“Nowhere else in the world can I find a better guide like Sorm.”
Review of Angkor in English

Angkor in English
Ranked #55 of 888 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A down to earth guide who will give you the most genuine experience and deep insights into all you need to learn about Cambodia.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We did a one day tour of Angkor Wat with Sorm, and we had a great time. He showed us around some hidden spots with no other tourists, which was nice. All in a all, a knowledgable and nice tour guide. We'd highly recommend his services.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a 2 days tour with Son.
He was just amazing: answering to every single question, he's very smart and passionate about Cambodia (or Campuchia). He loves his country's history and share it with so much knowledge, serioussness and fun. He's a person that you have to meet.
Nabil

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Mr. Sorm Son, our tour guide for 2 days in Siem Reap, has made our trip memorable and happy! He is a kind & polite young gentleman with knowledgeable history background. He knows well the spots to take good family photos. We are happy to have so many good photos to keep for our memories. I was touched by Mr. Sorm's volunteer work to teach children English and also his works with NGO. Thanks Mr. Sorm for being patience with our kids who sometimes were naughty and bored of historical sites. We are touched by the service he has given to us and good luck to him for his future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was the first time we had travelled with two other families overseas. Our friends did a lot of research on finding the perfect tour guide for us in Cambodia. Unfortunately, Sorm Son was booked out but he was very prompt in arranging his colleague Mr Ty Soviet (Viet) to lead us for our three memorable days in Siem Reap.

We were very excited about our tour in Siem Reap. However, our 7 year old daughter became quite sick at breakfast on the first day of our tour. She just wished to sleep at our hotel. Viet reassured us with his plan and encouraged us to go along with the rest of the group. When we were visiting temples my husband and I took turns staying with our daughter in the van while the driver remained close by (in case monkeys decided to visit). Viet kept on checking with us and made sure our daughter was fine and we had as many opportunities as possible to visit the unique temples.

Viet spoke very good English and was very caring, funny and knowledgeable about the local area, the temples and Cambodian history. He was also very approachable and friendly. Viet was very good in guiding us to the spots to take the best photos at different sites. We learned a lot about local culture and history. He was great with kids too. He was willing to adjust our planned schedule to fit into our wishes and needs, especially when our daughter was sick. By the end of our tour we felt like he was part of our big group.

We have no reservations in highly recommending Ty Soviet and his company to anyone who wishes to visit Siem Reap.

Stephanie and Peter