Apsara Dream Hotel
  • Pool
US$220
US$195
US$144
All reviewsrithy rinepub streettuk tukswimming poolnight marketno elevatorconvenience storefirst floorbalcony overlookingbuffet breakfastroom was spacious and cleanpublic areasmini fridgeangkor wathot showerlaundry servicegreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The bed linen was old and freighted, the blanket only covered half the bed, and I should have been happy as it was only $30 a night, but several things the staff could not do, like make a pina colada at dinner time 7 pm as "the bar was closed, and yet there were 3 staff standing behind the bar chatting." one of the clocks had stopped in reception and remained on 8:45 the whole day we were there, I mentioned to receptionist that the clock had stopped but he said no it was working OK, I told him a couple of times, look its still 8;45 same reply that clock working OK. it stayed on the same time for 12 hours?. When I asked if they had a power adaptor to charge my phone and they said no I checked out and booked into another hotel for the remaining 3 nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here for 3 night in February. Location was good, close enough from downtown (walking distance), but the rooms smelled like mold and they were a little dark. The swimming pool is very good, and it's nice to stay in a hotel with one because the weather is very hot in Siem Reap.
In the last day, I asked for a cab to the airport 2 hours prior to the time I wanted to leave the hotel, but the taxi never came. When I asked what happened to the cab, instead of looking for solutions they were more worried to tell me that it was not their fault. They were a little rude. We ended up taking two tuk tuks as the last resort. Aside from that, price is ok and breakfast if acceptable as well (buffet style).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I can only say that you pay what you get. It is an extremely affordable place that it is close enough to the old market but I would not recommend a close friend of mine to stay here. The beds were hard as rock, the bathrooms were not really clean and I know for a fact that they did not change the sheets. Some of the staff members were nice enough but they are not great. The breakfast buffet was good enough for me and my family, nothing fancy. I would suggest spending a few extra bucks for something else.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014

About 15 minutes walk from the central market area but some decent places to eat nearby.
a bit dark inside and could do with updating but a reasonable hotel for the price but there are better places for the same price in the centre of town.
There is a swimming pool but as this only gets the sun around mid day it can be a bit cool.
Friendly and helpful staff but this is Cambodia so you will find this anywhere.
Breakfast buffet and average for this class of hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room as these look into the dining room and are noisier.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff and the room is a decent size for the price. Only problem was being placed on the top floor; it was very loud all night due to their solar water pump, could not sleep! But the staff were very helpful and friendly and changed our room to a lower level as soon as they could. Construction noises around the area too, but overall good value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple