“unfriendly staff and small portions”

Father's Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 924 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've visited many times over the last 18 months. I can't remember whether they've increased the prices, but the portions definitely became a lot smaller.

the female staff was grouchy and service was slow. disappointing. better restaurants with better service and price elsewhere!

1  Thank CranberryT

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Like many of the reviews, the food here was great and very cheap. My friends and I ate here at least 3 times and each time, we loved it. This was recommended to us by our guide, along with Khmer's Kitchen, but we loved Father's Restaurant because of the quality of the food and the warmness of the staff. We loved the pork ribs, father's fish soup as well as their rolls.. awesome!!

2  Thank YongJoo05
Reviewed 3 September 2013

you konw, after a long time westen or vietnamee food, a bowl of tomato egg soup with sesame oil comfort my stomach...the price is cheaper than the other places in the old market and pub street area...the workers are very friendly!

2  Thank victor w
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My friend and I really liked this restaurant. They have a wide variety of dishes and the owners (a lovely Cambodian family) recommended us a couple of dishes to taste the 'real Cambodia'. We had all sorts of different dishes, it was very tasteful. My friend loved the 'vegetarian spring rolls' in particular. It was also nicely crowded, which I think proves that they serve great food. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

A tour guide from Triple A Adventures suggested Fathers Restaurant and we're glad we followed up and went as we had a nice array of Cambodian dishes and had a chance to meet the owners' daughter and husband! A small restaurant, easy to find with good food for a reasonable cost.