“Beautiful property with an amazing owner at a great value.”

Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa
Ranked #9 of 513 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2011

The intimacy of a boutique hotel (less than 20 rooms, knowledgeable and highly sociable expat owner), beautiful property (garden grounds, custom wood furniture), and excellent amenities (free WiFi, free airport pickup) for an excellent midrange price range.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 14 March 2011

Our stay at Bloom Garden Guest was fun and relaxing. When we arrived Diana greeted us with cold tea and a selection of Cambodian scarves to choose from. Throughout our stay we enjoyed visiting with Diana and the other guests she introduced to us. Diana would arrange our tuk tuk drivers and give them directions to the sights we wanted to visit.
The guesthouse room was spotless had air con (very important), the bed and linens were beautiful and comfortable. My daughter and I had a really fabulous time and I was sad to leave so soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I chose this hotel by advice of my friend who researched tripadvisor. I didn't make online booking and didn't call hotel beforehand and this was my mistake. The unique placement of Bloom Garden which makes it so quiet and calm also makes it impossible to find just by having address. Town maps also help little. So if you plan your staying here - warn hotel reception - they will arrange tuk-tuk to pick you up from airport.
When I entered the house the first impression was "Wow". Everything inside is made of wood. Nice carvings, elite furniture, "one piece" carved chairs. Gives a feeling of "I want it for my home"))
As per the room - I was very happy. On my taste room was big and comfortable. Nice beds also.
The food was ok - typical european stuff - eggs, toasts, jam and coffee for breakfast.
The position of the hotel - relatively close to Angkor Wat. Possible to use bicycles (I used tuk-tuk by day rent though). 5-10 min from city center.
Hotel features - its insides - wood carvings, big rooms, a big balcony, and its big garden - very beautiful and very green, make it something special and worth seeing.
I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Campuchia.

And special thanks to Diana (hotel keeper) and Lena (her friend) - their advice made our trip extra special.
Also try to get contact with Solui - tourist guide who can organize some trips not provided by usual travel/tourist agencies (if you feel adventurous).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Diana's hospitality is compelling. This last visit was my third visit in 6 months and the standard of the room and the promptness of the service again exceeded expectation. After a welcoming drink and a krama scarf to welcome my friends and I, we went to our rooms were spotless and comfortably arranged. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom more Asian style with the uncurtained shower with drain in the corner. Ah, the hotwater is great!

Situated close to the ticketing gate for the Angkor Temple Complex the rooms are very quiet yet is very accessible to town, just a $2 tuktuk fare. The guest house will have an English-speaking driver there within 10-15 min. They also recommend excellent places (great value) to eat out.

I find the comfortable conversations over breakfast most enjoyable... seems most everyone is looking to share something of their adventure over the second cuppa!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Lovely and easy trip to Siem Reap and Angkor thanks to Diana. The guest house is probably one of the nicest places I've ever stayed anywhere. It is a peaceful enclave in an sensory overwhelming country. (And, importantly in Siem Reap, far from the tourist areas.) An easy bicycle ride to Angkor Wat and the other close temples. Nice fruit and foods market right at the end of the street. The room was perfect - pretty, comfortable (a/c for those desperate moments after a long day and fan for night), wonderful sheets and towels, filtered water. Breakfast was a treat (the coffee is really good). But the best part was Diana, herself. She goes all out to help (to the point of even needing to lend us money after I lost the key to the locked drawer holding our money and passports and bank cards - not that I think it was actually necessary to lock it up) with arranging trips to the temples, suggestions for restaurants (she's also a great dinner companion), and turning all of the guests into friends (of hers and the others). Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lillyteach
Reviewed 6 March 2011

After reading the reviews of Bloom Guesthouse on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay here and am really glad I did. I was a bit apprehensive to visit Cambodia alone but Diana, the manager of Bloom really made my stay! Fun, informative and caring, she gave the low-down on Siem Reap and helped me to arrange trips to Angkor Wat and find places to eat in town.

The guesthouse itself is lovely - surrounded by trees and flowers in a secluded setting - it's a bit out of the centre of town but that means it's quiet and airy. My room was spotlessly clean with a spacious, comfortable bed and aircon. Breakfast was served whenever I wanted it (eggs seem more delicious in Cambodia for some reason).

I should also mention that Diana also directs a social enterprise, Bloom Bags, which produces bags from recycled materials. Her shop is in town and I bought around 10 of these funky purses, reusable shopping bags and wallets to bring home to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed at Bloom very briefly, for one night. I live in Siem Reap, but was travelling with friends who were staying at Bloom. We had such an early departure time, it made more sense to stay at Bloom than at my own home.

What can I tell you from such a whirlwind visit? FIrst, Bloom has the most comfortable mattresses I've slept on in Siem Reap. They have Western-style mattresses, instead of the thick foam I've found everyplace else. That was the best night's sleep I've gotten since arriving.

Second, the guesthouse was spotlessly clean.

And third, Bloom walks the talk about being green. The bathrooms had bulk dispensers for soap and shampoo rather than little individually wrapped packets. Water was available in a large dispenser jug. ( It was also available in small individual bottles, so I could take one with me for travel. However, I prefer to use big dispensers where possible.)

Bloom is in a beautiful location, and the porch and covered eating area are nice places to relax and listen to the birds. If you're looking for someplace quiet, beautiful, and comfortable, I recommend Bloom.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo