Golden Temple Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
BayStone Resort(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Sun Inns Hotel(Siem Reap)
3,968 results
All reviewsfree massagevip packagefree dinnerpub streetpicnic lunchtuk tukangkor watone hour massagewelcome drinkkilling fieldssticky ricecold towelspoolside roomiced teadvd playerkhmer massageold market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I and my husband stayed Golden Temple Hotel for 3 nights. We were welcomed with a nice lime juice and small snacks with flower petals. Staff were always friendly and very supportive. Swimming pool and pool side chairs made nice ambience, so we decided to have dinner 2 nights by the pool. Restaurant food for dinner was great, and they served complimentary breakfast which was also great. One stay includes one complimentary massage (1hour). It was also great.

We traveled many places and have experienced different hotels, but the experience of this hotel was definitely one of the best. Only one down side is they had no elevator. Our room was on 4th floor, so I was a little annoyed. However, overall experience was far greater than such one trivial downside.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This hotel had extremely nice rooms. The pool was serene and the restaurant had delicious meals. My favorite food was the Khmer Amok and the Lotus Flower with Rice Bubble. The staff were more than accommodating! The only thing that was subpar was the Khmer Massage from the hotel spa...having received Thai massage and being certified in it...I found the Khmer massage to be a bit sloppy...it felt like the girl wasn't really paying attention...but that is my opinion. The hotel arranged a tour guide for Angkor Wat and that turned out to be very beneficial...I would have missed many things if he wasn't there. You can get a little overwhelmed with the constant donating...but I asked myself...who really needs it more? The people of Cambodia are so peaceful and made it an enjoyable experience for me. I rode a bicycle around town during the day and at night. You can find so many hand made items at the Old Market and Night Market. I did hear from a man that he was pestered a lot to buy drugs and prostitutes...but I guess as a single female I was blessed not to be exposed to that. I felt safe being on my own, but always stayed aware.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LovePranaYoga
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Fantastic staff, you will enjoy being there, do not look elsewhere. As other reviewers have said, its an utter gem. The staff are honest and helpful (I even got a refund of one night via agoda!). Their tuk-tuk & taxi service is as good as you will get (except the precise routes at Angkor Wat - see elsewhere) and as cheap as you will get. They don't seem to take a cut (amazing!). Following my usual assumption that hotels rip you off I hired in town, and paid more for less (a first).
Avoid room 20 - the noise from the adjacent backpacker TV room is bad (38 and 18 may get some too). No lift, but the top floor poolside are the best, with a view over part of the town (rooms 58 to 64). Food is OK, western oriented, not too expensive. Easy to eat better for less in town ($1 max tuk tuk or walk -10mins). But its the honesty, genuine concern and helpfulness of the staff that raises it to a different level. Didn't use the pool or massage but plenty of people did. Usual cambodian problem (even at airport) - hotmail doesn't work.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OzS
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Welcome drink and free massage... need we say more?!

The Golden Temple exceeded all our expectations and then some, the service was perfect- The staff were informative and offered to organise all the touristy things to be done, if you feel like doing it! The hotel was close enough to the markets and pub street to walk there in a few minutes but just out of the way not to walk out into heavy tourist traffic in the morning. The place is as clean as it looks like on the website!

Definately the best place we stayed in whilst in Asia.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2011

From the moment we checked in and were invited to do it all from a comfy couch with welcome drinks in hand, we knew it'd be a great stay. Let's start with the services. Guests are treated to a complimentary massage as well and it was so good we signed up for the salt scrub treatment the next day. Then there's the cooking lesson that starts with a trip to the market, followed by three dishes of your choice--per person! Together we made 6 dishes and could only eat a fraction. Combined with the photos of us in matching orange chef hats and aprons next to our beautiful instructor, plus the free t-shirts we got at the end, the $10 price was a steal! All of the staff was so friendly and personable, too. Once, while lounging by the pool, someone from the restaurant offered us a free snack which turned out to be a full-fledged delicious meal. Which reminds me, the food, including the complimentary breakfast, is always delicious and so beautifully presented.

The first room we had was up several flights of stairs but it was a lovely room with a huge bed and charming mosquito netting. Due to our own booking error, we had to change rooms for the last night (and the hotel kept apologizing!) and ended up poolside. This was great, too, but not as private.

The only downside is that there was a lot of noise outside the hotel. There was a wedding party one night which seems to involve piping karaoke throughout the neighborhood and construction, as well, across the street. Nothing the hotel can do about it and these seemed like things that wouldn't happened every day. It's just when you have to wake up at o' dark thirty to see the temples at sunrise and you're hearing 'boom boom boom' as you try to fall asleep, well, you understand. This said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple