While planning my 2 days trip to Siem Reap I was hesitating to make a choice between a 5* chain hotel and a local guest house.
I found Cashew Nut on tripadvisor, checked their web-site and realized that this the best place for me to stay:)
I’ve booked Double Nut Deluxe room, read “BKK to Siem Reap info” page carefully and after an easy journey from Bangkok was welcomed by a nice lady Lekhena, who was a receptionist on that day.
Among the things I loved at Cashew Nut:
- Alan, the owner, was always extremely helpful with immediately prepared 2 days plan of visiting sights, possible routes, ideas and tips. Everyone from the team was always ready to help and give me an advice, I’ve also learnt lots of things about Cambodia from the guys, about their own lives. I’d like to thank them all for that great experience and great service: Lekhena, Khamrak and Kanra, thank you!!!
- Alan has booked a tuk-tuk ride around the temples with a driver Mr. Sokhoeun, who was always polite and friendly, we had some interesting talks about life in Cambodia
- My Deluxe room was very spacious and clean, décor is quite simple, but I had everything I needed, always hot water + a small almost private balcony-terrace in front of the room door, from where I could enjoy overlooking local street life; I loved a my bed with a firm mattress which was such a relieve for my back after a halfday of walking
- Location was good – it used to take me 10 minutes to get to the city centre with the Old Market area.
I had a wonderful absolutely trouble-free stay at Cashew and will definitely come back to the guys on my next trip to Cambodia!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trip Advisor award winning Cashew Nut Guest house is situated only a short 10 minute walk away from the lively markets and the restaurant/bar scene, making it the perfect place to base yourself during your stay in Siem Reap. Our newly refurnished, spotlessly clean, 10 room guest house has been designed to meet all travelers needs and requirements to ensure you don't have anything to worry about during your stay. Steve, the owner, has a wealth of information and advice about traveling throughout the region which he is more than happy to share with fellow travelers. There is something for everyone at the Cashew Nut Guest House which promises 5 Star service at a budget price.Tours available with trusted drivers at affordable prices offering great value for money.All our rooms are have en-suite bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Cashew Nut Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.