“Great place to stay!!!”

Ranked #305 of 483 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I spent more than 6 weeks at the Dream Villa guesthouse and it is definitely a great place to stay. It is a bit outside of town so it is kind of quiet. If you want to cycle to town or anywhere else, you can just borrow a bike at any time. Or if you want to go to town without any effort, you can ask for the tuk-tuk and in 2 minutes you will be there.
The villa has a nice garden where you can eat and/or relax with a cup of tea/coffee. New decoration was ongoing and it was getting nicer every day!!
The rooms are simple but very nice. They are well equipped with hot water, fan, A/C and fridge. They are cleaned every day. And it was good for me to have Wifi in the room and in the garden.
The owners are really nice and helpful. They will always try to give you tips to make your stay better. If you want to travel around Cambodia, they can help you book boat or bus or taxi and they will be glad to do it.
The staff is very nice – the tuk-tuk driver, the cook, the lady taking care of the rooms and all other helpers will make your stay enjoyable.
Now you can even eat at the Dream Villa if you don’t feel like going to the busy downtown every night. The cook is making great meals according to what you feel like. Just choose your ingredients!!!!
I strongly recommend this place and will go again!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ALB7050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We chose this b&b because of the good comments, and it's close enough to town but not too close to be in the middle of all the traffic & crowds - and we didn't get disappointed.

Room was spacious for the price (we paid $20 including breakfast & pick up) and it includes wifi as well. Love having both ceiling fan & air con and great hot shower after a long day of walk in the temples.

They arranged tuk tuk for our sightseeing and the team was very friendly and helpful always. Some days we also borrow their bikes and cycle to town, with is less than 5mins away.

We loved our visit to siem reap & hope to return to this guesthouse again when we revisit!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank VCB1509
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here in August for four weeks whilst volunteering at ACDODO orphanage. The location was perfect for me as it's right next to ACODO. It's about a kilometre out of town, but the free bicycles made it really easy to ride into town every day. It's far enough out of town to be nice and quiet at night which suited me, but still only a couple of minutes in a tuktuk for a night out (and all tuktuk drivers I had knew where it is which is a bonus). My room was very comfortable and clean, with working fan, aircon, hot water, fridge and tv, free WIFI and free drinking water. All the staff were friendly and efficient, and the manager Chhay always went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. He and his brother were lovely and always happy to have a chat, which was nice as I was there alone. They are currently undergoing some renovations which I think will make this place even better, can't wait to try some food from the brand new kitchen on my next stay. For a budget guest house I was impressed. The Angkor Dream Villa will definitely be my first choice for accommodation on my next visit!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Tashia v
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed here in July for ten days. The place is just south of the main town but only 5 minutes by moto. Its about to be upgraded and maybe become hotel status, so not sure how long this review remains valid. I can say that I didnt have any problem at all. Service was fine. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean and bug-free. All the room features worked as expected. The only slightly unpleasant thing was the brilliant morning sun coming through the thin curtains. Not a problem if you're an early bird visiting the temples, but I was looking forward to sleeping late. Internet was OK. I cant comment on breakfasts because they were not included. The room was comparatively cheap. I will be visiting Siem Reap again soon and this accommodation is top of my list right now. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank wilkinsonde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Fantastic holiday,great food and entertainment...can't believe the poor reviews are for the same place?! The receptionist Tarik is a great guy,very smily and happy to help and always having a joke with you. Very happy to be going back. :)

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Dustie09
hochiminh city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Actually we (6pax) were there in April 2011. Such a good place for budget backpackers. Free pick up at bus station / airport even it's late at night. From my opinion, I could not find a good cup of coffee in Cambodia but I'm satisfied with their big plate of fruit for breakfast (Yum!!!). Super cute tuktuk driver (the owner's younger brother), he even help us to bargain at night market <3<3<3 I have asked them to help us buy bus ticket back to Phnom Penh, afternoon they called us to check whether we have arrived safely. Miss them so much. They make me really want to come back to Siem Reap!!! In Circuit Hotel, Phnom Penh we could not find it's friendly and helpful like them although we have paid higher for room night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank thuytinh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Im staying here now and this little hotel is great. Basic service but good value for the money ($13-$15). There was a ceiling fan in my room, which is a nice touch since the a/c often makes the room too chilly for me. Inalsomliked that they did not use the ugly, harsh fluorescent ceiling light that most lower priced places like to use.

There was no safe in my room, although the staff was very friendly and I felt comfortable leaving my camera and pocket change in plain site while I was out of the room. Nothing was ever missing. The bathroom could use a shelf or two, as I had no place to put my toiletries aside from a basket hanging on the wall. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012