“Quiet, lush tropical oasis in Siem Reap”

Ranked #42 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Quiet, lush tropical oasis in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My stay at the Petit Villa was from April 4 to April 7, 2012.

I arrived into Siem Reap early, which brought me to the Petit Villa at about 9a, well before check in. As my cabin was not yet ready, I was led to a spa room where I was able to shower and get into fresh clothes. After finishing up, I was greeted with a freshly made mango smoothie that I enjoyed on one of the plush poolside lounges before heading out to explore the temples.

After a lengthy day, I returned to find my luggage waiting for me in a spacious, well air conditioned (very nice to walk into after a sweaty day) cabin, with my name intricately spelled out on the bed with grasses and flowers, charming touch. There was a bowl of fresh fruit left to enjoy. The bathroom was modern with wooden planked floors, a large bathtub and a separate rain shower. The bed was firm and comfortable with big soft pillows.

I used the pool every evening on my return from the temples. It’s kept very clean with a small and pleasant water feature that gives the courtyard a peaceful ambience and is soothing to sit under.

The cabins are all set back from the street, which is very quiet to begin with, so the atmosphere outside as well as inside the cabins is serene. There are only 7 cabins, which helps the peacefulness; I often felt I had the entire place to myself despite being fully occupied.

The property is lush with plants, which gave my cabin a secluded feel despite being right next to another. I had a nicely appointed patio with two places to lounge.

I ate breakfast at the Villa every morning, very good and filling. The gentleman who attended to the guests in the morning was very attentive and kind. The staff as a whole was extremely outgoing and helpful.

The Night Market and Pub Street are a short 10 minute walk from the property. The side streets in Siem Reap are dimly lit which may give some apprehension walking at night, but I never felt unsafe here and finding my way to and from the hotel was easy. For those less inclined to walk at night, transportation is just as easy to arrange and inexpensive.

This is easily one of the loveliest hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting. I enjoyed Siem Reap a great deal and hope to return one day. When I do, I will be staying at the Petit Villa again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Daniel L
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Hi there,

Thank you so much for the comment you have made known to the world of how pleased you were at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa. The entire teams are thrilled of hearing your good thoughts toward their work . We owed you a big appreciation.

Thank you for choosing to experience our Boutique hotel where we believe in homely feel, personalize service that provided toward our resident and succeed his or her satisfaction was the key for petit villa to always maintain our philosophy

I am blessed to have such a great team to ensure the your happiness is succeed of

Thank you again for sharing such a fabulous courage, I am looking forward to welcoming you back home soon. Drop me a line if you wish me to look well after your friend or relative shall they visit to Siem Reap at md@petitvilla.com

Siem Reap - Angkor - Cambodia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
vilnius
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have spent great 4 nights in this hotel. I agree with all the reviews before as it is little charming, clean, green with excellent and helpful staff, great food and unforgettable fruit shakes. We asked for massage and it was also very good accompanied with lemon grass juice. It was the best hotel during our travel in Cambodia. The street outside the hotel was dark, but it seemed safe. We used to go with tuk tuk every night for 1 $ as it is very near the pub street.

Room Tip: Rooms location near the pool are better than on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asvilnius
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Hi there,

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice. The whole teams are thrilled of hearing you’re your great comment and delighted to be part of your great memorable experience.

It is our desire to ensure resident are relax, rejuvenate, by providing the quiet place as homely feel. We do what ever it takes to ensure our resident left with great memorable stay. Shall future traveler wish to have the touch and feel of our unique services kindly drop us line to md@petitvilla.com from there your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Room: Stayed 3 nights in a superior suite. Large & comfortable room with modern TV, fridge, small dining setting, overhead fan and a/c – all in great working order. Each room faces the pool with its own patio with chairs.

Sleep Quality: King bed which looked lovely but was too firm for my liking. The room was quiet and very dark for sleeping.

Bathroom: My initial impression was amazing – separate large bath tub alongside an open rain shower platform. The shower was quite good in terms of water pressure. The design of the bathroom was impractical though as the toilet was located at the rear of the room, requiring you to walk over the wet shower platform to use the toilet (or dry the shower yourself). It was however very clean and was always dry after the room had been cleaned. Unfortunately, I did not have time to use the lovely bath. Clean linen was always supplied in the room. Wardrobe, toiletries and a safe were also provided.

Food: A small and intimate outdoor dining area is available, catering for all meals. The menus are not extensive but very affordable. The western b/fast was very nice and filling. The fresh juice shakes were definitely a highlight of the menu.

Location: Across the river from infamous pub street, the hotel is located in a more suburban setting (although only a 15mins walk at most). Tuk tuk’s are readily available if you don’t wish to walk and can be arranged by the hotel.

Service: All staff are eager to please and the service they provide is friendly, professional and excellent. Most have average English speaking ability so can sometimes be lost in translation but this is made up by a willingness to please you.

Value for money: 3 nights was US$225 for one including b/fast. This was excellent value compared to other accom places around the world. Wi-fi is complimentary with good access.

Other: Rooms are well appointed, clean, comfortable with lovely local staff to help you make the most of your stay. Beauty therapy (massage, pedicure, etc) can be provided onsite, but you really need to book a day in advance as the therapists are not onsite. If you’re looking for the food and facilities of a typical western hotel, this will not be for you. This small hotel is focussed on the customer experience and I think they do this well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Hi there,

Thank you so much for the great comment you have made known to the world by sharing in this forum of how pleased you were at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa. The whole team is thrilled of hearing your good thoughts toward their work

I am so delighted to be part of your great memorable experience you have had in Siem Reap, especially allowing us to serve you at our Boutique in Cambodia

I am blessed to have such a great team to ensure that our resident happiness is succeeded.

Thank you again for sharing such a fantastic courage and m and Petit’ staff member are looking forward to welcoming you back home. Do drop me a line md@petitvilla.com for your future trip.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and found this to be a charming little hotel.

The rooms are spacious and well layed out. They are also spotlessly clean. They would however benefit from a fan or some better ventilation in the bathrooms. It is also annoying that the AC cuts out when you take your key out so if you are out all day it is a bit warm when you get back.

To compensate you are met each day on your return from your day's excursions with a cool glass of beautiful fruit juice and a huge smile from one of the staff.

The location is great for a shot walk into the main part of town. The road is a bit on the dark side but we didn't feel afraid to walk along it. If you like take a tuktuk from town for $1.

All in all great location, great staff and great value for money

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice. The whole teams are delighted to be part of your great memorable experience.

It is with my honor to having you stayed with us. The Petit teams are committed to deliver what make our resident a most enjoyable experience in Siem Reap in particular at our Boutique. We are very delighted to be shared such in-value comment to improve, and succeed our resident satisfactions as it our main desire. Any special attention for future traveler who wishes to stay with us do kindly drop me directly email to md@petitvilla.com.

Thank you very much staying with us and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

i loved this hotel, it was mt favorite hotel in six weeks of traveling, coming back here after a day 'watting' was like a breath of freash air, the room was bueatiful as was the bathroom and you had your own private patio area to sit outside and read a book, the swimming pool is right on your door step (literally) ..cant praise this hotel more, could have stayed here for a month, its about a 15 min walk into town and take a torch as its quiet dark. fantastic

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and on the ground level, set round the pool
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Boeing737man
Hi there,

I am, whole team of Petit Villa so delighted to be part of your great memorable experience you have had in Siem Reap, especially allowing us to serve you at our Boutique in Cambodia

All suite rooms are designed for best practice to give a sense of harmony, relax by providing a best view to all facing our cute pool. Thank you again for sharing such a fantastic courage and me and Petit’ staff member are looking forward to welcoming you back home. I am more than happy to be contacted through md@petitvilla.com for your future trip shall any special attention you may wish us to make your plan a great memorable one.

Thank you for such a lovely comment and I am looking forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Shanghai
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is out of our expectation. A small villa with only 9 rooms. We had great time staying here. Nice breakfast, lovely swimming pool, good service, and the best welcome drink- Banana Shake! I am happy with my choice.

Room Tip: Rooms next to swimming pool looknice, but are smaller,.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trista0624
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your great comment and thrilled of hearing your thoughts toward our boutique while staying with us. I cannot express enough how pleased my team to read this comment. I’l like to stay Thank You

Petit means Small that we do believe every little will make the different that is why you may feel this is little home away from home, all suite rooms are designing the simplest way as it is.

Thank you again for the trust on Petit’s team and we are looking forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

A small and beautiful oasis in Siem Reap. Quiet place with a wonderful pool. The
best restaurant ever! Very very nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Felix H
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your great comment and thrilled of hearing your thoughts toward our boutique while staying with us. Our chef is thrilled of hearing you value comment made known to the world how pleased you were of experience our Khmer Cuisine at Champa Café.

Petit’s staff members are working tirelessly to deliver what best make our resident happy. This comment is proof their hard work, I like to thank you for a great courage words.

Thank you again for the trust and believed on Petit’s team and we are looking forward to welcoming you home in the near future.