“Miscommunication.”

Ranked #300 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
CEBU
“Miscommunication.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked this hotel based on the price and the pictures posted on the site where I booked my reservation. I also read some reviews which were received very warmly by most of the reviewers. This is very critical since this is my first time in Cambodia.
I made my reservation 3 months in advance. A week prior to my arrival I told them of my flight details and they replied that yes they will pick us up. But when we arrived no one met us at the airport & we had no way of calling them. After wasting an hour of waiting we decided to get a cab and paid 7usd. The front desk apologized for the inconvenience but they seem to have no clue of our arrival. The hotel was dark, quite, as if we are the only guests there. But they greeted us will courtesy, served welcome drinks and cold towel which brought some relief. Don’t expect a grand lobby coz none exist. I like the room because its very spacious, clean, furnished with wood. Bathroom is clean, bed is awesome and pillows are just right. To our dismay wifi hardly works in our room.
The next day, I expected a buffet breakfast but the dining area were empty so they have a plated breakfast with baskets of bread. I love the Asian breakfast with fried rice. I’ve tried the American breakfast too and they even switched my potato with fried rice. No one mentioned or update me with the airport shuttle mishap last night so I just let it pass. We went to the Angkor Wat that day which should not be missed.
The next day we decided to borrow their bike since it’s on the reservation that we can borrow them for free. Enroute to Ton Le Sap lake one of the bike broke down coz it had issues with the tire. Luckily one of the Cambodian residents offered to call the hotel since we demanded that they picked us up from where we are but they called us back telling us to hire a tuk-tuk & they will cover the charge. When we arrived at the hotel we were very tired. No apologies given, no explaination whatsoever so we rested instead. Have they checked their bikes and maintained them well we could have not wasted that day.
Since check out is fast approaching I asked if it’s possible to check out late. They said we will be billed for 37usd but since they owe us 7usd for the failed airport pick up they said I will be billed 30usd which I decline. I asked if I can check out at 1pm with no extra charged and the front desk agent agreed which is always a standard in all other hotels especially if they are not fully booked. I was surprised that they refused to give me my 7usd since I checked out late. I did not argued since communication barrier is an issue here.
Overall I was not happy with the hotel. I agree that the price of their menu is expensive if not outrageous. The pool looks very enticing but my eyes can’t seem to stand the heavy chlorination. Wifi issue must be addressed and if this is a big issue for you then don’t stay here. Location of the hotel is close to the airport-not close to Angkor wat which was my first impression and some drivers can’t seem to locate this place. I recommend that you stay near the night market or angkor to save your time and money.

Room Tip: Dollar is the main currency here. Bring more since other currencies are mostly undervalued. Take th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LOVEME2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a really sweet hotel that's a little out of the action, but otherwise splendid.
We booked the family suite, in reality connecting rooms, at a very good rate on Hotels.com.
The rooms were lovely and very clean, but a little dark and hot water took a minute or three to kick in.
Breakfasts were solid - a basket of hot pastries arrives as soon as you sit down - but the rest of the menu was limited. We ordered from the bar menu and food was driven in from a sister hotel. The food was fine, but very pricey by Siem Reap standards - more than $US50 for a modest lunch.
The hotel is about a 10 minute, $US3, tuk tuk ride from Pub Street. The hotel has a free shuttle at 6PM, but tuk tuks are always around. Few drivers know the hotel, so get ready to explain it's location.
The pool is just big enough, but pack your goggles to cope with its strong chlorine.
Overall it's hard to fault this hotel, but those looking for a little more polish have alternatives in Siem Reap.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ssharwood
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked this hotel 6 months before our trip and the communication between me and the sales executive Ms. Sophana was a delight! She had been such a great help and responded to my queries very fast. Unlike some hotels, the response was not quick but Ms Sophana responded very quickly and daily. She even assisted us to create a list of tours in Siem Reap. Upon reaching we were greeted with drinks and a cold tower. The hotel is very nice and comfortable but the gym can be improved. Location wise, it is quite a distance to the City and the night markets but Tuk Tuk and shuttle services are available and the staffs were very fast in arranging the Tuk Tuk for us to and from the City and back to our hotel. Although some of the staffs are not that well versed in the English language but i must say that they really tried to understand us. I would visit this hotel again because of the superb and warm services by the staffs.

