“Best decision I made in Siem Reap”
Review of Avie Moriya Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Avie Moriya Villa
Ranked #106 of 325 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the Avie Moriya for a whole month (I was volunteering at the hospital down the street) and had the most wonderful experience. Luca, the owner, treated me so kindly and the rest of the staff was spectacular.
The rooms are clean and the lovely women that clean the rooms do an amazing job! On most days (and this was totally unnecessary) they folded my clothes for me and left me nice smelling flowers on my pillow. The staff greeted me every morning but never pressured me to buy bus tickets, breakfast or anything else. I found this really refreshing.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. It was quiet and away from the main pub street area, close to the river and near enough places to eat that I was completely content.

For the price, you cannot beat it. If you're looking for a clean, inexpensive place to stay. This is a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Every room I stayed in was lovely. If you want the quietest space, choose something on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Spent a night at Avie Moriya Villa in July 2013. Owner and manager were helpful, the tuk tuk driver they contacted to take us around Angkor was really nice (and fast). The room was clean and spacious. A/C worked well, sheets and towels were clean. Floor is bloody slippery though, starting in the hall so beware!
Verdict: will definitely stay there again next time in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Ground floor had wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Avie Moriya lets itself down with its thin aged sheets and dated decoration that is 10 years overdue for a revamp. It is a shame because the location is good and the rooms are well sized, and despite the musty feeling of the place, it is actually quite clean. This is an OK place to stay but it is nothing special... although it could be with a lick of paint, some new sheets and some new toilet seats, manager take note!!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, some are better than others, and do not choose room 7, there is a lot of...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ECM_travels
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I came here thinking that it was a few dollars more than I wanted to spend but quickly realised it was well worth it. For me just having good AC and a room is all I really need but this place also had really a really comfortable bed, it's really quiet at night, and they keep the place immaculate. Upstairs there is a comfy balcony where you can sit and watch the street. If you feel like being social there are usually a few customers downstairs watching football or hanging out. Also there is the best cat in the world that roams the place and seems to stand guard at night. It's a quick walk to pub street but not so close that it's noisy. Plus you get breakfast included. I actually stayed more in the hotel than I intended because it was that enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

After finding this spot on booking.com, my boyfriend and I stayed at Avie Moriya Villa from May 2nd - 5th. We were extremely impressed with the price, service and location.

The bed was very comfortable, rooms were big and spacious (a bit dim, but opening the blinds makes a big difference). The owner was absolutely wonderful! He gave good recommendations, set us up with a Tuk-Tuk driver for the day (who was very lovely and took us anywhere we wanted to go for only 20 - 30 USD / day, depending on how long he was with us).

The location of this guesthouse is perfect - close to a bank (to exchange money at a better rate than anywhere else) and about a 5 minute walk from Pub Street.

There are no safes in the room, but the owner kindly offered to lock our passports up in his own personal safe. We decided to keep them on us, but after getting to know Luca we definitely would have felt comfortable leaving them with him.

* There is an Austrian restaurant only a stone throw away, and it was AMAZING! I have been living in Asia for a year and it was probably one of the best 2 meals I've had (sausage, potatoes, spaghetti and lasagna).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We arrived in Siem Reap after a long bus journey from Phnom Penh. We trailed around about 6 guesthouses and hostels and couldn't find anywhere that was cheap but yet nice! We then came across Avie Moriya! What a lovely place! We originally booked for 4 nights and ended up staying 8! We loved it here!

The place is very clean,in walking distance to the market and pub street and great value for money! The beds were comfy and the place was very quiet which was great for getting an early night ready for sunrise at Angkor Wat! The owner Luca was lovely and really helpful! We met some lovely people also staying here which made the stay even more enjoyable!

I would definitely recommend Avie Moriya to anyone staying in Siem Reap! We couldn't have asked for anything more! Thanks Luca!

Sophie

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sonictheraver
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We enjoyed staying here. We liked the Italian owner who was courteous without being effusive and found us a good tuk tuk driver for the temple tours.
We had room nunber one which he said was the best room,and although it was on the ground floor at the front it was quiet. The bed and fittings were grand with a large TV -the bedroom was more basic bit clean and breakfast was satisfactory. The location was excellent just a block from the centre, When I saw all those hotel blocks on the way into the city I was so glad we were in the middle in such an attractive hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple