“Excellent Cambodia Guide Organisation.”
Review of Bayon Guides

Bayon Guides
Ranked #131 of 889 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayon Guides, is an established team of licensed tour guides, highly knowledgeable in the rich cultural history of Cambodia. We are committed to offering the best possible and most cost effective holiday for you and your family/group in Siem Reap and all around Cambodia.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We contacted Sambath Meas of Bayon Guides prior to our latest trip to Cambodia in March 2014 to organise an itinerary to revisit some of the major temples of the Angkor Wat complex, but to also visit a lot of the minor temples and some more remote locations like Kbal Spean and the West Mebon. We previously had Sambath as a guide in Siem Reap in March 2013 and were keen to engage his services again.

He worked out an itinerary that was more than suitable for us for the days we were in Siem Reap, including a rest day for us to just explore the local area for markets, shopping and restaurants.

The guide that Sambath chose for us, another Sam, was extremely professional, knowledgeable and always had a big smile. Nothing was too much trouble for him. His familiarisation with even the less known temples was impressive. The transport that was arranged for us, both tuk tuk and car, were clean, safe and reliable. The drivers were very safe on the road unlike some others we encountered in other parts of Cambodia.

On the basis of using Bayon Guides twice now, we would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone who is contemplating visiting Cambodia and is seeking the use of a totally professional guide service.

Mark and Sue Thompson

Australia April 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Mark T
"great trip"
"great english"
"angkor area"

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I arranged a day trip to Preah Vihear temple through Bayon Guides. The trip took in the temple and its surrounding areas, as well as short detour to the border town of Anlong Veng to visit Pol Pot's grave. Sitting on a promontory with stunning views, Preah Vihear temple is one of the more unique and beautiful Angkorian attractions. Furthermore, it is relatively undervisited when compared to Angkor Wat. As a result, a visit to the temple makes for a fascinating and rewarding day trip. The best way to visit is to use the services of a company such as Bayon Guides. It removes the stress of having to navigate through rural Cambodia independently, as well as offering you the opportunity to learn more about the temple - and by extension Angkorian - history. My guide, Veasana, was very knowledgeable and I appreciated his explanations of what makes Preah Vihear unique when compared to other temples. Finally, Bayon Guides proved to be flexible - customising the trip to suit my interests - and friendly. In short, a day trip with Bayon Guides is an excellent way to visit Prasat Preah Vihear.

1  Thank wgaturner
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I booked a day tour to Prasat Preah Vihear (with Koh Ker) from Siem Reap City through Bayon Guides last January 11, 2014. We left Siem Reap at 6:30 AM and the route we took passed by Beng Mealea. Since I’ve been to that temple before I decided to skip it and reached Koh Ker temple complex in 2 hours’ time. We visited several “linga” temples and the highlight of Koh Ker side tour is the climb to the Prasat Thom pyramid. Mr. Sam of bayonguides.com was very helpful in discussing the history of the move of the Khmer empire from and back to Angkor area.

Surprisingly, the road leading to the Preah Vihear Provonce is in excellent condition. The long drive gave a nice glimpse of daily life in the Cambodian countryside. My assigned driver is Mr. Khum who has more than ten years’ experience driving along this route and we safely reached Prasat Preah Vihear around 11 AM. All arrangements with the ticket office, as well as the SOP “standard operating procedures” with the temple guards were efficiently handled by Sam. It was a worry-free experience.

The temple complex is spectacularly located on top of a mountain with a nice view of both the Cambodia and Thailand. Uniquely ornamented carvings and embellishments decorate the temple. We finished the tour of the complex in 2 hours and packed lunch which was included in the package was served.

We returned to Siem Reap via a different route and passed by Anlong Veng in Oddar Meanchey Province, an area associated with the Khmer Rouge. We arrived SAFELY in Siem Reap City by 5 PM.

Highly recommended!!!!

1  Thank gioroan2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Having read about Preah Vihear on the internet, my girlfriend and I arrived in Siem Reap and found Bayon Guides online. I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to visit the temple and received a very swift response from Sam. The International Courts of Justice were due to make their judgement on the Cambodian/Thai dispute over the area that day. Sam came back to us straight after the judgement to say they could take us there and we set off two days later at the crack of dawn.

Our guide Vitou and driver Mr Khum were fantastic - the three hour journey flew by as we chatted about Cambodia and its history. They took us to the site of Pol Pot's cremation on the way to temple which seemed almost deserted and rarely visited by tourists like us.

Preah Vihear itself is simply stunning and the views from the temple overlooking Cambodia and Thailand are breath taking. It was the highlight of our trip to the country and we would recommend it to anyone. It is not the cheapest thing to do in Cambodia at 110 USD per person but Bayon Guides made it well worth it with their hospitality.

1  Thank CharlieD35
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have 20 years of experience on the ground in Cambodia, so I could well have simply gone to Preah Vihear on my own. But considering that the surrounding region is still an active military zone, with potential hazards including UXO, I decided that it might be prudent to go with an experienced guide who knows the lay of that particular piece of land. Bayon Guides was a very good choice for the job. Sam customized the tour to take account of my preferences and desires, and handled everything smoothly and professionally. The driver was also very safe and professional. I highly recommend them. It was well worth the price, and their prices are very competitive with other outfits offering similar services.

2  Thank CaptainZoodirt