“Better then I imagined.”

Angkor Wat Tour Guides
Ranked #87 of 831 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey through Angkor Wat and its spectacular monuments with officially certified tour guides from Angkor Tour Guide , we offers professional guides to help you navigate through enchanting Angkor Wat and its many spectacular temples! Our goal is to create a special, memorable journey packed with incredible sightseeing and exploration in beautiful Angkor Wat and another interesting site around Cambodia.
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Better then I imagined.”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My girlfriend and I travelled to Siem Reap and Mara Long from Angkor Wat Tour Guides was our guide.

We truly could not have hoped for a more lovely trip. Mara facilitated all our random "I want to try" ideas, including taking us to a night market and helping us find the best street food (Snake and tarantula are fine! try them!), shopping for and cooking a meal in a home, visiting a house party, and even took us to the the best barber in town!

From airport arrival to airport departure (6 days total) Mara and his driver treated us like royalty and like friends, from opening the car door to taking all the photos we asked, to laughing at my silly jokes. They created a schedule where we got to see so much and kept it at a pace where we did not get bored or overwhelmed. He even changed it up as he got to know us, we prefer hikes to car rides, so he took us off road on foot through the jungle to get from site to site when possible!

Mara gave an introduction to every location we went, then stayed within earshot as we explored the ruins, answering any questions we had and showing us routes to take to see interesting things.

One of the many highlights was a special request, we wanted to volunteer with children so Mara arranged a whole day where we got to teach English to children. He got us to the school early enough where we were able to give gifts to the children and play with them outside (hula hoops and soccer balls go a long way!) There was a teacher there who had a lesson plan in place, we simply augmented.

By default Mara would drop us at the hotel each night, but often we would ask him to drop us somewhere else in town (go dancing at 1 AM in Pub Street! Super fun!) and he was happy to oblige. The hotel was fine and met all the needs just fine, limited (very slow) WiFi access, pool, GREAT breakfast buffet, and a measly fitness center, fine clean beds, nice view, good temperature controls.

We went during the peak tourist season so Mara designed our itinerary where we took the opposite routes of the mass crowds, so we were never crowded. Only one time did we get overwhelmed, that was at a buffet style restaurant for dinner and a show, we actually left after only getting one plate each because we were impatient and the lines at the buffet were literally over 20 min long (Not Maras fault, just tell him if your not interested in the buffet dinner and a show place).

Unless you have a spending problem you can literally spend 10$ a day (drinks, snacks, tuk tuk rides) and be just fine. $2 more per message :)

I did not experience a problem with my gut, all food and drink digested just fine, though I did not directly have tap water I had ice in my shakes and drinks. Walking around Siem Reap expect to be offered Tuk Tuk rides, messages, or items for sale once every 10 feet, but the offers are not annoying and respect a simple "no thank you" (but who turns down a $2 half hour message anyway!). Bring US currency, ATMs charge $5 per use, try not to have 100$ bills, i got them turned away a few times. The hotels accept standard Asian style and US (2-prong only) electric plugs, UK style plugs will need an adapter.

ENJOY YOUR GREAT TRIP!!

Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go professional!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We hired a guide called Hang Borey. He's a bloke who worked for a while with archaeologists in the area and is really well read as well. He took us to 11 temples in two days -- long days -- starting with the pre-Angkorean and ending up at Ta Prom. We learned an enormous amount in a very short time. He also knows when particular temples get crowded and scaled his visits accordingly, He has his own 4WD and email (borey.guide@gmail.com), Cost $US80/day and I can't recommend him too highly.
Peter W

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Peter W
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I hired Mara for a 3 day tour of Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples.

A little about our travel style- we're very laid back, enjoy eating local food, and like to see both major attractions and those that are off-the-beaten-path. Normally, we like to avoid large tour groups and do everything ourselves, but we felt Angkor Wat was very overwhelming and required a lot of time to research. We booked this trip only one month prior, and as we are both working professionals, neither of us had the time to do the extensive research that we would normally do. Another factor was that Cambodia isn't a first world country and there isn't a good public transportation system. We were not in the mood to travel via tuk tuk, either. For the price that Mara quoted, we thought it was very reasonable and worth giving a shot. And we're glad we did!

Mara was very flexible and produced an itinerary that incorporated all of the above. For each day, we felt that we saw a lot but at a very relaxing pace. As we visited during peak season, the crowds were unavoidable, but he definitely knew how to navigate around them. We found Mara very informative, and he was able to answer all of our questions about Cambodian history, Buddhism, and Hinduism.

He also knew all the best photo spots, and the short cuts to get there. He is very good in taking pictures on an iPhone, so we're very happy to have many quality photos with the both of us in them!

We also liked how he gave us some space every now and then. If there was an area in a temple that we wanted to reflect, or spend more time in, he gladly kept some distance as we took pictures, or a rest from all the walking.

Transportation was also very smooth. After we were done touring a temple, it only took a few minutes for our driver to meet us at the exit and whisk us away to the next temple.

I've had experiences in the past where a tour guide would take us to places to eat where the food was horrible and not authentic, and it was clear that the only reason they took us there was because they got some sort of kickback from the restaurant owners. Luckily, we didn't have that problem here. We asked Mara to take us to places that served authentic, local Cambodian food, and he delivered! We had the best noodle dishes and rice dishes, all for under $5 USD!

To top it all off, he even picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. Overall, we are really happy with how our trip turned out, and Mara's services cut down on a lot of the stress that we could've experienced if we tried to plan it ourselves. We truly enjoyed our time with Mara, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to our friends and family.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michelle M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Phenomenal.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am 19 years old, and I traveled to Siem Reap alone. From the moment I got to the airport, Angkor Wat Tour Guides took fantastic care of me. We completely customized my itinerary and made it possible to do a combination of taking tuktuks through villages to the main Angkor Wat temples and a nice van up the mountain to see sights like Phnom Kulen, etc. I highly recommend that no matter how much time you have in Siem Reap, you should opt for at least some options that show you true life away from the hotel strip. I had the amazing spontaneous chance to teach an English class while we were on our way home from visiting a floating fishing village, and the experience was the highlight of my entire trip. From cold water bottles at the ready to being able to stop at markets and enjoy the sights without being rushed, every detail is paid attention to! Those little touches are what make Angkor Wat Tour Guides' staff so great at immersing their visitors into a memorable experience!

Visited November 2013

Mannheim, Germany
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Awesome Team of Angkor Wat Guide”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had three days tour booking with Angkor Wat Tour Guide in Siem Reap We had Socheat ly as our guide and Mr. Marith as driver, we were enjoying visite Angkor Wat and the main temples in Angkor park. Socheat was a very great guide, very friendly and trustable person! We highly recommend him for being able to make our stay a memorable one.

Visited October 2013