“Excellent real Italian pizza and home-made pasta”
Review of Il Forno Siem Reap

Il Forno Siem Reap
Ranked #60 of 956 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We created Il Forno in 2011 after many years dreaming of opening a traditional Italian Restaurant outside Italy where we would serve authentic Italian food like our grandmothers used to cook. The only addition to our grandmother's kitchen was the building of an original stone brick fire wood oven from where to make pizzas according to the southern italian tradition. We pride to import every single ingredient ( veggie & fruits aside)on our menu directly from Italy and to make all our food home made and fresh daily. Our fantastic team of chefs/cooks start their day very early to prepare our pizza dough that need 10/12 hours before its naturally risen and to prepare home made tagliatelle, tortellini , gnocchi and so on , exactly like we used to in Italy half a century ago.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

One of the best Italian restaurants in town. Excellent pizza and delicious home-made pasta. The service is great and the owners are Italian and they do their best for you to have a memorable dinner. Will come back again.

1  Thank Gianni B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The food is really good, it's a bit difficult to find but I think it's part of its charm! The pizza and pasta are worth getting a little lost to find them! Recommend it

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this place on half full bellies, maybe it was the sign that said wine that enticed us to take a look at the menu. I am from the US, one of my favorite foods is cheese, and this place had a cheese platter as an appetizer on the menu- so I was sold- after a week of Cambodian food quality cheese and a glass if red wine was so calling me. I'll be honest- if been fooled before and my expectations were low- my friend wanted some meat so we ordered the Charcuterie grand platter ( meat and cheese + other stuff). So with just two of us looking for a snack not a meal we ordered the small plate for ten US dollars. OMG! The plate they brought us was the large we thought- must be a mistake- but no, I still wonder how big the large must be. It has pears and honey, real cured meat and real variety of cheeses. Plus cones with fresh bread you can get oil and vinegar with. You know in Cambodia an international restaurant is the real deal when they don't bring you the side condiment tray with salt, ketchup, hot sauce and soy sauce, etc...

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our travel companions found this on trip advisor and our tour guide agreed it was a good place to try. I had their gnocchi with a red sauce and I have to say that these were the BEST gnocchi I have ever had!! They were a perfect texture and consistency and melted in my mouth. Everyone at our table of 10 that tried them agreed that they were awesome! My husband had carbonara which was also fabulous. I had a glass of Proseco which was perfect with the meal. A total surprise to find such a wonderful Italian restaurant in Cambodia! It was a bit hard to find since it's located down a small alley but if you ask the locals they can direct you to it.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My partner and I had a hankering for pizza, I did a quick google search and found Il Forno. It's located down 'The Lane' which is a tiny alleyway just down from the Red Piano.
The restaurant was very busy with patrons, the waitress saw us and seated us straight away. We started with the Bruschetta which was tasty and fresh before having our pizza's. The menu is classic Italian fare with wood fire oven pizza. Honestly it was the best pizza I've ever had. I wish I could pack this restaurant up and take it home to make it my local.