“Worst restaurant ever!!! To avoid” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #269 of 844 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Cambodian, Fusion
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Khmer Idea Restaurant is conveniently located on the center of Pub Street. We serve many local Cambodians foods, as well as Chinese and Western foods. We have an open air restaurant with comfortable cushioned seating on the main floor. We also have a newly remodeled 2nd floor over with balcony seating great for viewing Pub Street. Our wine selection includes wines from three continents. Our beer selection includes many domestic and imported beers. We look forward to serving you while you visit Angkor Wat and Siem Reap.
Singapore, Singapore
“Worst restaurant ever!!! To avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I am just coming from this " restaurant" and my experience there has been so awful I need to warn others to avoid facing that kind of experiences. We ordered a "discovery BBQ" meal for two and the kind of "hotpot" with soup inside was very sliding, clearly defective. It almost felt once and we warn the waiter. The second times, it felt completely on me and burned me. My husband went in the nearest pharmacy to buy a cream to soothe the burn and in the meantime, I did not get any apology from the staff, they just cleaned and told me we should have been more carefull. I have been living in Asia for a while now and it wasn't my first experience with hotspot. When my husband came back, we asked for the bill and they asked us to pay the food that we barely touched. In addition, they even did not offer to refund us the price of the cream my husband bought at 7.50 dollars. We told them we were willing to pay the drinks but not the food as we barely ate. The waiter wanted to start negotiating and asked us to pay half-price of the food. My husband did not want to and we left the bar without paying anything as the drinks worthed 3 USD, less than we spent for my cream. The staff there is really not client minded. Furthermore, their English sucks litterlly. There are plenty of other restaurant in pub street. Don't waist your time in this one.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
South Australia, Australia
“Good cocktails and reasonable food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Khmer Idea Restaurant is in Pub Street and they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also order picnic boxes for that big day out.

We visited here quite a few times and their meals are fresh, tasty and cheap. There is also an extensive cocktail menu and all cocktails are $4 each but buy one get one free, Angkor draft was 35 cents a pint and I have to say they make the best White Russians I have had in Cambodia.

Good spot for a rest and people watching.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cathy&Gary
Cadillac, Michigan
“Great afternoon spot to watch people while having lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stopped by one hot afternoon honestly just to get out of the heat. It turned out to be a lucky break. The staff was great with reasonable english skills; the food was very good with a highly varied menu. The Khmer dishes were great with the proper level of spice (I recommend the Tom Yum Soup). Best of all the beer was the coldest I have found in Siem Reap. It is located on Pub Street so the street traffic provides entertainment if you enjoy people watching. The prices are very reasonable. Only downside is that they do not take credit cards.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Ok but many other better places.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

In a town of many eating spots this is very average. Food is ok. Toilets ok. Atmosphere ok. Ate at many better spots. Came here as the power was out and it was the only place with a generator.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Some of the best food we had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Surprised to see other reviews slating this place! I had a pizza here, it was some of the best pizza I think ive ever had. For once, everyone in our party was really happy! We sat upstairs, there was street music, great atmosphere. It was pretty empty upstairs and we practically had our own waiter, service was extremely efficient and friendly. I would really recommend this place, as I say, we were all very pleased with the delicious food and overall experience.