“Looking forward to staying here again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Aroma Daily Guesthouse
Ranked #356 of 496 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Summerfield, Oklahoma USA
“Looking forward to staying here again!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Aroma Daily was a pleasant surprise! It's tucked away, from all the hustle and bustle, in a quiet area. It's only a short walk to pub street and other conveniences! Above all, the staff were all very friendly and attentive. The guesthouse tuk-tuk drivers are amazing! They took us all around the city and temples every day we were there. We were very pleased with the great customer service! The owner also speaks English very well. The complimentary breakfast is also very good and a great value. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an affordable, clean and quiet guesthouse that is close to major conveniences.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Durham
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I arrived late one evening after long bus rides from the south of Cambodia. A tuk-tuk driver brought me to Aroma Daily after the one Lonely Planet recommended was over-booked and turned me away. At Aroma Daily, a small group of people I took for guests called out a "Hello!" to me when I walked in the front door. Later I learned that it was a mix of employees and guests, hanging out together out front. That brief moment set the tone for my stay: everyone was friendly and helpful. I found myself hanging out with the Aroma boys as well, since they were outgoing, welcoming and not pushy at all in any way. They offered me a tuk-tuk for seeing the ruins, but didn't bother me about it. One of them went to dinner with me and another guest twice, to show us the best local food and places. When I wanted a bike, they got me a good price and set everything up for me. They invited me out into town one night, and gave me advice whenever I asked.

As a solo female traveler, I felt comfortable and safe and welcome at Aroma Daily. I could be alone when I wanted, but if I felt like chatting and learning Khmer and being surrounded by people, there was always someone there happy to oblige.

My room was a double with a fan and hot-water shower and bathroom to myself. Since I was staying for a week, I bargained a good price. Food and drink was available in the guesthouse. Wi-fi was free. The location was also nice, being close to "downtown" Siem Reap (few minutes walk) but in an alley that was quiet, too.

Go visit the Aroma Daily guesthouse and when you do, be sure to chat with guys and take them up on their offers: good hearted, friendly, chill and very convenient to town. You'll be glad you did!

--Z

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

This place was recommended by our tour guide and we thought: let's give it a shot. We ended up staying two more nights. During our first night the power was shut down in the entire area. We woke up early and decided to go and see Angkor Wat that day instead the day after. Even though you should make an appointment with a tour guide a day before, the owner of our guesthouse fixed one for us. The hotel is very tidy (you see staff cleaning all day) and quiet. The staff is really friendly; whatever you want, it's never to much to make sure you get it to make your stay even more relaxing. Once your ready for some coziness or a party; the city center is very close! You can find nice shops, bars and restaurants over there.

Like my tour guide I can really recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Nice Hostel really close from Old Market and Pub Street. It permits you to get gifts or going to worldwide restaurants/Bars or locals places such as traditional khmer restaurants in 5-10min by feet.
Services provided by the hostel are numerous with good prices to go to the Temples, they can talk english quite well and provide you useful advices for your trip in Siem Reap.
The Staff is always friendly and aware with your questions anytime in the day or in the night.
Keep smiling and enjoy your trip at Aroma Daily Guest House and Siem Reap.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Cheap and cheerful! Absolute pleasure - wonderful staff that couldn't be more helpful. Lovely budget hostel close to all Siem Reap has to offer. No hassle and genuine helpfulness by both Hostel staff and Tom and Tu our tut tut drivers. Unbelievable hospitality for only $4 dollar a night...including basic free brekkie!

Room Tip: No A/C unless specified at an extra chaqrge
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I stood there the first night with another traveller. We were meant to go to another guest house but the tuk-tuk driver told us it was too far (indeed, 20min walk from the city). Tired of the trip we just made from Bangkok, we decided to let him show us the place. It's situated in a dusty street and with more local people (local restaurants, shops, other guest houses though...), which feels nice knowing that we are 5 minutes walk from the very tourist area, but the guest house is very nice and clean. Very new and modern. And even if at first I thought the staff was cold, they ended up being very charming and nice people They even gave me the same double room at reasonable price the 2 nights that follow my companion's departure.
By the way, ask for Oun Nga to drive you to Angkor Wat, he is helpful and nice Tuk-tuk driver!
And a last thing, if you need your hair to be cut by charming Cambodian girls, in the same street, there is a hairdresser with inside red. They do exactly what you ask for for very cheap!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo