“Great Place and very nice staff, although under high pressure” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

Ranked #56 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Bern
“Great Place and very nice staff, although under high pressure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. There where some tiny problems but the friendly staff did a high performance to fix it right away. Its a quite oasis in the hectic siem reap and we enjoyed the poolside after visiting the Temples. We had the Bad feeling the staff is under a High pressure by the owner, which made us a bit sad cause they are very helpful and nice. We do hope the owner does realize the high importance of treating staff nice, cause the customers always do notice if its not happening.
Over all Prices are a bit high for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rea W
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I, thank you that you like our place in overall and with my due respect i hope this is a real guest who experienced and stayed with us.

Not a paid person who trying to mislead the information toward our property.

With my heartfelt i deeply regret to hear the VERY FIRST TIME in my entire life that me as owner did put a lots of pressure toward our employee that was TOTALLY against my WILLS and PRINCIPLE as Khmer. I invite the resident who reside with us to meet me who wish to hear my vision toward this small boutique why it is unique in many way.

Without real/true comment we, owner of the property will not able to deliver what best our resident expected and I took it very seriously and implemented for the best interest of our guest and my people.

We recently registered with government of employee insurance for our staff called NSSF Social (national social security fund) that provide the basic health care to our employee even though Petit Villa is small place but with big heart and lot more we did.

We recently donated cash to one of the our staff who not able to work for 1 week because of her sickness plus a full monthly paid.

Due the demand of guest, we recently invested the latest state of art Laptop size Safety Deposit Box for the entire property

Allow me to share what is Petit Villa about?

We created this unique place to deliver the homely feel and allow resident to experience the real khmer culture and hospitality as witnessed, out of 100 reviewer that rate us the best place to stay with the friendly staff and owner and we won the TRIP ADVISOR AWARD travel of CHOICE 2013 among top 20 hotels out of 290 hotels in Siem Reap.

Khmer is known as the polite people with genuine smile , honest, respect all over Asia as resulted you can view in any website of how Khmer people offer the hospitality especially on Trip advisor forum to tourist and among our people.

Again, i asked the reviewer to look back my reply or send me directly to my personal email md@petitvilla.com for further clarification if any.

As business owner i cannot deliver what best to ensure the total satisfaction toward our resident without a real comment that offered by an educated traveler/ experience traveler there our job will get harder to achieve without the facts.

But such inaccurate information that can only provided by the uneducated person. I hope this is a real guest who may encounter or experience differently at our place or not the newly created person to post the comment. I must apology for that.

Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I love Petit Villa
it such a romantic place to hideaway during my trip in Siemreap. I love the people so friendly and great breakfast . What make me feel the most is the tropical garden, i felt like walking in middle of jungle, bird song , banana fruit every where. Thank you to all staff make my stay perfectly relaxed.

Woddy, USd, Tacoma, Washington

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Hi there,

Thank you so much for choosing Petit Villa as your preferred choice of accommodation in Siem Reap. I am blessed to received such a high motivate comment you shared on this world forum i must thank you.

Our staff are at most with great willing to do what is best to deliver customer satisfaction which is in everyone heart at Petit Villa.

This is my honor of witnessing how pleased our resident enjoyed the services and facilities we offered. It help us more courage to maintain our place as preferred choice to the travelers.

Team and me are looking forward to welcoming you back home soon. Thank you

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights with my partner in January and overall this is a very nice hotel. I'm going to split the review into the good, and the not so good. Nothing was bad here but there are a few things worth commenting on.

The good: Very nice small hotel with large bedrooms and bathroom. We were in a room on the first floor and had a very nice balcony. The hotel has a very exclusive feel about it and does act as almost an oasis of calm away from what can sometimes be a stressful Siem Reap. The hotel grounds have a rabbit, fish and turtle (which we thought might be dead, floating in the stream..) which were nice touches and made the hotel an interesting place to stay.

The staff were very helpful and always willing to please. On our way to the hotel on the first day we had issues with a taxi driver which we had booked from an operator at the bus depot on the Cambodia/Thailand board. The taxi driver drove most of the way and then offloaded us onto a tuk tuk driver who offered us a free ride to the hotel. The driver then became verbally abusive when he asked us for money for the ride and we wouldn't pay. So, from then on we decided to book any further tuk tuks or taxi’s through the hotel. The prices quoted were as good as we could have found going directly to the suppliers and they all turned up and did what they had been booked to do. We would recommend booking travel or guides through the hotel. There was a bit of a hard sell by the hotel for us to do this on the first day when we arrived but when we had looked around we found their prices on par with the drivers directly but wanted to security of the hotel sorting it if it went wrong.

Staff were very attention and always looking to please. They spoke English well and could understand almost everything we asked.

The less good: The waterfall shower wasn’t very powerful and sometimes felt like you were showering under drips. The bathroom, although very nice, did tend to smell of damp for a good few hours after a shower as the shower works like a wet room soaking into the floor boards which also act as the drainage system. It's nothing that we couldn't over look however.
The hotel itself is located down a side road with no street lighting. We never had an issue with this but it is worth taking a torch. It might also be a reflection of Cambodia as a whole but there are quite a few dogs roaming around on the road where this hotel is located. Again we didn't have any issues from the dogs, and they didn't appear rabid, but not ideal for people with dog phobias.

For the breakfast, although we were given a menu with about 6-8 different breakfast options, we were only ever allowed to choose from the same two as the others were always unavailable. As we were not a fan of rice and chicken for breakfast, having about 3 slices of bread with jam, 1 small piece of bacon and a small sausage for 5 days in a row got very monotonous. The accompanying fruit selection and the fruit smoothies were a good addition though.

The bed sheets, although we are sure they were clean, were sometimes stained and could benefit from a boil wash.

Overall, would I stay here again? Yes, definitely and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex A
Hi there,

A cheer and greeting from your Family Home in Siem Reap !

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice. My whole team and me are thrilled to hear such a lovely courage words toward staff member that you specifically pointed out of how friendliness our staff represent at Petit Villa. This is the real touch that we are about.

Me in particular very delighted that our team be part of your great memorable experience.

This is the only wish that me, my team are day to day working to see our resident left with fond memorable experience. I have made special note of what could be done better, I must thank you that you point it out for us.

We wish to ensure the experience of each of our honor guest such as you is met, kindly drop me a note at md@petitvilla.com shall plan to come back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights in mid-January. We loved this little property. I know that opinions vary, but having read many of the negative reviews here i must say that i feel like we were staying in a different property. The staff are ridiculously eager to please and will bend over backwards to make sure you are having a great stay. We received complimentary fruit cocktails pretty much every day when we came back to the property to relax after activities during the day. The property is small, which means it is quiet and relaxed. It is not 5 star. It doesn't purport to be. It is boutique. That means it is unique. The bathroom which others have referred to as odd, was to me wonderful. I loved the timber flooring, the fresh flowers and the rain shower. Yes, it is too close to the toilet but that is often the case with toilets in Asia. It's far more interesting and lovely than a standard hilton bathroom. In my view. The rooms themselves are appointed beautifully and are very clean. If you want to stay in a hotel that is the same as one you would be staying in in say, New York, then this property is not for you. If you want somewhere that is very comfortable, relaxing and quite lovely in a Cambodian way then this is a nice little place. As for location, i thought it as a great location. No complaints at all. My only recommendation for the hotel is to perhaps cater better for requests to organise guides to the temples. We had a driver but no guide as the staff said they would likely be too busy given the time of year. Perhaps they could have a preferred guide for hotel guests? In any event, i feel that this place is really trying to please its guests, give you a wonderful experience and the staff should be commended for that. It;s the little things, the welcome drinks, the fresh fruit in the room every day and the incense or burning candles they put in the room which makes this place a very nice place to spend 5 nights in Siem Reap.

Stayed January 2013
Hi there,

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Villa as place of your choice. Me and my whole team are thrilled to hear such a lovely courage words toward Petit staff member that appreciated what our staff have done toward the resident, I truly honor to received such a high rated score you offered us. This message shared by you on trip advisor will fill with our strength and desire to deliver what best we could do to ensure our future resident needs are met.

I owed you with big appreciations when seeing of how pleased your satisfied during the recent stayed with us. Thank you.

Petit is mean small in French language that is the concept of Petit Villa is small but filled with it uniqueness that could allow resident to experience and feel that is their home in Cambodia.

It with my great pleasure to see my resident left with fond memorable experience provided by Petit Member. This is the only reason that Petit Villa is about.

Petit staff member and me are looking forward to welcoming you back home soon.

HCMC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

We booked this boutique hotel thanks to all the reviews by trip advisor. Inspite of all the warnings we decided to select this place for a short 3 day holiday. So, we booked online and paid in advance.

We were weary as the reviews cautioned us about the first day hassle this hotel causes. As soon as we reached our worst fear came true, upon arrival we were told that the room assigned to us was not available. We were moved to another property to our displeasure. Next day we were transferred after we gave a threat that we will call the police if we are not shifted.

The rooms are dirty and dingy. The lighting is poor. Breakfast was good and so were the staff. But that is the case if we would have gone to any other place.

I did not pay for the night we were asked to stay somewhere else. However they charged the taxes.

I would recommend Agoda to delist this property and advise fellow travelers to avoid this hotel. Hospitality in Cambodia is very good so any place you select it will be spot on.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank arupbansal
Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel is perfect for those who prefer a quiet and unique retreat in a beautiful setting over standardized international hotel brands. The hotel is framed as outlined in the pictures, however sadly some of the basic service aspects suffer - our biggest problem was insufficient hot water for anything more than a 'military shower'.
The breakfast was good in true local style (only for non-vegg recommended). We also tried the massage which was good (slightly above average).
The location is not very central but not a problem with local transport plentiful available. Also airport transfer (outbound) was included for us.
Staff worked hard to meet all needs and overcome the teething problem of hot water - investment in a large hot water boiler is recommended.

Room Tip: Standard room is fine