Golden Temple Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
BayStone Resort(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Sun Inns Hotel(Siem Reap)
3,968 results
All reviewsfree massagevip packagefree dinnerpub streetpicnic lunchtuk tukangkor watone hour massagewelcome drinkkilling fieldssticky ricecold towelspoolside roomiced teadvd playerkhmer massageold market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2011

What a great little hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Delicious welcome drink, wonderful free massage (better than the ones I've had in Hong Kong), great location within walking distance of the centre of Siem Reap.
The tuk tuk driver they organised for us was lovely. He chose a great order for visiting all the temples.
The food / drinks at the hotel were good value, but there are many other great restaurants within walking distance around Siem Reap

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We came in from the busy street to this beautiful Oasis. We were greeted and given a seat, then cool wash clothes and sweet rice steamed in a banana peel. That was just the first 5 minutes. All the staff worked hard to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Even the manager Richard came by and arranged lunch for us at our poolside room. It was great, I highly reccommend this hotel. Oh yeah, did I mention the complimentary massage??

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I and my husband stayed Golden Temple Hotel for 3 nights. We were welcomed with a nice lime juice and small snacks with flower petals. Staff were always friendly and very supportive. Swimming pool and pool side chairs made nice ambience, so we decided to have dinner 2 nights by the pool. Restaurant food for dinner was great, and they served complimentary breakfast which was also great. One stay includes one complimentary massage (1hour). It was also great.

We traveled many places and have experienced different hotels, but the experience of this hotel was definitely one of the best. Only one down side is they had no elevator. Our room was on 4th floor, so I was a little annoyed. However, overall experience was far greater than such one trivial downside.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This hotel had extremely nice rooms. The pool was serene and the restaurant had delicious meals. My favorite food was the Khmer Amok and the Lotus Flower with Rice Bubble. The staff were more than accommodating! The only thing that was subpar was the Khmer Massage from the hotel spa...having received Thai massage and being certified in it...I found the Khmer massage to be a bit sloppy...it felt like the girl wasn't really paying attention...but that is my opinion. The hotel arranged a tour guide for Angkor Wat and that turned out to be very beneficial...I would have missed many things if he wasn't there. You can get a little overwhelmed with the constant donating...but I asked myself...who really needs it more? The people of Cambodia are so peaceful and made it an enjoyable experience for me. I rode a bicycle around town during the day and at night. You can find so many hand made items at the Old Market and Night Market. I did hear from a man that he was pestered a lot to buy drugs and prostitutes...but I guess as a single female I was blessed not to be exposed to that. I felt safe being on my own, but always stayed aware.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LovePranaYoga
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Fantastic staff, you will enjoy being there, do not look elsewhere. As other reviewers have said, its an utter gem. The staff are honest and helpful (I even got a refund of one night via agoda!). Their tuk-tuk & taxi service is as good as you will get (except the precise routes at Angkor Wat - see elsewhere) and as cheap as you will get. They don't seem to take a cut (amazing!). Following my usual assumption that hotels rip you off I hired in town, and paid more for less (a first).
Avoid room 20 - the noise from the adjacent backpacker TV room is bad (38 and 18 may get some too). No lift, but the top floor poolside are the best, with a view over part of the town (rooms 58 to 64). Food is OK, western oriented, not too expensive. Easy to eat better for less in town ($1 max tuk tuk or walk -10mins). But its the honesty, genuine concern and helpfulness of the staff that raises it to a different level. Didn't use the pool or massage but plenty of people did. Usual cambodian problem (even at airport) - hotmail doesn't work.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family