“Wonderful Hotel in Siem Reap!”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #19 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Neutral Bay, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel in Siem Reap!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everything about this wonderful hotel exceeded my expectations even with booking the VIP service it was better than expected! The hotel is situated close to everything, just a short walk to Pub Street. After a long flight with delays it was lovely to finally arrive at Siem Reap airport to be greeted by the hotel's free Tuk Tuk transfer. It was a safe & quick way to get to the hotel, upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted with a delicious welcome drink and a platter of snacks while they processed my registration. I was then showed to my room which was lovely - very cute boutique hotel with cute rooms. I must say they might be a little cramped if two people were staying for quite sometime however it was perfect for me travelling alone. The bed at first I thought was quite hard but managed to have two wonderful nights sleep so no complaints there! The first morning I had a tour to Angkor and the hotel prepared a packed breakfast for me to consume, I have to say I wasn't a fan of cold eggs & bacon however the baguette with strawberry jam was delicious along with the exotic fruits! After my tour to Angkor I returned to the hotel to take advantage of my complimentary lunch which I chose as Khmer BBQ it was delicious and then followed by my complimentary Khmer massage made for the perfect day in Siem Reap! The massage was so good I booked in for the next day which was a bargain - just $5 for a 1 hour full body massage!! The next day I had breakfast at the restaurant which had a great spread. I had to check out of the hotel in the morning, however they made the day most pleasant, I had a tour in the morning and they allowed me to use the facilities for the remainder of the day even offering a shower should I need it pre-flight. Throughout my stay I was blown away by the friendliness of staff and how they would go out of their way for you wish fresh fruit around the pool, to cold towels when you arrive back in the afternoon to nut trays if you were sitting around the public areas! I don't have a bad word to say at all and can simply say that if you are travelling to Siem Reap please don't look any further than Golden Temple Hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank eeliechick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Personalized service doesn't get any better. The staff all gets to know you by name and does everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They put rose pedals on our bed with little towel swans. The room was a good size and very clean. The spa is excellent with extremely affordable prices. They will package up a breakfast to-go for those visiting Angkor Wat at sunrise. I can't say enough good things.

melbourne, australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

WE stayed for 4 nights in this hotel in Siem Reap. The hotel was small, not like some of the bigger flash name hotels, but the service and position was excellent. In fact I don't think you could stay in a nicer [place. From the moment we came in the staff was so welcoming,. Each time we spoke to them they made us feel we were the only guests in the hotel and they were serving us only.
The room wasn't the biggest I have stayed in, but it was comfortable and had everything we could need.
We were given towels and drinks when we arrived and also each time we returned from a tour, or even asked a question. The staff gave us nuts and drinks as we sat around the pool.
Thje deal was great we received breakfast, a free meal and frees 1 hour massage.. There were other freebies as well but we just dint need them.
It was well positioned, being only 5 minutes walk from the night market and "Pub Street", and close to all restaurants.
They picked us from the airport and dropped us off there as well in a yuk-yuk, which was an adventure in itself.

Room Tip: Try to organise a pool view room. I'm sure the others are nice but I think they look over a back...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I was very skeptical about going to a boutique resort in Cambodia, but WOW, we loved!! We stayed in a superior room on the third floor and found the room and bathroom spacious enough. It was also quiet, other than some noise from the karaoke bar next door one evening, but it wasn't too bad due to our location.

Prices for hotel services are equal or better than outside. Service is by far the best I've ever had, and everyone makes an effort to remember your name and greet you with a smile.

We'll never stay anywhere else in siem reap and recommend Golden temple to 2 German guys we meet during our next stage of holiday in Vietnam. They were also so impressed with the service during booking, that they also booked a few nights.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

Münchenbuchsee
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We (2 adults and 2 kidds) stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. Just perfect. Wonderful room, great food, nice pool and very friendly and helpfull staff. This is just a place we can recommend and we are for shure comming back. The only thing: If you want a quieter room ask the hotel. We had a Superior room just to the street which was noisy...

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
hamilton
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed 11th to 15th February in this remarkable small hotel with unsurprised committment to service. I am not sure what I can write which has not already been positively covered by other guests. The location near to pub street, markets and some pretty good restaurants made it an ideal location to explore the market area on foot. The hotel arranged for a tour guide who was excellent and a tuk tuk driver for a very good rate. My wife and I travel quite a bit and the guide was on par with some of the best we have used over the years except that his passion for his country and pride in his burgeoning industry was self evident.

The crown jewel for this smaller hotel is the staff who as others have reported are exceptional;from the front desk staff who always remember your name, the ever present smiles, the great massage ladies, the housekeepers and managers. We have never met a staff so dedicated to making a stay so nice.

My wife on short notice asked for a little help in preparing a surprise for my birthday. She told me the next thing she knew,our room was decorated wonderfully, a cake arranged and inscribed, and plans to surprise me with a staff celebration. Not knowing what they had planned I was not the easiest person to pin down to surprise, but they kept modifying there plans until they could make a meaningful presentation of the cake.

All in all while we were quite pleased with the hotel, our room was quirky but worked well. The only negative was a nightclub close by was loud and the heavy beat went on until late at night.

We were on the 3rd floor facing the pool which may have focused the noise somewhat but other than transdermal quibble we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Great value, nice accommodations, solid food and exceptional service. While we have been in nicer hotels, we have never been treated better or more warmly. Truly a cambodian gem.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Without a doubt, the staff at the Golden Temple make the hotel the special place that it is. From the minute one enters the hotel, the staff is there to provide the best possible service that they can. Cold towels, fruits and nuts, cold drinks or tea always available, often brought unasked. The staff knows your name from the time you check in and greet you as old friends throughout your stay. The front desk staff, the housekeeping staff, the drivers and others can’t do enough to make sure your stay is the best.

We stayed in a 2nd floor room overlooking the pool, opting for the double room with pool view. The room is spacious, the khmer-themed room is elegant and comfortable; bathroom is attractive and the shower is a separate, enclosed unit, with ample hot and cold water. Well worth whatever extra it costs to have the pool-facing view – it was as peaceful as one could want.

We decided to use one of the hotel’s tuk-tuk drivers, Suwan, for our 3 days of touring, and could not have been happier. Suwan was as warm and engaging as the rest of the staff, always with a smile and always there for us, keeping his eyes out for us whenever we were done with touring and providing cold water throughout the day. We initially opted for a guide on the first day, but did not find the guide especially helpful, even holding us back at times, so made the decision to use the tuk-tuk driver only, and were very happy with that decision.

I booked directly with the hotel, receiving the VIP service – free pickup and return to the airport; free dinner; and free massage. We opted for the BBQ, although truthfully, we did not care that much for this particular meal – but on another night, my husband had steak and I ate chicken with lemongrass, and we both were very happy with the meal. Breakfast was plentiful – a large buffet and a chef for eggs.

Leaving the hotel was difficult because the personal connection with the staff really made it feel like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple