“Nice! need some small improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Villa Boutique & Spa

Petit Villa Boutique & Spa
Ranked #57 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Nice! need some small improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

this hotel has a very nice atmosphere, the garden is very cute and the staff is lovely, they are all very polite and helpful

Our room was nice and clean. However I had booked a family room and the third bed they gave us was a folding bed, a bit small and not incredibly comfortable. Although for a kid it would have been perfectly ok. We were missing some towels and the shower was not working when we arrived but they gave us the towels and fixed the shower immediately, so not really a problem
In our room the hot and cold water taps of the shower were inverted, but again not a big deal

This hotel is good for someone who likes the local feel, wants a nice hotel that is not too expensive and wants to be close to the center of Siem Reap. If you are looking to spend a lot of time by the pool then maybe this hotel is not great because the space next to the pool is not much and it's mainly in the shadow

we also had a good surprise because when we arrived we discovered that our booking included a free meal and a free massage for all the 3 of us.

The food of the restaurant is good and breakfast is abundant

if you are not too picky you will have a lovely time here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We asked for a pick-up at the airport through the booking und laterdirectly by mail. We got no answer and saw the driver just at the last second. Check-In was fast. For the next 3 days we had the hotel driver mr. ghi for the sightseeings. He did it very well. The room was nice, the bathroom not so much. For taking a shower you have to sit in the bathtub. After the second day we recognized some bad smell in the bathroom. The breakfast was good, the food at dinner average. We could recommend the restaurant tangram garden next to the hotel. The pool and the garden are perfect for relaxing, the staff very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The greeting and welcome was nice and tour recommendation quite useful, except I had to make everything alone! no possibility to join a group! at the boat to the floating village I've got soaked and my camera and mobile almost damaged through the water.
The garden and pool is nice, the spa was great to use to change after arrival, but later not available for treatments, mostly used from the staff, the food in the restaurant was just average, the part which I did not like was the bathroom! with rain shower and wooden panels, no window, which smells moldy, not really my dream place for holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Claudia R
HK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

If staff could win an award, the team at Petit Villa deserve the oscar. The management have created a fantastic team environment which, for me, was the stand-out impression of my 4-day stay. Yes, the hotel was wonderfully designed with a mini rainforest running through it, a wonderfully clean swimming pool as the centre-piece and the individual cabana rooms flanking each side. The food was excellent and full of flavour. I highly recommend the mango juice. I drank so much I thought I was going to morph into a mango at one point!! So fresh!! The family-inspired touches of having three rabbits hopping around made the place feel very homely. The rabbits had been saved by the owner so they didn't look particularly healthy but they were strangely calming in their presence. The rooms were well furnished. My only issue was that the design of the bathrooms were not the most practical. The drainage can be an odorous distraction. That was the only negative to a host of positives. The staff were wonderfully attentive, friendly, willing, honest and generous in their spirit and time. Congratulations to the owner and management for instilling such an excellent team ethic. If I can single out one of the staff - the tuk tuk driver Mr T. I was genuinely very sad to say goodbye. He is a proud family man, who has never even been to Phom Penh yet speaks perfect English and was one of the most honest, decent human beings I have met in a long time. A lesson to many people in the West. Congratulations Petit Villa, it's the best value for money I have experienced in a boutique hotel. I will be returning, for sure!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the better option
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic small hotel, we stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic. We booked a honeymoon room, it wasn't out honeymoon but I would have been happy if it was the bed was decorated beautifully. We had fruit and wine in the room, we never found time to drink the wine!

The pool is lovely and I swam everyday, this was great after a long day at Angkor Wat.

We had a traditional meal included in our stay which was enjoyable, we did eat at the hotel a couple of times (western style) the food was good, but didn't always seem as hot as it could have been. I think maybe if the plates were hot, this might have helped but presentation and taste was good.

The staff were fabulous and attentive all the time, nothing was too much trouble, you can not fault the service they provide, they are welcoming and friendly.

If you are looking for a small hotel, this is the one for you, a previous write up said a hidden gem and that is exactly what this is. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to Siem Reap.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you love tropical gardens, a wonderful swimming pool and very friendly staff - then go to the Petit Villa Boutique & Spa. My stay there - unfortunately only 2 nights - was just perfect! I enjoyed every minute I was there. The room is lovely arranged, the welcome was overwhelmingly friendly and the staff helped me all the time with arrangements for seeing Angkor Wat or anything else. Archie, the driver of the hotel collected me from the airport and went to Angkor Wat with me - he was extremely friendly and a wonderful person. I definately will come back to Siem Reap and will stay again in this great hotel. Worth any penny!

Room Tip: My room was on the higher floor so I had a round view on the garden - but I believe that the rooms d...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Birgit F
Stratford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in September. We were collected from the airport by achi the hotels tub tuk driver and delivered to the hotel. It's just like a little jungle oasis. Beautiful welcome by Sophea, our room decorated with flowers, fruit etc. on arrival. Food was excellent. Staff are very caring and kind. Achi was our tuk tuk driver over 3 days and was very knowledgeable and most importantly great fun. It was a lovely way to end our 2 week visit to cambodia.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple