nearby the hotel and find cheap and good restaurants.

To sum it up, we felt like home here, almost like in family and we'll come back for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went there back in Sept 2010. They just opened newly and that's why I chose them as my first stay in Cambodia. I was almost forgot until some of my friend recommended on facebook abt this property lately.

There were several staff very aggressive and speak very loud to you (basically yelling). There was a rude lady refuse to give me back my change (Cambodia money) after I purchased the food there. And yes the food was awful and overpriced with rude kitchen staff as well. Probably they are owners of this property. I was planned to stay there for 3 nights and I found some dead cockroaches under the sink and near the drainage. Then I change my last night stay to somewhere close to the coach station instead because I am leaving to Phnom Penh next day. When I checked out with the rude lady (again), she questioned me why I leave early and why I didn't purchase the coach ticket there (sorry not your damn business). Only some staff are kind and helpful. Other than this, RUDE AND NONSENSE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else, there are plenty down the Pokambor Ave and Airport Ave
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo