“Pretty bad food...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viva Restaurant & Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Viva Restaurant & Guesthouse
Ranked #129 of 500 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“Pretty bad food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We did not stay at the guesthouse, just had our lunch here. We are defenitely not coming back. Although we know we are not in Mexico the food should be better in our opinion. The chicken of the taco was like rubber. Think they tried to hide it by covering it with just coriander and onion, but only made it worse. We have met lots of friendly and smiling people, but here the waitresses didn't seem to know how to smile at all..

• Stayed August 2013
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

As I love Siem Reap I would gladly stay anywhere, and I have as it happens. The great thing about Viva is it's location, oh, and the food. It is situated a two minute walk from the river Siem Reap which is a lovely walk, when it. Isn't flooded.
It is also seconds from the old market which is a must visit for everyone. I usually stock up on my spices. Kampot pepper is very cheap here as is ground saffron. Enough about shopping, what about pub street which is just round the corner but far enough away to not be disturbed at night if you want an early sleep.
Yes, sleep, the rooms are clean and I found them to have all I needed. There was a burst water main in April so we were short of water and someone managed to crash a truck in to the power station so we also had only generators but non of this was the fault of the hotel and to be honest they coped very well under adverse conditions. A definite plus there then.
It's a very busy Restraunt which speaks for itself. Try it, I've tried and I've convinced myself to go again

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I loved viva food , us2 frozen margarita and us1 Angkor beer.
Great Mexican food specially taco was great. We ordered two taco, 1 fajita chicken and1 chicken strip. It was enough for 2 adult and 2 children.

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I grew up in Southern California and love Mexican food... miss it all the time while traveling. I enjoyed my chicken chimichunga from Viva very much. In fact, I went back for more the next day when my noodles next door didn't work out. For me, that says a lot. The $2 margarita wasn't bad either! Trip advisor is very helpful in this way. I noticed the 4 star trip advisor sign when I arrived and it did not disappoint.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I LOVE Mexican food and have been away from home for 3 months - At first I was sceptical of Mexican/ Cambodian food. I was very happy after ordering a bucket ( more like a pitcher) of margarita for $5 and there WAS booze in there - and it was yummy ! I had the 2 tacos - chicken and fish , came with small salad and rice. I don't think they are real tortillas / taco shells like home but they were tasty none the less. Lots of flavour and great salsa ! Serve was good and friendly. Prices are reasonable ( cheap compared to home !) . Satisfied my Mexican food craving !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We arrived in Siem Reap after a very long and tiring day of border crossings and busses from Laos. After checking a few hotels at 2am this one stood out with its bright orange facade, and on reaching the reception we were greeted with a warm smile and quickly checked in. The standard rooms were spacious, bright and clean. We spent five nights here and it was so comfortable and friendly. Breakfast is at the mexican restaurant downstairs and is really good. The location of this hotel is excellent, right opposite the markets. Just in front of the entrance there is a spa, a tour agent, a great little bar and several shops. So it was perfect for booking activities, transport, spa treatments and having a drink on the way back from a long day. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank reemk
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

The arrival was smooth, with the tuk tuk picking us up on time at the airport.

On arrival at the hotel, there was no one to welcome us, but once a person turned up, they quickly got our room in order.

The room service was quick, and the room was large (we stayed in the suite room). but it did get noisy at the night, and there was little we could do.

I would suggest staying in the suite if you stay here, as it is cheap and provides ample room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple