“Wonderful experience”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Golden Temple. Everyone knew our names and was willing and able to help us with all of our requests. We had a nice massage in the spa and enjoyed spending time relaxing at the pool and drinking cocktails and Lemon Ice teas with complimentary nuts. It was like a home away from home. The rooms were very comfortable and the restaurant was light and airy. It was an easy walk to town or a 5 min tuk tuk ride.
We will return to this hotel when we visit again and will also recommend to our friends travelling to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Behind reception was very quiet but had no veiw. Upstairs overlooking the pool at the front of the b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Sheree P
Write a ReviewReviews (3,840)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you want a hotel that provides clean, large rooms, a magnificent swimming pool, and a location that is very close to the main town then this is the hotel for you. Aside from these great advantages they are not the only reasons as to why you should choose this hotel. I am from Melbourne Australia and out of all the hotels I have stayed at in the world I have never experienced a level of professionalism and customer service like I have at Golden Temple Hotel. The staff members is what makes this hotel stand out from all the rest, they are genuine in their friendliness and they will go out of their way to do whatever they can to make your stay fantastic.

I didn’t make payment for this hotel until the day we arrived; initially this made me feel a little nervous because most hotels request you to leave your credit card details prior to arriving. I also had arranged free pick up from the airport and was even more concerned when our flight was delayed by 40 minutes, and I had no way of notifying the staff at the airport waiting to pick us up and transfer us to the hotel. My concerns were immediately put to rest as soon as we walked out of the airport we saw a large sign with my full name on it waiting for us. We were picked up in an air-conditioned van and transported back to the hotel where we were greeted with genuine smiles even though it was quite late in the night. The next morning we were provided with orientation, the most refreshing lemon iced tea, we were given vouchers to have a free massage and sit down lunch at the restaurant. My partner and I stayed 10 days so they provided us a with a small mobile phone with a Cambodian number so that if we ever needed them for any reason whilst on a long distance tour or in town we could just call them. This made booking reservations in town for dinner very easy for us as we were simply able to call them on the phone.

One of the sweetest things someone could have done for my partner and I occurred at this hotel and I will always remember this. My partner and I got engaged in Siem Reap and when the hotel found out about this they decorated our room with rose petals in the shape of a heart, they put single roses in our rooms and made swans out of towels. They were very secretive and very excited about the whole process and we were so appreciative.
In terms of choosing the room for you it really depends on what it is that you are after in a hotel room. If you want a large room with a lot of space, big bathroom then I would choose the Superior Double (request room 24 it was perfect). I also stayed for most of it in the pool side double which was FANTASTIC as well, the room is smaller, the bathroom is smaller but you are on the ground floor and are incredibly close to the swimming pool. We swam every day and so having our own private pool lounge outside our room and only steps away from the pool really benefited us.

The location again is awesome it’s about $1-2 to go into town by tuk tuk (depending on how many there are of you going on the tuk tuk) or you could walk it. During the wet season it may be difficult to walk if there are large puddles as the hotel is located on a dirt road. There is a petrol station across the road where you can get money out of the ATM and cold drinks to fill up your mini fridge with. The fridge in the room is great they fill it up with 2 cold bottles of water per day and it’s just handy to have in the room.
The restaurant at the hotel is also great, the chef is a wonderful cook and I was so surprised at how large of a variety we had for the free buffet breakfast. We would also order food and drinks to be delivered to our pool lounges on our lazy days at the hotel. Even when we were in the pool and hadn’t ordered anything the staff would come around and place a pot of green tea and peanuts at our table for us to enjoy once we returned to our room.

There is a major misconception that you only need a few days in Siem Reap as there is so much to do in this wonderful city. If you are planning a trip to Siem Reap no matter how little or long you spend there you need to choose this hotel it’s simply the best!
Special thanks to Alice, Anik and Alison for all their support and friendly smiles.

Room Tip: Book Early. When I booked the pool side double wasn't available for the full trip so I stayed 8...
1  Thank Sharni_Daco
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here last November for 4 nights and it was great. All the staff are very friendly, rooms are spacious and attractively decorated, nice swimming pool, good food, and tours to angkor in a tuk tuk for a reasonable price. We booked directly through the hotel and got loads of amazing freebies - free dinner, free massage, free packed breakfast and lunch - amazing! Being greeted with cold towels when arriving back from a humid day at the temples was great too. The spa was good - the Cambodian massage is worth having. If we ever come back to Siem Reap we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again :-)
P.s. For any females going to Angkor Wat - they wouldn't let me in with a shawl on over my vest - you have to be wearing a top that covers your shoulders which wasn't explicit in our guidebook - I had to wear my husbands t shirt to get in!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice hotel with people working there who were extraordinary helpful and friendly. One of the warmest welcomes we had in the last years. We also had a complimentary massage which was included in our room booking. Golden temple is a great place to go.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It isn't one of the big fancy resorts and in this case I think it is a good thing. A beautiful hotel with great amenities, good solid food, tasty cocktails and (most importantly) phenomenal customer service! In my earlier corporate days I traveled a lot and stayed at 5 star hotels and I would say that their customer service at the Golden Temple rivals what I have experienced at the 5 star hotels - no doubt!

We arrived late in the evening due to some issues with immigration. Travel weary with cranky kids we were spent; however, Alison greeted us immediately outside of the airport with a warm smile and led us to the shuttle. Once we arrived they provided us with refreshing teas and ensured the check-in process was efficient and painless. When we arrived at our rooms, they provided us with yummy orange drinks and a fruit assortment, which was great as we hadn't had much of a dinner prior to our arrival. Throughout our stay the staff was always attentive and always remembered our names. There was always someone there to personally greet us when we returned from our daily excursions. ALWAYS top notch service.

I would highly recommend Golden Temple to folks with families. Both our kids loved staying there as the staff was always warm and engaging with them. The pool is just big enough for fun and has the little waterfall our kids enjoyed swimming through. The breakfast had a good assortment of items to choose from, even for our youngest who can be a picky eater. Also, the hotel is a stone's throw from the Old Market and Night Market as well as other restaurants and bars, which means you aren't stranded at the hotel and can actually go out for an evening stroll in the city if you fancy it.

The rooms were clean and well taken care of - absolutely no complaints there.

We will certainly make this our hotel of choice when we go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights and felt very welcome from the time we were met at the airport. The restaurant and pool area are great. It is the staff that gives this place it's wonderful feel. From the reception to the restaurant to poolside staff to cleaners, they all greet you with a warm greeting each time. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Room 12 is good.
1  Thank debwhatley
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We decided to treat ourselves by staying at the Golden Temple Hotel - and what a treat it was! A place with a pool still wins with children no matter how old they are - and the pool is truly beautiful. So are the staff, with our host - Alice - an amazing and inspiring young lady. Alice went out of her way and assisted me in tracking down some Cambodian coffee I had been served and loved. She organised a tuk tuk, came with me (what seemed like quite a journey) and then was able to assist me in the purchase of few bags to bring home (now to find out how I can get more - those I serve it to are much impressed!). Our rooms were large and comfortable. Flowers placed upon the bed was a lovely touch for the romantic in the family. The restaurant had lovely food and I even undertook the cooking course - and it was just me! Had a great time. We organised a tour through the hotel and had a lovely tuk tuk driver. We had promised our teenage daughter that she would get her longed for wish of riding an elephant. When we arrived at the elephants, were all booked for the day. The tuk tuk driver was kind enough to book our daughter and her boyfriend a ride the following day, picked them up, took them and brought them back. We also were fortunate enough to take advantage of their VIP service. What a bonus - well worth it! Love it and look forward to returning to some time soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family