“Helen M "Community oasis away from home"”

and 1 more site!
Sweet Dreams Guesthouse
Reviewed 28 January 2014

In the middle of bustling Siem Reap lies this amazing guesthouse. Mr Nini and his family have created a community guesthouse where everyone is made to feel welcome, relaxed, safe and truly at home. For solo travellers, Mr Nini goes out of his way to make you feel safe. I've nicknamed him Papa Nini! Also, great Khmer home-cooked food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen M

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights wanted to extend our stay in siem reap and was lucky to find this place with rooms available.The rooms and corridors are very clean and the manager is a great guy and always out front to help if you get chance to sit and have a drink and a chat with him you should very relaxed place to stay great value for money

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank simon b
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 weeks in August while teaching at a nearby school and it was the best. Nini and his family were amazing and after a day we felt at home. After traveling for 7 months, this was the one of 2 hotels we left and felt sad. It's a simple place with good ac which is important and breakfast cooked to order and bicycle rentals for $1/day. Nini, thanks again for everything, you made our stay amazing with you guys and we hope we can make it back your way to see you guys again. Don't even look anywhere else to stay if in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, back building which is newer than the front rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for about a month and was treated like family. I had hurt my leg and Mr. Nini made sure I was okay. The food is amazing! It's a little noisy at night but I doubt you will find a place dead quiet in Siem Reap anyway!! Great for people traveling alone as Mr. Nini takes care of you. Gives great advice. And makes things easy :)

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Megan L
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at Sweet Dreams Guesthouse from September to December 2013 whilst volunteer teaching in Siem Reap and am very happy to provide this review!

I found Nini and his family caring and helpful and Nini was an excellent host! I was supported with visa arrangements, tuk tuk travel and treated to some fabulous 'home cooked' food. The atmosphere in the guesthouse is warm and friendly. Nini remembers all his guests' names and checks we are all being well looked after.

My room was spacious and clean with a truly comfortable bed, wifi, hot shower, air con and a fan! It is a quiet area and my sleep was undisturbed by outside noise.
All the staff are so obliging and friendly. If you can, listen out for the beautiful songs sung by one of the young women as she cleans. Magical!

I felt safe and comfortable here and will definitely return again - please get my room ready Nini?

Room Tip: New extension is the place to be for large rooms with ensuite and aircon!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JaneTravels20132013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at Sweet Dreams guesthouse for two nights in December 2013. My cousin who lives in Siem Reap personally recommended the place, especially as she knew the owner- Mr Nini who is a fantastic host.

The rooms are very good value & clean in comparison to the other two hostels I stayed at in Cambodia. The restaurant/front area of the hostel has a chilled, family feel to it. The owners are incredibly trusting with food bills, asking that you log your own bill/orders in the room book. Location is easily walkable into the centre of Siem Reap - it will take you around 10-15mins.

I wish I stayed at this place the entire time I was in Siem Reap

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RSmeeton
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

The staff just made this place. Friendly 24/7 service and made sure you were more than content. A heap of tuk tuks at hand out the front if you need or just a short walk to the pumping pub street area - great for food and drinks. Would definitely return

• Stayed: December 2013