“Good at the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #180 of 500 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Melaka, Malaysia
“Good at the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The service of guesthouse is good. The GH provide free pick up service at the bus terminal on my arrival. The staff are helpful and friendly. There is also daily room service to tidy up the room.

They provide simple and good breakfast. If you are going to Angkor Wat for sunrise, you can ask them to pack the breakfast for you to eat onsite.

As I have no time go to the post office to send my postcard, they offer to send it for me at KHR3500/pcs. However I noticed that the stem for postcard is only KHR3000/pcs. I'm ok with some extra charges as they help me to send, but as the quantity of postcard that I send is quite alot, i feel it a bit overpriced when total up the amount.

For the room, the price is good for that size of room, it's big. However I think there is some space for improvement of their cleanness. I could found hair on the bed sheet. When I pull over the curtain, there's a lizard inside the curtain. Toilet also not that clean as I expected.

The aircond of the room is quite old, it takes long time to cool down the room. Hence, I need to switch it ON even I'm not in the room. This is kinda wasting of electricity.

Location is ok for me. The distance from pub street is further than I expected. It's like around 10mins walking distance, but it's acceptable.

Additional: the corridor of the guesthouse is kinda dark at night, should have put on more lights.

Room Tip: Must inform and reconfirm with the staff if you need to pack your breakfast for sunrise session. I w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Upon arrival we had paid for a fan only room thinking this would be adequate, however we were very wrong, the windows didn't fit the frame meaning the hot humid air outside was easily coming inside. We went down as sleeping was unbearable to ask for the control for the air con machine as the room was equipped with one. We had to pay $12 more for the control!!!!! Not the customer service you expect. The bathroom was terrible, the floors were extremely slippy and the water from the tap and shower stunk very metallic and rusty. In addition the wall advertised a rooftop bar/terrace, however when we asked about it, we were told it was no longer there, I think he mentioned it was under new management. Finally the bed became very hard to sleep on as we became very itchy, bed bugs!

On a positive note, the location was good, not very central but easy to get around. The service was adequate and friendly, very nice breakfast & easy booking coach for onward travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Malacca City, Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

it was rm35 per night and hey for that price, we were expecting a horrible place. The bathroom was the only let down, they should paint it or give it a good scrub or just revamp it. The rooms however were nice and big and the bed IS HUGE! more than two people can stay in one room. each person had one double bed, TALK ABOUT SPACE! the aircond was alright, but could have been better. It take a couple of hours to get cold. We stayed on the second highest floor, and while the climb is a little steep, it is nevertheless nothing too strenuous or hard. The sunrise from the upper floors makes or a good view. The wifi is good, and you have to subscribe to your wifi according to which floor you are in. There is no fridge or tv but then again we werent bothered by it since we only used the room for sleeping at night at having our showers. You will be out most of the time. The location is great with a 15 minutes or less walk to town where all the eating places and nightlife is. Shopping is also good there, however I would suggest you shop at the places near the temples (especially the inner gallery of angkor temples). this is because the vendors there are more willing to bring down prices when we bargained since all of them sold the same thing and they are all desperate to get their merchants sold. The breakfast at this hotel is good too, mean it isnt a buffet spread or anything, but remember for the price you pay it is good! the fruits served for breakfast are amazingly fresh and succulent. Also, if you decided to catch the sunrise at angkor watt like we did, you can ask the staff to pack your breakfast up in a polystyrene packet which you can carry with you and have during your stakeout at the temple, waiting for the sun's rays to shine through and award you with a majestic and breathtaking sight. All in all, this place was great considering its price. The staff are nice and always greet you with a smile.

Room Tip: try and get the lower floors if you do not want to find yourself climbing the stairs morning and nig...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week and found the staff very helpful and welcoming.
The guesthouse want quite what was pictured on the website but then they never are!
Great location in a quiet area of the city and only 10 mins walk to the pub street and the market.
Had a problem one day with water coming thru the window frame in heavy rain but were quickly offered to change rooms should we like to.
Overall a nice place with breakfast included of eggs, toast, coffee, tea and fresh fruit.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

This hostel was a bit of a let down as I had hoped for a nicer room. The photos looked better. Whilst it was very cheap, we have stayed in hostels for the same price that were far cleaner, welcoming and with more facilities.

No fridge, very small tv and the beds were quite uncomfy. I left with a sore back. Having said this, we had no major issues and the hostel was fine for a 2 night stay.

Breakfast was fine - toast, fruit, tea and coffee.

The lady on reception spoke very good English, which was helpful. However, when we asked for a price for a taxi to the border, she quoted us $35, which was $10 more than we ended up paying.

We had a problem with water coming through our window during heavy rain and they changed our room quickly and without hassle.

Location was good, with pub street just 10 minutes walk away.

Overall, this place is okay. I'm not sure how it compares to other accomodation in Cambodia as this was the only place we stayed. So, maybe this is good for siem reap. I can't comment.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Third year of staying here, the owners keep my favourite room for me. Clean rooms, hot water shower, fan and aircon, cable tv, Internet in your room, awesome free breakfast, try Sokhens homemade jam, laor nah!! Just the friendliest team in town, I love it here and will always stay here when in Siem Reap. It's good because the owners love what they do, bless em !!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Downtownbrownok
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I arrived without a booking. I was staying in a nearby guesthouse and looked for a better alternative - in Oral D'Angkor I foung the perfect budget place to stay.
I paid 8USD for a double room with single occupancy including breakfast. The family that runs the guesthouse is super friendly and helpful.

Room:
Spacious, with two windows and a shared balcony. Room was twin bedded (1.40m each bed), had a Fan and AC (additional fee though) a small TV and own bathroom with hot water.
Bathroom was the typical Cambodian "wet bathroom", with the shower somewhere in the middle.
Room itself was very clean, and was serviced daily, giving fresh towels each day and two bottles of water.
Windows had bars in front of them and mosquito nets.
The towels and bed linen were clean and smelled fresh, but had a few stains.

Breakfast - buffet style
3-4 types of fresh fruit each morning
Toast & a toaster & different jams
Tea and coffee with fresh milk
Hot food (eggs) are prepares fresh from the kitchen
For this price category the breakfast was grand!

Location
About 10 minutes walking from Pub street and the old market, only 3 minutes to some very delicious local restaurants.
Small shop and some more local restaurants are right next to the hotel.

I can fully recommend this place to any budget traveler. Its not a five star hotel, but for this price its extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 211 and 311 have two windows The rooms on the ground floor (starting with 1..) are not as nice...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo