“Perfect”

Alliance Boutique Villa
Epe, The Netherlands
“Perfect”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 10 days in this great small hotel. We occupied both balcony rooms (Blue and Yellow), and although I did not see the ground floor rooms, I would recommend spending the little more for the upstairs ones. We spent quite some happy hours on the balcony.

The rooms are great. Good space, beds comfortable and ample hot water even in Rainy season. Rooms are at the back, so there is no streetnoise, very quiet. If we need to find room for improvement it would be that we missed the fan. We don't like sleeping with the aircon on much, but needed to do so as the heat would be oppressive otherwise.

Service was excellent. The owner was abroad during our stay, which is a good test to assess whether the staff is up to it, and we can only say that they did an excellent job. Even the cooking class (which is usually done by the owner) could be arranged. The non english speaking cook got help from the receptionists and we had a great time preparing a pretty nice lunch for ourselces.

The food in the cafe is top quality. The cafe itself lacks a little atmosphere. The artwork is beautiful but the restaurant is oversized, at least for rainy season. That said, you can eat poolside as well.

The pool is great, and a real bonus for such a small hotel. With so few rooms, the pool was ours only, and after a hot day visiting the temples, it was really nice to cool off in the pool, have a drink in the deck chairs alongside it and just lazy away the day.

The alliance boutique contributed greatly to our stay in Cambodia. Thank you all.

Martin, Rianne and Anouk

When we come back to Siem Reap we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have more natural light and I would recommend these.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

From the minute we arrived til the minute we left our stay was amazing.
6 female friends had the best experience imaginable, Thierry our host treated us so well.
The ambiance,comfort, excellent breakfasts adjusted to our time frames & trips around Siem Reap.
Transport, massages, facials, manicure & pedicures all organized specifically to our requirements.
A well stocked fridge with good wine always accessible & well stocked. The staff were lovely yet discreet.
Local knowledge of restaurants, cafés, art & craft shops, were well received.
One if the best experiences, so much to see & do, rest & play & returning home after each adventure.
Would highly recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2014
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent two weeks here and definitely exceed our expectation. The owner Chan Tha was very kind and hospitable, offering great opinions as well as in helping us planning our two weeks in Siem Reap (including arranging the Tuk Tuk driver who also acted as our personal tour guide!)She even taught me how to make yogurt - she loves homemade dishes! Hence most of the selections in the restaurant were homemade with fresh ingredients! Dishes in their restaurant were authentic and delicious. Staff were also as helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious and clean. Initially we booked a violet without balcony but the owner was kind enough to upgrade us to the blue room with balcony. Five star treatment definitely!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ongca181
Muzard70, Owner at Alliance Boutique Villa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi Ong and Cilia,
I regret that I had not time to say good bye to you, but was nice to see you feedback during stay with us, I hope you can do well yougust for your husband, any ways if some thing problem please do not hesitates back to me, I will like I use to.
All the best,
Saint-Pierre, Reunion Island
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is the kind of hotel I won't forget. I've traveled through many places and been unlucky, OK. I'm cool and I know that anywhere things can happen in many ways. Let's try to make long story short. I've read good review on this hotel and been there for a 4 nights trip. The garden Deluxe rooms have a nice view on a facing wall. Beware of "very slippery alleys" in rain season. I had to change room twice because of their funny water engineering. By the way I was OK to give a hand but the solar network they reefer to seems to be another project. The waiter is on duty to agree with you that water is cold, don't worry, he will check ! If you expect hot water, just play dice or forget. Likely rain is warm ! Don't expect to see any manager, the staff seems to be on their own. Nobody is able to decide, you only see people who are sorry but have no solution. At least on checkout I was lucky to have a Visa card cause they don't take Amex (not what they say on booking.com and the funny thing is that they took my Amex on arrival ! ). Much better hotels around at better price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Deydmafana
Dear,
We regret that you had not great time in our home,
The hot water come by Solar systems and resitance also for suport when less the sun, the same time your staying we had 4 rooms OC but they had hot water normal, any ways, my staff try to change room for you and offer you one dinner for 2 during your stay it was rain, and also cocktail was offer, you said that "if do not have hot water you will not pay the room", but you paid it mean the room have hot water, Please accept my apologize that my staff did there best for you but not enough what you expect.
On June, in Cambodia start to rain season, it' s wet every where, we did nothing for that,
For credit card"Amex" is not only my home but most off can not accept it, I will remain Booking.com about again,
Thank for your feedback let me know what my staff did on there duty and will maintenance as well.
Owner.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is my second visit to Siem Reap. I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 2 boys [aged between 14-16yrs]. We booked a family room for 3 nights. We were greeted by Ms Chan Ta [ the owner] and were given detailed explanations of major tourist attractions in Siem Reap. The hotel is just minutes away [walking] from the Old Market and Pub Street. The staffs are very friendly and helpful.
I'm a Muslim and can only eat Halal food. We managed to find lots of halal restaurants serving Cambodian Menu less than a kilometre from our hotel. These restaurants are located near a mosque [Neak Mah Mosque ] in Siem Reap [coordinates - 13.353063, 103.848601 on Google Maps]. The place is close to the Night Market area.
All in all, I had a great time in Siem Reap and will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the family room in the corner. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank prisoncrow
Muzard70, Owner at Alliance Boutique Villa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Shahlan,
Many thank for your time to write your feedback in Alliance Boutique Villa,
Wish to see you and your family next trip in Siem Reap,

All the best,

Teams of Alliance Boutique Villa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very comfortable rooms (prefer upstairs for a more quiet environment). Great restaurant offering true and delicious Khmer and French cuisine. Lovely pool. Most helpful staff and great service. They will help you organize your visits around wonderful Agkor. What else to say? A very nice place indeed. That where I will stay again in Siem Reap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hasuin038
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Alliance Cafe and Boutique Hotel is a wonderful escape in the midst of the more chaotic areas of Siem Reap. They are within minutes of the old market, night markets and pub street by foot, yet on a quieter street. They have only 6 thoughtfully furnished rooms with a pleasant patio, gorgeous garden shading their small and refreshing salt water pool, good wifi, and quite tasty Khmer food and other European cuisine. The three of us were upgraded from a very nice family room to their two gorgeous balcony rooms suites. All of their spaces are tasteful and elegant. The staff is warm and accommodating ensuring we had picnics packed for early morning outings and that our transportation needs were met. If you seek charm, peace, and relative comfort near the heart of the action, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: The upstairs balcony rooms were lovely and large.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Y1964oung
Muzard70, Owner at Alliance Boutique Villa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Jessica and your friend,
Many thank for your time to feedback to us with all good thing, it 's helpful for who plan to Siem Reap to find us.
I hope you had good trip to Phnom Penh to saw Killing fied and Museum the same day.
All the best and hope to see you next time,

Teams of Alliance Boutique Villa