“The very best”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #21 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A big thank you the Golden Temple Hotel the best staff anywhere in the world. This Hotel has everything great service from wonderful staff. Great food in the hotel restaurant . Marvelous ambiance .
Every day was like living with a very caring family. We looked forward to arriving back after every day of touring.
The restaurant overlooking the pool is a great place to relax. We were a family group all in our 60/70s and found staying here was the best we have experienced on any of our travels.
Wish we could have stayed longer.
The tuk tuk drivers organised by your staff were excellent.
Just one small suggestion the stone tops on the vanity table in the rooms need replacing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stolid

Reviewed 24 November 2013

It is the second time that I came to the Golden Temple Hotel in Siem Reap within a year and I would come back ever and ever again. The hotel interior spreads a very warm and welcoming atmosphere which makes you feel at home. The food is really nice - for breakfast you can order anything you would like and for dinner we also had a very nice local menu in the hotel restaurant. Pool amenities are very nice and the gardens are very cultivated and looked after. As we booked our rooms via the hotel directly, we enjoyed the VIP service which is vast range of incredible extras, amongst others a free dinner and a massage that we enjoyed very much!
Besides all the nice amenities, what has really blown us away was the friendliness of the people. The staff is always at your disposal and it's the very tiny little thoughtfulness, that makes your stay at the Golden Temple Hotel an unforgettable one. The guest relation staff makes a huge effort and also they manage to speak several languages which is really impressive. I am sure and I hope I can come back one day - and I can really highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolin F
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was our last stop on our 3 week Vietnam and Cambodia trip and I cannot say enough about the service at this hotel. We had a 1st floor poolside room with a few issues on our first night. When we brought the problems to the front desk they promised that they would address them while we were out sightseeing. The most important issue that needed to be resolved was that the a/c was blowing directly at the head of the bed and it was not cold enough. When we returned and entered the room we saw that not only had the a/c unit been replaced, it had been moved so the air was not directly blowing to the head of the bed. The balance of our stay was excellent. The staff goes out of their way to speak with you and offer assistance and the location is within walking distance to town. We booked this hotel directly to take advantage of the free transportation to/from the airport, and the complimentary lunch and massage. My husband liked the massage so much that he booked another one for us the following day and I also had one the day we departed since the pricing was so reasonable. The included breakfast offered 4 set dishes or a buffet which we selected and it was fine. The restaurant is on the 2nd floor and overlooks the pool which is really nice. We were very happy with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is construction across from the front of the hotel and only the rooms facing the pool have a v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GallivantersGal
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have just spent a really enjoyable two days at the Golden Temple, and would definitely recommend it! The staff were so friendly, warm and attentive. The hotel has great decor, a beautiful pool with waterfall, gave a feeling of being in a lush and secluded place, and had a very relaxed atmosphere. There are many great hotel amenities and services, including free pick-up when I arrived, a complimentary massage (fab!), a complimentary dinner (wonderful food!) and a free picnic had I wanted it too. The complimentary T shirt they gave me when I left was another nice touch.
My room was very relaxing; comfortable, clean, spacious and well equiped with TV, DVD,(including two DVD's to watch, one of which was about Angkor Wat) and very efficient and welcome air con! The Golden Temple Hotel is also in a great location too, close to Angkor Wat, and close to walk to the market.
As a further example of the amazing customer service, I had inadvertently left my sunglasses by the pool when I left, and the hotel found them, and have sent them back to me in the UK, insisting that they pay the postage! Incredible customer service!
I would most definitely recommend Golden Temple Hotel, and would love to return there!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sherbet7
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights on the VIP package which we booked directly through the hotel via email. The VIP package included tuk tuk transfers, breakfast, massage, a temple picnic lunch and a restaurant lunch or dinner.

It was a sheer delight to stay here! Our room was tastefully decorated on the ground floor and most importantly, the shower had good pressure and was nice and hot and the air-conditioner was quiet and very cold. Two things you need after a hot, humid day of tuk tuking around Siem Reap.

Our room had a comfy king size bed, a wardrobe with a safe and two shower robes, TV & DVD player, mini bar, two bottles of water supplied daily, coffee & tea making facilities, free WiFi and the bathroom had soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, combs, shower caps and with the towels something that is always a favourite of mine when they are provided…face washers!

I particularly liked our room with its secluded outdoor sitting area as it provided an escape for a quiet drink and diary writing in the afternoons.

Breakfast offered either a set menu or buffet with a wide selection of choice. We also ate lunch and dinner on a couple of occasions in the restaurant and the meals were of good quality with Khmer and western dishes. The bar offered a nice range of drinks including cocktails. All meals and drinks were also available on the room service menu.

I have saved the best to last; the staff! Wow! They are the most welcoming, friendliest and dedicated hotel staff that I have ever had the good fortune to meet. They simply exceed all expectations and their happy smiling faces are embedded in my brain! Seriously though, without a doubt, the staff at the Golden Temple Hotel will complete your holiday in Cambodia making it a truly memorable stay and have you wishing that you didn’t have to have to say good bye.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DormouseTidings
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a haven. The staff are the best I have ever come across. They are friendly, attentive,caring. My husband had a stomach bug when we arrived . When they found out they asked me the next day how he was and said to let them know if he was feeling no better . They would cook up a special soup for dinner to help him feel better. Fanatastic service. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The pool area fantastic. Tomorrow is our last day and we will miss this place. We hope to come back and will be telling all our friends about it. We will miss the beautiful smiling faces of the girls at reception and the giggles of the young girls that clean the rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purplestamp
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel is pleasant and is close to the centre of Siem Reap. We booked following reviews from tripadvisor and overall the place was nice with a good pool but we found it lacking any atmosphere and whilst in the town was told we could have got a good hotel for a lot less money.

The room was good with a comfortable bed though the air con pointed directly at the head of the bed so with it on one of us got a blast of cold air all night.

Breakfast wasn't the greatest and we didn't eat in the evening.

For the price we paid I would look to try somewhere else but the hotel offers a free massage and is a quiet place......though there is a building going up across the road so during the day their was a lot of noise.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple