“Basic guesthouse with annoying staff”

Advisor Angkor Villa
Ranked #136 of 310 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Advisor Angkor Villa for four nights during our trips to Angkor Wat. The room was fine for its price although there was only cold water available. The staff was really annoying and specially one guy tried intensively to sell us an overpriced tuk tuk tour every day.
Overall we would not come back and can also not recommend the Guesthouse to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
Advisorangkor, Owner at Advisor Angkor Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear AvonF10,

Thank for your feedback to us. We're really so sorry about this thing that make you to be unhappy during your stay in Siem Reap. We always keep reasonable price for our client as they make Angkor tour with us. We charge only $12 for Small Tour per day, and $15 for Grand Tour per day. Anyway we put this price on the wall near the reception as well. We think that, this price is normal price in our place. Finally We need say "Thank You" again for your feedback.

All the best to you,
Leng

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed 3 nites with them. Generally it met my expectation. The staff are friendly, they try hard to fulfill our requests. The room are clean. The hotel is walkable to night market.
But one thing, I would like to comment, the breakfast seemed not enough for us after a long day hiking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel on hotels.com, but I was linked to it through trip advisor. It was listed under the Pearl Angkor Hotel on trip advisor, but when you click on it to book it - you are actually booking the Advisor through hotels.com.

It was not worth the $20 I paid for the "superior" room. The description on hotels.com said, "free roundtrip airport transfer," but the hotel would not honor it. The shower did not have hot water, and the cold water smelled like iron. The air conditioner worked, but it was very noisy. The bed was soft, but the sheets were old. The breakfast was eggs, toast and noodles everyday. It is not far from the night market or pub street, but when you're ready to go back to the hotel the tuk tuk drivers will have a hard time finding it. The staff was nice, but $20 was too much.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kalanm
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Advisor Angkor was a great value for my time in Siem Reap. The staff were friendly and did their best to help me but the service was not anything exceptional. My booking did include a free pick up from the bus which I appreciated.

However, included in my room for $5/night was free breakfast which I have learned to read as "toast and coffee" but Advisor did in fact offer a choice between a hearty noodle soup or fried eggs with toast.

My room was clean, the bed was made up every day and I was given a clean towel and more drinking water. The room also had a TV and attached bath which was exceptional for the price. The room furnishings were nothing special but the common spaces were done with lovely wood furniture.

The wifi connection was very poor in my room but I had the room furthest from the modem and it was pleasant to sit in the living room when I needed to get online where the wifi was quite fast. There are also computers available for use which worked well for me.

The location is down a quiet street which I very much appreciated and was about 15 minutes walk from Pub Street.

Overall, it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ChetanMagar
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Advisor Agkor to any visitors of Siem Reap. My private room was just $6 a night, including breakfast, and the staff are extremely friendly and helped me with Angkor Wat booking. Also, $4 massages on site!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank paperdavid1
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The staff is very nice and always willing to help. Rooms ar
e nothing special. TV was old with bad screen but many great channels. Only cold shower. 20 minutes walk or $2 tuck tuck to Pub Street where all the restaurants and night market is. Breakfast is fried eggs with toast or noodle soup. Room gets made up every day. Overall you get what you pay for. We stayed for 3 nights and although it's not the best hostel in the world, we throughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for two days and I can't say this is the best recomended place to stay in Siem Reap. Location is good - 15-20 minutes from city center. Pretty quite place (during our stay someone was reparing something in a naibor hotel but I do not count it as a minus for this place as it is temporary). Linnen was clean. Room was also clean. But it looked like really needed a repair. Walls were dirty and paint was old. All in all it looked like this place needs a renovation. You can see wires in a toilet/shower box simply drilled in a wall. Doesn't look pretty =)
People managing this guesthouse seem like received it from their dad and doesn't really care. When we arrived two of them were drunk (drinking all the beer from their fridge). Usually during the evening they all seat in Tuk-Tuk watcing movies. Also a lot of mascitos (but that is usual to Siem Reap guesthouses). Check out reviews and you will find a much better place in this city. We payed 7$ per night and after 2 days found abother guesthouse for 6$ with much better atmosphere and value. So I wish you luck with finding one too ;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple