“Special place, fantastic memories”

and 1 more site!
Sweet Dreams Guesthouse
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had a wonderful month staying at Sweet Dreams, which I wouldn't change for the world.

The guesthouse has all the standard features that you would expect - there are rooms to suit different budgets and preferences.

What separates Sweet Dreams from other places is the people. The owner - Nini - and his family and friends will make you feel welcome from the start. They'll be able to answer any questions you have and make sure your entire stay is enjoyable and problem-free. The incredibly friendly and homely feel could not be imitated. It was real home away from home. I feel lucky to have found this place because it forms a big part of my treasured Cambodia memories.

I hope that I'll get the chance to return to Siem Reap and stay with Nini and co.

J

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I know that this guesthouse has been getting mostly positive reviews - which is why we chose to stay there - but I do not totally agree with this. It is true that the rooms were clean and the hostel's restaurant was very good. However, in my opinion the owner was a little bit too outgoing given the local cultural standards which made him appear really pushy to us. If you like this - great; we did not. Also, the term "family-run" seems to imply that you have really young girls (definitely younger than 16 and possibly not members of the above-mentioned "family") who clean your room and prepare your food. So, overall, it is a nice place but for the reasons given above, we would not go there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank backpacking_asia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Owned by Nini, who speaks excellent English and is very welcoming and friendly.. His kids are cute and friendly...
I stayed here 3 nights in a single bed room.
He can arrange for airport transfer (free), visits around the city, Angkor and buses to other destinations.. The GH compound usually has Nini's friends playing chess etc, making jokes and having a good time, which makes u feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about my time at Sweet Dreams Guesthouse. I was welcomed by the owner, Nini, as an old friend and continued to be treated as one for every weekend I was there for five weeks. It is in the Wat Bo area of Siem Reap, close enough to walk into the centre of town but also gets you out of the crush of the city centre. The guesthouse itself has everything you need and rooms are good value, comfortable and can be tailored to whatever comforts you require depending on your budget. The girls in the restaurant cook some great food, particularly breakfasts, and there is free internet and wifi to use. Also look out for the swish new rooms they are building out the back, all with hot water and air con, due to be completed in March.
But rooms are rooms and can be found anywhere. The thing that makes this place so so special really are the people you find here. Nini and his family are amazing. So so helpful and they know everything going on in Siem Reap. They will help you organise ANYTHING and are fair, honest, GREAT fun and so kind. I couldn't recommend Sweet Dreams enough. I am coming back to Cambodia in February and know where I will be staying!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ellie H
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed here for one month, and would advise anyone coming to Siem Reap to stay here. As soon as I arrived the guy who owns the guesthouse said "make yourself at home", and he meant it. His name is Nini, and he is one of the nicest and most generous people in Cambodia. I was volunteering at a local school in Siem Reap and decided on purchasing a motorbike while I was in town. Nini helped thorugh the whole process from begining to end, without ever asking for anything in return. He happily gives advice, shares his food and drink, and is very trusting. He has borrowed money from me, and I have borrowed from him. He and his family are very kind, and the children will most likely make friends with you quickly.

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and for 5 dollars a night I can only speak highly of all the ammenities. The staff are warm and always helpful, and there is rarely anything that the staff cannot cater to. When it comes to running a guesthouse, Nini has done it right.

At the time I am writting this (December 2011) the family is building even more rooms. They had a party to celebrate and gladly offered my participation. It was awesome. Either way there should more options available by March of 2012 for those who wish to have a newer room with more ammenities. I have been all over SE Asia and for the price there is no better guesthouse.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank S B
Reviewed 27 October 2011

While exploring the temples of angkor we had an excellent base in form of the Sweet Dreams Guesthouse. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms spacios and clean. The guesthouse has an attached restaurant which serves excellent and reasonbly priced dishes as well as breakfast. They can also organise you all kind of bus/boat tickets as well as knowledgble tuk-tuk drivers which take you around the temples.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

the guy who runs this is about the friendliest person i came across in the whole of south east asia and thats saying something!! they can organise tuk tuk drivers for you to take you to angkor wat and if you book ahead they will pick you up for free.

the rooms are quite basic but its so cheap so you can't really complain. they also have wi-fi and a decent restaurant. its a bit of a walk from the night market and pub street which is about the only complaint i would have!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends