“Preah Vihear day trip from Siem Reap”
Review of Bayon Guides

Bayon Guides
Ranked #115 of 849 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayon Guides, is an established team of licensed tour guides, highly knowledgeable in the rich cultural history of Cambodia. We are committed to offering the best possible and most cost effective holiday for you and your family/group in Siem Reap and all around Cambodia.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Having read about Preah Vihear on the internet, my girlfriend and I arrived in Siem Reap and found Bayon Guides online. I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to visit the temple and received a very swift response from Sam. The International Courts of Justice were due to make their judgement on the Cambodian/Thai dispute over the area that day. Sam came back to us straight after the judgement to say they could take us there and we set off two days later at the crack of dawn.

Our guide Vitou and driver Mr Khum were fantastic - the three hour journey flew by as we chatted about Cambodia and its history. They took us to the site of Pol Pot's cremation on the way to temple which seemed almost deserted and rarely visited by tourists like us.

Preah Vihear itself is simply stunning and the views from the temple overlooking Cambodia and Thailand are breath taking. It was the highlight of our trip to the country and we would recommend it to anyone. It is not the cheapest thing to do in Cambodia at 110 USD per person but Bayon Guides made it well worth it with their hospitality.

1  Thank CharlieD35
There are newer reviews for Bayon Guides

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have 20 years of experience on the ground in Cambodia, so I could well have simply gone to Preah Vihear on my own. But considering that the surrounding region is still an active military zone, with potential hazards including UXO, I decided that it might be prudent to go with an experienced guide who knows the lay of that particular piece of land. Bayon Guides was a very good choice for the job. Sam customized the tour to take account of my preferences and desires, and handled everything smoothly and professionally. The driver was also very safe and professional. I highly recommend them. It was well worth the price, and their prices are very competitive with other outfits offering similar services.

2  Thank CaptainZoodirt
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Quick tour to Preah Vihear (as well as other tourist attractions on the road, such as Pol Pot's grave, Tamok's house) booked through Bayon Guides. Departed 8 am from our hotel in Siem Reap, returned at around 6 pm the same day.
Everything was well organised, friendly tour guide fluent both in English and in French, safe taxi driver, good picnic, ...
It is possible to organise your trip to Preah Vihear by yourself, but if you want to make it easy or if you're in a rush, Bayon guides can do this for you. And Preah Vihear, although not the most impressive temple compared to the main ones in Angkor area, is very interesting to visit for its ambiance (military zone on the boarder with Thailand, uphill with stunning views of the Cambodian and Thai countryside)... a must do while you are in Cambodia.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I had just finished our tour of Cambodia and we were pleased to have Sambath as our guide in Siem Reap after he was recommended by our daughter who visited last year. He was by far the best guide, whose vast knowledge of Cambodia and its history had by far exceeded our expectations. He has a good sense of humour, but I believe I did get the better of him. If you travel to Cambodia, don't hesitate to contact his company. Highly recommend Sam if you enjoy a beer or two!!!

2  Thank Magpieman4361
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We have been fortunate enough to visit Siem Reap twice this year, the first time as a couple and the second time as a family with three pre-schoolers. Sambath and Vitou created itineraries for both trips that met our needs perfectly, from temples to boat rides to museums to ox-cart rides to floating villages to creating pottery. Sambath responds to emails promptly and nothing is too much hassle. He is also able to arrange onward transport and accommodation if necessary. Vitou is extremely knowledgeable and incredibly friendly. Would highly recommend Bayon Guides and hope to see them again soon.

1  Thank smrr76