“Nice place to stay in Siem Reap”
Review of Angkor Dream Villa

Angkor Dream Villa
Ranked #325 of 495 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stay in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

The welcome on arrival by the two brothers who run the Ankor Villa was awesome! A cold drink, many smiles and immediate assistance to help me get the best out of my visit to Siem Reap and Ankor. It's a short distance (15 minute walk) from the centre of Siem Reap, but I considered that to be an advantage. Sadly, during my stay there was a power cut caused by a major car accident some distance away which rendered the final two nights somewhat uncomfortable with little ventilation or water. Nonetheless, everything possible was done to make the best of the situation, so top marks from me for the way this problem was dealt with. My only criticism was the TukTuk driver arranged by the hotel. He was friendly and willing, but despite seeking assurances that he spoke good English, he didn't! Had he spoken good English I think I would have got more out of my visits to the temples, rare than just being dropped off and having to work it out for myself. Nevertheless, I wold recommend Ankor Dream Villa as a good value B&B in Siem Reap

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Brummalc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Don't think there had been any international coverage but there was a complete black out in Angkor during my visit, which happened on the second day of my arrival. It's sad to see how the town and people can be affected without the supply from Thailand, as I heard from locals that there has been an accident which knocked down the poles and therefore no electricity was supplied.

I was planning for a week's stay, however have shortened due to this issue. Despite the fact that there was no power, meaning no fan, no ac, no light... I did enjoy my stay and the manager and staff has tried their best to their ability - having to remember it is still a developing country. The room is nice for the price I paid, and luckily all windows can be opened. The staff provided candles and escorted my way around. By the second evening they already sourced a small generator so at least there was so light around. The whole road on the way was pitch black so clearly some other places didn't bother to try to look after their guests.

Some other guests moved out but I stayed on for few more days, as I really want to see the sights and the villa arrange a nice tour guide and tuktuk for me. As I've prepaid for my booking on another website, unfortunately they cannot refund my shortened stay. However to be fair it was in the booking condition and the black out was beyond their control, not like power was deliberately cut off to inconvenient their guests. So shame to see the below comment on the refund... It's not like the room costed $300/night, I'd just think the money is going to those who needed it more... and it was minimal anyway.

It seems to be a frequent issue but most shops and businesses still don't have back up power, which was the case at this villa. However you can see everyone stressing and running around to help as much as they could, and I really do appreciate the friendliness of the staff. Nothing much can be done and amongst talking to people in town, black out does happen regularly but not to this extent of almost a week (announced only by governor after a day of darkness to public). Surely this wasn't the best time to visit but life goes on... and most local don't have electricity anyway and that's the way of life there.

Overall I'd say its an experience and I am deeply touched by the people of this country, and how precious and spoilt we all are until we loose these luxury in life. I will definitely see things from another side from now on and not take things for granted!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jay Z
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Back to this lovely place once again and it didn't disappoint. Few pieces of new art created and nice improvements. The place seems busier and we enjoyed breakfast chatting with other in house guests.

Being in Siem Reap we chose not to stay right in the middle of the action as you do get irritated by constantly being approached by TukTuk drivers/massage place. No hassle as such at Dream Villa and you can just borrow a free bike and explore the town on your own!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank QTSBee
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Everyone is so kind make me feel comfortable to staying there~ breakfast is delicious,they have different menu every day,eat with your complementary tea or coffee,you will have full of energy to start a wonderful day.room is awesome with hot water ,air condition ,frige and TV,room leaning everyday. And of course,have free WIFI. In the Angkor Dream Villa have an adorable cat I never met. It's a little bit far from the Siem Reap town, but they serve the tuktuk to take you to the town,and it also have bicycle to rent.I will be very happy to come again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Qiqiqi
Roseville, California
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Dream Villa! The guesthouse is very clean! Staff very hospitable; the Villa is out of the noise and limelight of the evening action, but close enough if you need to get there (3 minute Tuk Tuk ride); Pick-up and delivery to and from the airport was very helpful and convenient. Drivers are always available when you need them, whether taking you to the night-life during the evenings or to the Angkor Tours during the day!!! Chai, the owner and his staff treat all their guests as their close friends and relatives; very friendly and personable; always concerned about everyone’s needs; the place was so peaceful; this allowed me to do some critical thinking regarding my work. The guesthouse is also very secure; they know everyone going in & out of the premise. I look forward to staying at Angkor Dream Villa again in the near future!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Edmond C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Even though the owner Victor was away during my visit, his brother Robert showed us great hospitality and made our stay there very comfortable. He was always enthusiastic to introduce us places to visit which was very helpful.

The rooms are always very clean and well maintained daily after we've returned from outside.

Specific requirements for the following day's breakfast can also be arranged, which makes things more convenient for us visitors.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JinJun
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Amazing amazing amazing!
During six months of a trip to the Far East I stayed in many guesthouses, but it was certainly the most successful one!
Except the high quality rooms, very clean and tastefully decorated and delicious breakfast , the staff and owners were charming and impressively generous!
We stayed in this guesthouse over a week and it felt like home!
very recommended!