“Feeling great at Bloom Garden Guesthouse”

Bloom Garden Guesthouse Villa
Ranked #8 of 516 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2014

From the first moment I contacted them via email I decided this was the place to stay. I didn't know anything about Siem Reap and they kept on answering very politely and friendly all the questions I had. A tuk tuk driver was waiting for me when I arrived at the airport and was received at the beautiful guesthouse with a delicious lemonade and lots of smiles. Diana and her staff are so helpful and made me feel at home. They arranged for tuk tuk drivers to take me at 5am to the Angkor temples so I could watch the gorgeous sunrise, and for other wonderful trips I made, which they were so kind to suggest and arrange. They are there to answer all your questions and guide you. Breakfast is very good and you can take it at their lovely garden, in the charming second floor balcony or even they will bring it to your room. The rooms are impeccable and quiet. For me the location was great as I like my quiet at night, and day. A tuk tuk driver (they have their own and they are always ready to take you anywhere) can take you to downtown and it takes around 5 minutes. I like to walk so I used to walk most of the times, which is very safe, and takes around 30 minutes, and it is a very nice walk, either by the river, or next to stores, museum, royal house, massage places... a very nice way to know the city. The temples are very close to the guesthouse, much closer than if you stay downtown. You can choose to walk, take a tuk tuk or even a bike as they provide free bicycles. The price is unbeatable. Imagine, for $20 you have your clean and private room with a/c, fan, tv, dvd player, breakfast, and best of all Diana and her staff that made you feel at home and help you in any possible way. I highly recommend this place and will go there again if I have a chance to visit Siem Reap again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are great, very quiet, with private bathrooms, A/C, fan, tv and dvd player, and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IrmaNazario

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a lovely place to stay - beautiful, and with very good and pleasant staff, too. I would stay there again automatically if I were to return to Siem Reap - something I hope will happen. I loved my big shuttered windows and that they opened onto trees - with birds - and the garden. There are nice places to sit outside, and a great balcony on the upper floor, where a group of us archaeologists - visiting for a conference and to see the sites - ate breakfast every morning and often sat and talked later in the day.

Room Tip: I liked being upstairs - the view, the quiet. But all the rooms I saw are nice.
1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I think this is one of the best guesthouses in town and in Cambodia. What makes it special: the quite location in a green garden where you get woke up by singing birds, the beautiful wooden clean rooms with a good mosquitonet, the delicious breakfast on the balcony, the lovely and helpful staff and the close location to the entrance of angkor. If you want to escape the noisy area around the pupstreet and old market this is the place!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Indy-Gr
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Love the airy, open feel of Bloom Guesthouse. The rooms are spacious, comfy and attractive. Breakfast is a great start to the day and the staff are very happy to accommodate requests. We loved hanging out on the balcony for the breeze and the peace and quiet. Met some other lovely travelers there too.

The location is great if you want to get away from all the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap. You will need a tuk tuk at night or be feeling brave enough to walk past the barking dogs on a dusty, dark road. All part of the adventure really. We lived to tell the story and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FloatingStone
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I enjoyed staying at this guest house. Pros is a polite and kind man. TukTuk drivers have a great smile. Clean room.
I borrowed a bicycle one night, it was easy ride to downtown maybe 15mins or so.
The only small drawback is that it didn't have hot shower in my room, it was luke warm.

1  Thank greentea55
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I love this cozy and lovely Hotel. Every staff is very kind and friendly to me. I am so glad to know them and stay here. And Tuk Tuk driver is the same!! You will have a very good time and comfortable experience here!! Thank you my friends and Diana.

Room Tip: You can use free bicycle.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank newzozo
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I really enjoyed staying away from the main tourist drag as it was quiet and peaceful, this guesthouse is a quaint little place about 3km (US$2 tuk tuk ride) from Pub Street. It has a large garden and swings! There's also a expansive balcony on the second floor which allowed for some chilling and smoking. The staff were attentive, friendly, and eager to converse in English.

The guesthouse also has some regular tuktuk drivers - I highly recommend this dude called Kheang Heng Cheng ((855) 78 71 86 46 or (855) 972 677 778). He charged me very fair prices to far flung locations like Bantaey Srei, and he was technically my go to driver for the four days I was there. You can request for him!

Toilets were fine and room was kept spotlessly clean by the staff. Bed was also pretty awesome. When I was there the entire guesthouse was full, so do book in advance if you're going!