“Love this hotel”

Petit Villa Boutique & Spa
Ranked #37 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I've traveled to many countries and this is one of my favorite hotels of all time. As you can see in the many other posts, the hotel feels like you are sitting in a gorgeous little oasis, on top of lily pad gardens. Walking through the doors takes you out of the bustle of the city and gives you a place to relax and unwind.

The staff was always kind and helpful, willing to go above to meet your needs. Truly a special place.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been returning to Siem Reap on a regular basis, not as a tourist, but to visit friends and enjoy the safe and calm atmosphere of the place. On this trip I wanted to try another hotel than the usual ones, and I settled on PETIT VILLA and I was not disappointed. Khmer hospitality at its best, which you can expect as normal in Cambodia but here they were very attentive, to all your needs.
I had a chance to meet the owner and talk to her and commented on the quality of her staff, many of whom are studying for university degrees. All the staff were agreeable but few stand out: the front desk receptionist who welcomes you amidst pond and lotus, Chamroeun; the very helpful bartender and energetic helper, Chhay Leng and the university student who is at the reservations, Chou Eng.
I enjoyed my stay tremendously, it is a lovely place to come home to, 1 km away from the hustle of the town and a million miles away in tranquility. There is a pool, pick and delivery to the airport as well as a choice of western or khmer breakfast, which I chose each day, which came with a fruit smoothie as well as plate of fruits. The beds are very comfortable and after a long trip from Brussels I slept well each of the three nights I stayed there.
For those who are concerned about helping Cambodians, please stay at places which are owned and run by Cambodians, so that the money stays within the country, the same with Khmer owned businesses and restaurants.
I highly recommend this place and have already made plans to return to say hello to my new friends and enjoy the ambience of Petit Villa

Room Tip: There were some construction going on, but frankly I was not at all bothered by it. Always get a ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aungkhant
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Such a lovely spot! When you enter the hotel, you take a little bridge that goes over a koi pond. The reception area is a small "island" in the middle of the pond. You then go over another little wooden bridge and onto a stone path leading through a garden area past the spa, restaurant and pool to the rooms. Whoever does their garden is a genius!

The staff here were so kind and attentive; they checked prices for us on airlines and buses to our next city. The breakfasts here were also fantastic and included with the price of our room: croissant, toast, coffee, fruit plate and smoothie!

There was always a tuk tuk outside the hotel that would take us into the main downtown area for a dollar. It was also probably only a ten minute walk if the weather was nice.

The room was enormous and the bathroom was cute. The bathroom floor had stones everywhere with a wooden boardwalk that went over the top to the sink, closet, shower and toilet. The water from the shower did tend to stay on the boardwalk a bit and in the rocks. It was a good idea to prop the door open while the AC was on to keep from getting a musty smell from water sitting.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a window. There were shutters that we weren't able to open, but without a window or screen, it would have led to mosquitoes anyway, so not a good idea.

The pool was pretty and surrounded by plants. One day as we were swimming, one of the staff members brought us all smoothies just to be nice! Great service!

If we went back to Siem Reap, we would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: There are new rooms being built. Check to see if those have windows!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaSCUBAGirl
Reviewed 27 June 2014

the place is lovely!its not busy or crowded, I love the tropical vibe! it makes me feel that Im really close to nature and that includes a pet white rabbit that roams around the villa its soo cute! I also love their breakfast set and the room are nice and pretty! Their service is great! and most of all, thanks to Mr. Roth who accompanied and drive us around our trip! He gave us excellent service! and I can't complain!he deserves a great reward!I will definitely go back to this place!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

First of all, part of the photos are from Petit Villa hotel, not Petit Temple. Though they are sister hotels as we found occasionally, this is a strange thing.
Due to construction we had to move to Petit Temple, though paid for Petit Villa in advance 2 months before check in.
We arrived late evening and were told that now the Villa is under construction and for us it will be better to move to another hotel just nearby. Though we were quite tired, we decided that it will be better to move than to hear the noise of construction every day.. And anyway it was more said like an advise, not an option that we could take.. I think this is unfair not to let us know before. The Petit Temple (sister hotel) is not what we booked and paid for, and probably if we knew it we would have an opportunity to change the place. When i checked the rating of Temple it was not as good as in Villa. Do nit know how is it now but anyway.. And I did not check the price for a room as well and do not know the prices for Temple.
The checkin in Temple was quite good with welcoming drink, however we had to ask to change the bed linen as they were not white at all..
The room was not bad, but a bit dark. As well as the bathroom.
The bathroom was always wet as the water stayed there under the wooden flooring. It was a bit scary to get in the bathroom every time) the walls in the bath are black which also makes it even darker inside.
And after the shower the water somehow went to the room floor sometimes.. Not a disaster but unpleasant.
The breakfast is really average. Fruit plate was small and contained only banana, pineapple, watermelon and mango (several slices of each for 2 persons). Smoothy is tasty. In european breakfast there are just toasts with butter and jam (no cheese or bacon). I cant say it was not enough for me, but for a men definitely not to spend half day around the temples, and the choice is poor.
When we checked out the hotel staff was really surprised that we have a free transfer and asked us several times, whether we already used it when we checked in.. And seemed they did not want to pay for this. All these small things spoil the overall atmosphere((
I cannot say that my holiday was ruined. Absolutely not! The pool is nice, the restaurant offers good food, staff are friendly, but I definitely will not come back there.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff were great. Sopeo was particularly helpful. The room was very good, but having own outside table and chairs by the lovely pool more important. Was some construction, but it didn't bother us. Small and intimate. The hotel arranged our tuk tuk driver for trip to the temples. Archie made sure we got to see what was important, even when the heat was making us flag. He was helpful, fun and interesting. Ask for Archie, honest good English. We hired him next day for general sight seeing. Neat place,we would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor by the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A big part of a holiday is the people that you meet and an better understanding of the culture they possess. We felt in this place completely in touch with the locals and their kindness. Khmer people are beatiful and so natural. Their smiles and concern for making us feel at home made us simply love them. Some of the staff are university students working hard for a better future. Even our tuk tuk driver was incredible. We were so touched that we felt like we left a family there after heading off to kampot. We could not recommend more staying at Petit Villa, a home away from home. Simon and Ramon

• Stayed: June 2014