“Only regret is not staying longer”

Golden Temple Hotel
Ranked #20 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Fabulous experience staying at the Golden Temple Hotel for two nights.

I Can't really fault anything about my stay here.

I was collected by tuk tuk from the airport for the pleasant ride into town. Upon arriving I was given a seat in their reception area and offered a cool drink and snack while I checked in plus booked me in for my complimentary massage. I'd changed my booking date at the last minute and arrived early in the morning so my room wasn't ready yet (which I expected) but they held my luggage as I was due to meet my guide to go straight out to the temples.

Upon returning in the afternoon my room was ready and I was impressed. A large room with all the modern conveniences (LCD television with satellite channels, large laptop sized safe, air conditioning, fast wifi) with a great balcony looking over the pool area.

I had my own laptop but they also provide computers in the reception area for use. Wifi covers both the rooms and common areas. Was pleasantly surprised to find it faster than what I'd experienced in Thailand.

The included cooked breakfasts were good with a few options available. I also had lunch in their restaurant the second day, the food was very tasty and great value for money.

The location is good only a 10 minute walk into the Old Market area or a $1 tuk tuk ride each way.

All the staff were very friendly, they couldn't do enough for you.

After driving past all the big hotels out of town I'm so glad that I went with the Golden Temple instead. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Golden Temple Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2011

This place really knows about service! In fact, I have never received such good service anywhere in my life. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the pool is lovely....much appreciated after a long day of looking at temples. When you walk in the first time, you are greeted by flower petals on the bed and in the sink. The aircon works well and there is a tv, DVD player and tea and coffee making. That said, the thing that really stands out about this hotel is the service. The staff can't do enough for you and are always giving you little freebies (tea and fruit by the pool, spring rolls, etc). They were very attentive without being overbearing. The rate includes breakfast and wi-fi (which worked very well for us). Although we didn't take the tours offered by the hotel, they seemed to be a very good price. All in all, this was a very special experience and I would recommend it for anyone.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was just fantastic. On arrival we were greeted with smiles and service beyond belief. A welcome drink, a cold face towel after our free pickup and then shown to our room which was immaculate. We chose a pool view room and reckon you should too. The ones out the back are still very nice, but facing onto a hostel doesnt do the balcony justice. The pool view was superb and we loved lounging on our balcony. The rooms have everything you could want including a dvd player along with 2 dvds on cambodia. We spent much time by the pool as byt the time we checke din we'd already spent 2 days in siem reap and had visited all the major temples. The service by the pool was out of this world. We were constantly offered free Khmer food, fruit, pots of tea and juice. Yes free!!! and given with a smile and courtesy rarely found elsewhere. One of the wait staff Kimsaran (sorry for my mispelling) was an absolute dream. Service like this I have never known before and I have stayed at many 5 star establishments. Really... do yourself a favour and book a few nights at the Golden Temple Hotel, you will NOT be disappointed.

Btw there is also free wifi in the rooms, and PCs with internet if you dont come with a smartphone or laptop.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

I think this is the hotel we all wish we could stay at forever! The staff are amazing, they know your name the minute you walk in, and form then on it is just incredible, if you look up for just a minute there is a staff memeber there delivering a free cup of iced tea or a platter of fruit - complements of the hotel. Then your bed is decorated with flower petals in the most beautiful way, [we had this done twice wow!!] The food is great and so is the cooking school, great fun and very informative - even if you are a complete beginner they are able to show you the ropes in a most entertaining and delicous way! Pool and rooms are spectacular and what can one say about the staff.....!! From Richard, Bopha, Leak and the night receptionist to the waiters, chefs in the kitchen to the massage ladies and the wonderful room attendants,and the cleaning lady who spent a whole day scrubbing round the pool and was still smiling when she finished!!, they are all so friendly and kind. When we left everyone came to say goodbye - when does that ever happen!! [except when you leave home to go on holidays!! ]
We will be back and very soon.................

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

This hotel has been amazing. We only stayed two nights and wish we had more time to enjoy the relaxing beauty of the place. On arrival we were greeted with warm smiles and great service. Our room was available straight away and the decorations on the bed (done with flower petals) were amazing. The rooms are a nice size and have everything you need. My only gripe is the design of the bathrooms (the water from the shower ends up wetting the whole bathroom floor and makes quite a mess) but this is minor when considering the effort this hotel goes to.

We were welcomed with a complimentary drink and some snacks. We then booked in for a complimentary 1 hr massage each at the hotel spa. On arrival to the pool area for a swim we were brought a complimentary light lunch (don't know if this is standard but it was delicious!)

The pool area is worth some time. It's well laid out and the decor generally around the hotel is excellent and very modern. The tiles around the pool can be a little slippery so watch your step. The staff here are always willing to help out. If anything they are just too eager to please ... but this can't be a bad thing. They have made our stay very enjoyable. Make use of the restaurant for dinners too if you don't want to venture out. The food is good and very reasonably priced. Internet access is easy with free wi-fi and 8 computers set up in the reception area.

We booked this hotel after reading others reviews on this site and we sure are happy we did. An excellent choice when staying in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I had picked our hotel on Agoda.com because it was relatively cheap ($45) and had received great reviews (rare). We were bowled over when we arrived. First there was a great drink and sticky rice (they called it cake) steamed in banana leaves. Then after a long day at the temples (we left the hotel at 5AM to catch the sunrise at Angkor Wat), we were relaxing by the pool (stunning area) and the staff wanted to know if we’d like to try some Cambodian food. They then proceeded to bring us a huge meal to eat (vegetarian, for me) all complimentary. Oh, and they also included 2 massages to relax our tired muscles. Our room was amazing, too. The bed was covered in this intricate flower design (I originally thought it was a pattern on the duvet, but it was actually real flowers). So we can’t say enough about the Golden Temple Hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed at the Golden Temple Hotel for three days and we had a truly memorable and enjoyable experience. We arrived in Siem Reap by the Mekong Express bus from Phnom Penh and the tuk-tuk driver sent by the hotel was there promptly to pick us up. When we reached the hotel we were greeted by the staff, who was very friendly and helpful. The welcome drink is particularly refreshing and the khmer cake with the sugared peanuts were a good combination. We were offered a complimentary massage, which was an excellent addition to our trip, and a chance to try out the Khmer massage. The staff also recommends the different sightseeing options that can be done given the number of days you stay at Siem Reap which is extremely nice on their part. The rooms were very well done (although, the orange maybe a bit of an overdose - it overall fits well with the theme). All the rooms overlook the pool. The interiors are very Angkor carving/sculpture theme, which adds on to the whole experience. The icing on the cake is that the location of the hotel is perfect to walk down to the famous Pub Street and the Night Market. Also it is only about 20-25 minutes to the main Angkor attractions by tuk tuk. Great value for money is just another aspect combined with great service! Two things about the service which i found particularly impressive - 1. We had a flight at 7:50 am and we were getting a bit late to go down, so we got a call from the reception to make sure we are up and getting ready to leave to the airport. 2. We just got an email from them, thanking us for staying there, making us feel nicer about the whole experience! Thank you Golden Temple Hotel for this very comfortable stay!