“one of the best”
Review of Hostel Siem Reap

Hostel Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I've travelled all over the world and stayed in a lot of backpackers but this is one of the best. I treated myself to a room of my own (which was excellent value - I've paid more for dorm rooms elsewhere). From the moment I arrived I felt very at home. The bus was over an hour late arriving in Siem Reap but the hostel tuk tuk was still waiting for me (thanks Happy George - you are a star). I stayed for 5 days and had a great time. The staff are excellent - nothing was too much trouble and they arranged tuk tuk hire and also transport to the airport. The hostel is in a great location with easy access to central Siem Reap. The hostel was very clean and the food good. The communal area is great for chilling out and meeting other travellers. I cant recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Its worth the extra for a room on your own if you can afford it as its in suite with a balcony (alth...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We went for two days and our experience was perfect! The dorms are super clean and confortable. The staff is very helpfull and kind. The common place to eat or drink something is nice. The food is very good at reasonable prices.
The only problem we had was with a rickshaw that wasn't from the hostel. We arranged a price fro two days to Ankor, and then he wanted the double.
To the airport we took a rickshaw from the hostel and we paid in the hostel, and everything was ok.
Has a very good location: you cross the street and enter in the market, then cross the bridge and you are in the restaurant street.

Room Tip: Try not to have the bed next to the aircon or you will freeze!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If your looking for a safe hostel, chill atmostphere and comfy beds you have your place. Great value for money and if you are travelling solo you will feel safe........................................

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for a few nights while we were visiting Siem Reap. The staff were so friendly and welcoming of everybody! Happy George is a legend :) The rooms are clean and comfortable also. The hostel also have in house tuk tuk drivers that organise trips to Angkor Wat temples for the customers. I really enjoyed my stay in HI and would recommend it to anyone visiting Siem Reap!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was staying at two of the other most popular hostels in Siem Reap before I settled for this one. Just as my stay in HI Sukhumvit, Bangkok, I was very satisfied. Importantly, the dorm rooms are ample, clean and cheap - I couldn't ask for better. Aside from youth hostels, you meet a wide range of other travellers - all very friendly. The staff are also nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had a bad experience with dirty old guesthouse in Siem Reap before moving here, so being here felt like a godsend. I spent my last night in SR here, but I was already hangout around here meeting people before I moved in. I even signed up for the Angkor Wat group tour here so I can split the cost and meet people.

Pros:
* wifi throughout, in my room, in my bed!
* hot showers 24/7
* clean! clean rooms, clean bathroom (as clean as it gets with boys using it), clean new sheets!!!!
* big comfy bed! (there were smaller beds, but I was lucky and got a big bottom bunk!)
* no ants or mosquitoes even thought Siem Reap is know for it.
* great place to meet other solo travelers to take tours with or just hang out, get food, go to bars
* 24 security was seriously 24 hrs, I came back at 3am and the guy was up and walking around, light on, very alert unlike other places
* bathroom was spacious that was ensuite
* staff so so helpful (I had trouble with a travel agency that threaten to not give me back my passport after I paid them to get a China visa for me, when I told the staff my situation, they understood me completely and told me exactly how to go about it - first try to talk to the agency again nicely to get it back, then if it doesn't work go to the tourist police, and they will send me with the hostel's tuk tuk; got my passport back, but I don't think I would be as brave and ready if I didn't have the staff prep and help me with this crazy situation. I own them big time!)
* our tour to Angkor Wat with Happy George was so great for the sunrise
* Happy George is the best/nicest/funny tuk tuk driver i've encounter in SEA
* I didn't eat the food but people tell me it's very good, prices seem reasonable
* convenient stores within close proximity
* restaurants within walking distance
* location is good, less than 5 mins walk from Old Market and maybe 7 mins from Pub Street if you take your time.
* help me order a lux bus to Phnom Penh

Cons:
* not much I can think of...
* oh, would be nice if there were big lockers inside the rooms, only lockers were outside by the reception and they were pretty small

Overall, I liked this hostel a lot. I highly recommend for solo travelers and social travelers. I went dancing and bar-ing with people here at Pub Street and around, it was great. Very happy with staff and everything.

Room Tip: try to get a lower bunk and the bigger bed. There are size differences.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank skippin_along
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Staff were great and service was always fast even to our room, which was very nice.

We booked a tuktuk day tour of Angkor Wat through HI and had a good day - the driver was quiet but friendly and we got to see a lot despite bad weather! Cycling there for sunrise would have been ok but extra early as the hostel is quite far from there. Good distance to pub street, market etc so location was good within Siem reap.

• Stayed: June 2013