“Siddharta Siem Reap March 2012”

Siddharta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #60 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
New York
“Siddharta Siem Reap March 2012”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I am in the middle of an 8 night booking and so far everything is fine. Airport pick-up was seamless, my tuk-tuk driver (included) has been great, arranging drop-offs and pick-ups exactly as asked. The pool is small and too warm to refresh - as a swimmer, I would skip it, but it's certainly OK for little kids play. Breakfasts are fine - especially if you like fruits, which I do- all choices of tropical, banana, etc., choice of eggs, acceptable breads and pastries, their own yogurt and jams, fine coffee.

You don't want to walk around from here, but the tuk-tuk arrangement takes care of that- into town or Angkor, etc.

The staff is great, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Bob B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Indonesian first
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My family and I stayed there for 3 nights.

Rooms- We stayed in the family roomm which had two huge bedrooms with seperate bathrooms and TVs. The beds were good and very clean. Maybe a little firm, but I slept on worse while traveling in Asia. The TV had many different channels to choose from. The bathroom was very big with a big shower, but no bathtub. The only negative thing was the mosquitos in the room, but we read the reviews before our stay so we were prepared. We brought some mosquito repellent that was battery operated, so while in the room at night we ran our little gadget all night long and we never got bitten.

Pool- Just awesome. We used it every day after touring Angkor Wat, its a very nice salt water pool with lots of lounge chairs and a nice little bar on one end to order a nice cold beer to relax and cool off from the heat.

Spa- What can I say. I had the best massage ever there. That little 80# girl worked me over for 90 minutes and it was the best. My wife did a body scrub and she was very pleased with it. Towards the end of my 90 minuted my wife was already done with he rbody scrub so her and the girl proceeded to start massaging me too. I never had 3 lovely ladies massage me at the same time. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. FYI- it was very professional and the price is so cheap. Yes you can get a $2 massage by a blind person and have 5 year old cooking oil put on you and lay down on sticky sheets, but I prefer to get mines at a professional clean spa.

Food- We ate breakfast there every day. Lots of choices and they will make your eggs anyways you want. Lots of fresh fruit and breads. The mango was so sweet. Plus watching the sun rise from the resturant area was spectacular.
We ate dinner there once, and the menu had a lot of choices to choose from.

Transportation- The hotel picked us up the bus station in a car, we had no problems. The driver was waiting for us when we arrived at the bus station. Having your own tuk tuk driver was awesome. Spoke very good english and he knew exactly were to go when we told him a particular destionation (Resturants, Angkor Wat, Bars, Shops). He always had cold water bottles for us and even cold towels. Which was super nice of him, after walking around the Temples of Angkor Wat. Im not sure he was suppose to offer it to us, but we gave him a nice big tip at the end of our stay to compensate him for the water. Even is the hotel makes them do this, these tuk tuk drivers make little money. So why not help them out. What is a few extra dollars to help these wonderful people of Cambodia. The hotel arrange to have a car big enough to take us to the airport at the end of stay.

Tours- The hotel arrange to have our own tour guide for the entire 3 days we stayed there. Spoke excellent english and was very knowledgable of the temples and Cambodia. We enjoyed the 3 days with him.

I would stay here again that is for sure. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank yeahawaii
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Siddharta is the best place to stay after a long and tiring day touring Siem Reap and its temples…superb service with very friendly and accommodating staff. My tuktuk driver, Mr. Horl, was very nice and friendly. Poi, my guide, was very funny and entertaining…and very informative as well. Too bad I had to cut my visit short, but I will definitely be back...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank pieMD
Toronto
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it's sister hotel (The Pavillion) was booked. It is in a great location - very short distance to both downtown and the temples. You have a private tuk tuk for the length of your stay in the hotel fee. They have a nice salt water swimming pool and spacious rooms. My only comment is that the floors looked like they rarely got cleaned. I am not sure why as the rest of the place was super clean? Good place to stay however in Siem Reap and I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank luv2travelthree
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I had an absolutely perfect experience here! Our room was incredibly spacious with a nice flat screen television, a wonderful bathtub and separate shower, a stocked fridge, a basket of exotic fruit, and a bed adorned with swan towels and flower petals. The bed was very comfortable, and the AC worked perfectly. The noise was minimal, service was flawless, and the breakfast was good.

Massages were very cheap and fairly decent. They arranged tuktuk drivers to take you to the city center for free, make reservations for you, and pretty much help you with whatever you need in town.

An incredible value...very romantic...great pool...Perfect Stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dianah R
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is by far one of the best places my husband and I have stayed. I was our honeymoon and they made it very special, petals and towels folded as two swans on the bed. The front desk staff are extremely informative and can assist with anything. Staff across the hotel were so lovely and always had a smile to share. The pool is fantastic maybe not as big as some of the larger resorts but the size of this hotel is what makes it a more intimate stay. The pool is also salt water which was a treat.
Food in the restaurant was great and very reasonably priced for a hotel. Try the spa too, had a Khamer massage it was devine.
If you book directly with the hotel they provide a tuk tuk driver every day of your stay to get you to the temples, into town (short trip and tuk tuk is a great way to travel around Siem Reap) they also make sure you have the same driver for your stay. If you do not book direct it is only 10USD per day which is well worth it.
We can't wait to return to Siem Reap and we will definately be staying at Siddharta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We originally wanted to stay at the Pavillion d'Orient but got offered this great sister property as an alternative.

Pros
* You get a tuk tuk driver on hand for your whole stay to take you wherever you want to go
up until 10pm - ours, Mr Dada, was brilliant.
* You get a helpful suggested itinerary for the temples when you arrive but can deviate from
this as much as you want.
* Very clean and spacious rooms - we had a triple with 3 big beds. Shower is huge!
* Large spa with lots of choice (although I would have liked pedicures) - I recommend the
Siddharta massage (30 mins Khmer and 60 mins aroma for only $19)
* Lots of choice on the breakfast buffet - especially fresh fruits.
* Plenty of beds by the pool.
* Top floor terrace has lovely views over surrounding countryside.
* Large Mac for guest use (great for Skype)

Cons
* You are a little way out of town which may be a problem for those who like to be in the thick
of it (only a short tuk tuk ride away though)
* Staff at breakfast were were quite slow to bring our table essentials (we always had to ask)
and quite often didn't ask about our cooked order.
* Saltwater pool.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room for terrace with hanging 'egg' chair!