“Beautiful Gallery”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Beautiful Gallery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our tuktuk driver didn’t know where it is so you might need to find the directions in advance and guide your driver.
The gallery and shop are housed in a traditional house with a beautiful garden. You will see paintings by Theam and some other unique pieces.
The salesperson was friendly and not pushy at all. The colourful elephants are really lovely. Stop by to take a look if you can.

Visited December 2013

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“UpScale Lacquerware Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very nice home turned into art gallery/lacquerware workshop. Had some of the most unique pieces of artwork. A wide range of prices from low to high. Very nice sales people. No pressure to buy anything at all, but you can't leave without something

Visited December 2013
Lodz Province, Poland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely pieces of unique artworks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Theam is the name of the artist and his work are created in limited quantities. I originally went to Theam's House for his more famous brightly colored elephants, but left there with a lovely bronze buddha statue. Prices range from low-end to high. If you're looking for something authentic and not your run-of-the-mill night market souvenirs give this place a try. This place is a little ways away from the city center but not too far. However, if taking a tuktuk and the driver doesn't know the way make sure you have their number and have the driver give them a call for directions before negotiating a price for the trip. Once our tuktuk driver took us here and dropped us back off, they wanted an extra two dollars (not good practice, but when they saw we bought an item from this store, they knew we had money).

Also, ensure you take cash with you. I'm glad I had some cash on me, as I didn't have too much time in Siem Reap and only was able to visit this place once. When I went there, they had a power outage the day before and their credit/debit card machine was not working. I saw other tourists who were there leaving empty handed as they didn't have cash on them. (They don't have an ATM either.) They also didn't know when their card machine would be working again. However, I definitely enjoyed my visit and I love my bronze buddha. If you appreciate art, this place is worth a visit!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very interesting Art Shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My guy saw this documentary about the artist and owner of the shop and how he does very interesting things with various mediums of art. The items in the shop are very contemporary with a mix of the heritage and traditional icons for sculptures. Its definitely worth a visit. The shop is well know for its coloured elephants that are super popular. Prices range for 29usd-200+usd.

2 Thank melo_roa
Canberra, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Something a bit different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

If you're looking for something to take home to remind you of your trip to Cambodia, I recommend going to Theam's House for something just a little bit different. Through a lovely garden built by Theam, you'll enter a gallery with pieces designed by Theam and either completed by him (paintings) or by local people he has trained. Brightly coloured elephants and geckos catch your eye, as will original paintings and statues of Buddha.
Theam is committed to supporting the local community and hires and trains local artists, so you'll know your purchase is also contributing to the local people. Take a tuk-tuk to get there as it's tucked away in a quieter part of Siem Reap. I love my bright green elephant :-)