Room Tip: Tip them if able to! USD $1 to $5 is a BIG deal for them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hang J
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the friendly and helpful staff and given a welcoming drink and a nice cold refreshing towel, nice touch. We had booked a family room which was very spacious consisting of two double beds, the hotel grounds were well kept and the pool was very nice indeed unfortunatly we did not get around to trying it as we only had three nights at the hotel and the main purpose of our visit to Siem Reap was to see the Angkor Wat temples. Breakfast was very nice and served in an open dining area which was very pleasent and had a good selection of food choice.
Just a couple of small gripes there did not appear to be many other guests so it all seemed very quite and lacking some warmth, and next door to the hotel was a timber yard and we could hear the noise of machinery and sawing which could have been a problem if you were relaxing or lounging by the pool, one other thing the hotel is quite some distance from the main town of Siem Reap about 15mins in a taxi, which was a bit of a pain but still it was a very pleasent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have just spent the last three days at this hotel hoping for a lovely relaxing hotel after a busy two weeks of travelling with my 2 boys 11/13. I paid a ransom to stay in the "royal suite" which consisted of two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a sitting room. I was woken during the first night by a knock at 0030 on one of my bedroom balcony doors, I didn't answer as I felt unsafe being on my Own ~ so left it. I soon realised that one of these balcony doors doesn't lock at all and is continually insecure ! The neighbours wolves continually barked when people walked around the back of our secluded garden during the night ( my unwanted visitor) or security ?. This set the scene for not being relaxed, or feeling safe throughout. Both boys complained the large bathroom made them think people were outside as they heard voices on several occasions at night when they were using the toilet ~ the pinnacle of this was when I caught the restaurant manager spying on me ~ face stuck to bathroom frosted glass from an alleyway in between the restaurant and our villa ! Having challenged him ~ the hotel now claim he will be dismissed ??? Beware ~ this is not a place I would ever return to ever !!! an awful incident to occur at the end of our holiday :( In addition there is no atmosphere, hardly any customers, my sitting room had no air con, Internet was slow~ price expensive with no breakfast buffet or anyone in the restaurant in the even
Ning ~ lights off, no one there . Extremely disappointing !!!!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank helen28672
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We had a great time in this hotel. The service is superb and the staff are very warm and accommodating. I must commend Ms. Sophana,their Sales Excecutive, for doing a great job in arranging our accommodation and tour. The food is great. We had a candle light dinner at the pool side and I must say it was a great experience :) The massage they offer is also good. The place is very tranquil and relaxing. The rooms are very clean and relatively huge. I like it better than the typical big hotels in Siem Reap. Wifi is intermittent though. We checked out at 12:00 noon and our flight was night time. They were kind enough to offer us to use one room to take a shower before leaving for our flight back home.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
West Lafayette IN
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is a nice property with an old-fashioned look to it which seemed typical of hotels in Siem Reap. I would stay here again, but compared to the hotels where we stayed in Thailand and Vietnam, there are ways in which this hotel could improve. The room itself is air-conditioned, but the rest of the hotel (hallways, reception, breakfast room/restaurant, bar, fitness center, and massage area) is all open-air and not air conditioned. For me, this meant that after a hot day at the temple complex, I wasn't tempted to have a cold drink in the bar or eat dinner in the restaurant. Our room and bathroom were both very large and comfortable. The air conditioning was good and we got a wifi signal in our room (though the slowest of the 5 hotels on our trip). When we were there Siem Reap had a huge power outage and this hotel has a generator so we were happy to have power and air conditioning. The breakfast had a lot of selection, but the food was only ok, however, I did order a traditional curry from room service which was very good ($14 with beer from mini bar at $3).

The staff were all very nice, but there are small things in their service that seem to reflect the fact that Siem Reap is new to the international tourism scene. For example, on check out, the person at the front desk didn't seem to know what she was doing and the credit card machine wasn't working and no one offered to help with our bags.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple