“Nice accommodation if the price is right” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

Ranked #57 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Belgium
“Nice accommodation if the price is right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

We paid 80 usd/night (stayed 3 nights) and that was to much (on the street was a sign that said 25 usd/pp). Bathroom was smelling almost like a sewer, safe is a wooden box that isn't fixed to anything, airco was working but couldn't do the job. The staff was very friendly and they even got us an iron safe and offered us a massage. The hotel property is very nice but it is in a poor neighboorhood.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Hi there,

thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice in Siem Reap. We are pleased in overall that you happy with stay. It is with our regret to hear of your satisfaction not meet, please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the team. Yes, we had issue on draining system and we are fixing it upon learning from your line. Without your comment, we could hardly achieve our resident satisfaction. I must thank you for that.

The suite rooms are designed to the best of simply way for our resident to fell like their own home and the convenient of private veranda to relax with spacious bathroom.

Rest assures that, my team and me will do in our best knowledge of making sure our resident is happy in siem reap. Please allow me to restore your faith toward our property for any future visit to have the opportunity of welcoming you back home if you may visit Siem Reap again. Please contact me directly to md@petitvilla.com

Siem Reap - Angkor – Cambodia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Petite Villa is a cosy, nice place to stay in if you are intending to visit Siem Reap. The room we had was clean, and I especially loved the bathroom concept. Decorations in the room was also good. However, i wished that there could be brighter lights in the room, because the atmosphere never failed to make me more tired every night! (But that's the aim of a hotel stay right! I just wished there's a brighter light for me to read my book indoors). There was also a resting chair outside of our room, which I used to read books and enjoy the serenity.

They also have a nice swimming pool but we didn't had the time to dip in it.

Service was great, did i mention earlier? the staff are always there to help in whichever ways they can. I can remember Seth, this other guy in traditional costume, and this lady at the reception. Very friendly and never failed to offer their help. We talked to them about places we can visit and they offered their help immediately in checking the maps.

Although we encountered a short black out during one of the nights, the staff were quick to bring candles and ensuring that we are fine in the room. Also, Seth is a very good host, who always find time to talk to us when we return to the hotel. On our last day of the trip, he even offered to accompany us to the airport, which was a surprise gesture to us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank superque

What a lovely comment!

You made our day a better once, the whole team are thrilled of hearing how pleased you were at our Place. I must thank you for staying with us. We are so delighted to be part of your great memorable experience you have had in Siem Reap. I made the note of lighting and I must thank you for pointed out. We believed the happiness is not one sided, no matter how much our team do their best without the comment we have from our resident. Our job is much harder to completed. It comes with contribution everyone involved. Thanks, you made that happen

I am blessed to have such a great team to ensure that our resident happiness is succeeded.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back home soon no in far distance.

Thank you very much for sharing such invalue feedback

Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We reached the hotel at night, after a tiring flight. We entered through a "path in the jungle". What a surprise to see the place at breakfast time in the morning! A real eye refreshing vision over the pool, the garden, the open air dining area and a reception area surrounded by goldfish in a pool!
The staff was very friendly and most helpful. They rapidly responded to all our requests and had answers to all of our questions. It rained on one of the evenings, and the dinner was quickly transferred to the rooms, The location, the spot an the staff perfectly answered all our needs. Some electrical problems can occur from time to time. We were told that when a major football game is being played after dark, power cuts can be expected in Siem Reap, in order to provide full supply to the stadium lights. Nice, and acceptable if you are an open minded traveller. We didn't have a match during our stay, and we remained happy customers.
A perfect place to rest in Siem Reap, good food, Spa facilities, a nice little swimming pool and very nice staff.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms open to the pool; upper floor rooms have a view over the hotel's garden.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Skipper_il_a

What a day!

You made our team better day, I must thank you for staying with us, and we are so delighted of hearing your happiness while stays with us. Nothing else makes us so proud that what ever we did is the result of our resident happy.

I have shared your words toward our member team at Petit Villa and we are looking forward to welcoming you back home.

Petit is your home in Cambodia.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

A remarkable idylle with a super-friendly staff! The swimming pool is small but nobody was swimming anyway, so we had it for ourselves. The lemon-grass martini tastes especially good after the impressive visit to the Temples of Angkor.
My only concern is if you're too loud inside the room people might be able to hear you...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Philipp M
Brighton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

We were incredibly lucky to stay here only a fortnight ago after flying into Siem Reap. After spending 4 days here we did not want to leave and no where else in Cambodia even came close to the tranquility, service and standards at Petit Villa.
Seth picked us up at the airport and checked on us everyday. However we were very happy customers, particularly with:
-large, comfortable rooms located in a secure compound a 5-10 minute walk from town
- a tasty, tailored breakfast
- a stunning pool
- staff that will go out of their way to help (without being pushy)
In short - we loved it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to really relax.
Thanks Petit Villa!

Room Tip: We had a room that fronted the pool - a step and a dive away from a refreshing swim!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brightonoz
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Absolutely fantastic staff! Great service - really interested in making sure that you have a great time in Cambodia. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Within walking distance to the downtown area/old market. Peaceful and relaxing! I would highly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ashley H
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a weekend trip to Siem Reap and I would recomend it without doubt to all my friends and family. It is a very small hotel with only a few rooms - I immediatly felt at home when I arrived. The location of the hotel is excellent as it is not in the busy town center but just a few minutes away (3-4 minutes) in a very calm enviornment. The rooms have a perfect size - not too small not too big - and the decoration was very special. For my first night they had written a nice personal note with lemon leaves on my blanket - what a nice detail after a long trip.
The staff was extremely friendly and very very helpful. On Saturday evening I wanted to go to chruch (6:30pm) but wasn't sure about the way so the receptionist joined me on the Tuktuk to make sure that I will find the way.
Also the visiting trip to the temples organized by the hotel went extremely well. The tuktuk for the day (including all visits to the temples and drives to restaurants and bars at night) cost me only 15$ and the guide was 25$ so in total 40$ for a private tour!
Food at the hotel was also great - the breakfast is ordered a la carte and comes with fruits, tea, croissant or other bread, and eggs in any style you want.
For lunch I had chicken curry which was very tasty.
Thank you to the staff for making this stay so enjoyable and I hope to come back soon!
Konstantin