“Cannot praise this place enough! Amazing! An oasis! Loved it!”

The Cashew Nut Guest House
Ranked #52 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Cannot praise this place enough! Amazing! An oasis! Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Ill start ny saying im pretty picky and can be hard to please but this place outweighed all my expectations! A real treat when travelling!

We arrived at 6am expecting to have a long wait around etc, not only wqs breakfast out early for our arrival but our room was ready and we were helped with our bags to a lovely spacious twin on the top floor. Great ac, clean, comfy beds, free water and sweeties, lots of useful info in the room book and from local fliers.

Breakfast is delicious! Toast, peanut butter, jam, real butter, Cereal, fresh milk, fruit, yoghurts, tea, coffee, milo, juice, water! Mmmm yummy!
Aaron was also really sweet as we missed breakfast one morning (damn bar street damn angkor what buckets) so when we surfaced in the hope of buying some lunch from them he got all the brekkie stuff out and let me make peanut butter and jam on toast! A true hangover need was fulfilled! Thank you!

The staff are great, so gracious and helpful and chatty. One guy even came and stood with an umbrella in the rain to flag us down a tuktuk. Aaron is a vat of knowledge which is a real godsend as so much to cram in with siem reap.

We booked Angkor Wat with them $15 for the tuk tuk all day who spoke good english and gave us lots of added info on the temples. Sunrise was pretty cool and less people to get good pics etc. They sent us off with a packed breakfast of sandwiches, fruit and a snack aswel for this

Also picked us up off the bus for which we were so grateful for at 530am in the morning!
We booked

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

While planning my 2 days trip to Siem Reap I was hesitating to make a choice between a 5* chain hotel and a local guest house.
I found Cashew Nut on tripadvisor, checked their web-site and realized that this the best place for me to stay:)

I’ve booked Double Nut Deluxe room, read “BKK to Siem Reap info” page carefully and after an easy journey from Bangkok was welcomed by a nice lady Lekhena, who was a receptionist on that day.

Among the things I loved at Cashew Nut:

- Alan, the owner, was always extremely helpful with immediately prepared 2 days plan of visiting sights, possible routes, ideas and tips. Everyone from the team was always ready to help and give me an advice, I’ve also learnt lots of things about Cambodia from the guys, about their own lives. I’d like to thank them all for that great experience and great service: Lekhena, Khamrak and Kanra, thank you!!!

- Alan has booked a tuk-tuk ride around the temples with a driver Mr. Sokhoeun, who was always polite and friendly, we had some interesting talks about life in Cambodia

- My Deluxe room was very spacious and clean, décor is quite simple, but I had everything I needed, always hot water + a small almost private balcony-terrace in front of the room door, from where I could enjoy overlooking local street life; I loved a my bed with a firm mattress which was such a relieve for my back after a halfday of walking

- Location was good – it used to take me 10 minutes to get to the city centre with the Old Market area.

I had a wonderful absolutely trouble-free stay at Cashew and will definitely come back to the guys on my next trip to Cambodia!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Katrina_Vasilchenko
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

Booked in here for a couple of nights with my partner. We were instantly in love with this place as the people who work here are incredibly lovely and helpful. First off, they speak great English and are very prompt in responding to emails. They also organise a free tuk tuk transfer to the hotel from the airport or coach station. They are great at organising tours to Angkor and provide really good recommendations for things to do about town. There is also a lovely roof top terrace on the third floor, which has great views over the town. The only minor minor points are that it is a bit of a walk from town by Siem Reap standards (about ten minutes) and the beds and pillows are a little on the firm side (but this is a problem common to all Cambodia - when you come here bring your own pillow if you have space in your bag!). When we left they made us friendship bands too!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jake F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Cashew Nut lived up to the reviews I had read and beyond! The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the location is a short walk into town, and the tour organised for us was perfect. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it more highly than anywhere else I stayed in Cambodia. The room was very comfortable and had air conditioning, and the sunset lounge was a delight. We went to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat and woke to find a packed breakfast waiting for us! You will not regret staying here at all! Thanks to all at the cashew nut for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ajpeter2
UK
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The big plus of the Cashew Nut is the service. They make masses of effort to do everything they can for you, arranging a great tour, ensuring you know what the services are available to you, they even went to the post office for us.

Rooms are fairly basic, spacious enough, and we had a nice view. Bathrooms are a little shoddy by comparison.

There's a nice rooftop with lounge area for viewing sunset, if you get good weather.

Its a bit of a walk from the centre, which feels a long way in the heat, or if you do it several times in a day...maybe fifteen minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mat_Nicholas
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here during low season on advice from a couple of friends. It's by far the best guesthouse we've stayed in on our trip through Cambodia! The staff were super friendly and always willing to help us out, no matter how small the query and the rooms were spotless and airy.

Bob, their go-to tuk tuk driver, was super friendly as well and even gave us his number so that we could contact him whenever we needed him.

Can honestly say that we haven't come across another team of staff as friendly and welcoming as the guys at The Cashew Nut. Highly reccommended!

P.s. They also have Vegemite available at breakfast for any Australians needing their fix! It's not always out at the brekky table, but just ask one of the staff and they'll be happy to bring it out for you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan_Sel90
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This guest house is excellent in my opinion. The staff is super nice and won't hesitate to help you whenever you need it. My room was a double room in the 3rd floor with fan and private bathroom. In your room you have guides about the temples of Angkor, which is nice since you can go with it to Angkor and read about the temples. In the last floor they have a really nice terrace, although I must say at night it can get really annoying with all the crickets and grasshoppers jumping around you, but it happens in all Siem Reap, so you should get used to it.

We went to Angkor for two days. The reception guy arranged us a tuk-tuk driver (the best tuk-tuk driver ever, thank you Bob!) and divided our days in two excursions, the first day you go around Angkor visiting some temples, doing a little trekking.. until sunset, and the second day we went to see the sunrise in Angkor Wat and then visiting the others main temples. Bob explained to us everything we asked him about the temples and also had free water for us for all the day in Angkor.

Some other things.. the Guest House has free wifi for the guests. We also had breakfast included, which is a nice continental breakfast with some fruits from Cambodia. If you are going to the Angkor Wat sunrise, they will arrange your breakfast for take-away so you can have breakfast after the sunrise, really nice!

I don't know about other Guest Houses in Siem Reap, but definitely this was really good in my opinion!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends