“Wandering, yet in a Home away from Home”

Frangipani Villa Hotel II
Ranked #154 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The property has good location, friendly and accomodating staff who would do everything to attend to your needs and the breakfast buffet was DIVINE! I sure would be coming back to Siem Reap for more Angkor roaming and I know i'd be coming back to Frangipani Villa Hotel II. Have I mentioned the pool? The pool was a really good treat after a tiresome wandering in the Angkors. I got my money's worth and more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I spent 3 nights in late June with my wife. We found the hotel to be in a great location. It is nestled nicely in the centre of a regular Cambodian street, but is only about a 7 minute walk across the river into the core downtown area. My wife and I really enjoy walking around and exploring. You can rent bikes right across the street for $1 US a day. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and spoke english very well. The room was clean, but a basic standard room (all we really need). Price of they stay was very reasonable especially considering breakfast was included. The breakfast was good with a variance of foods to choose from, including french toast, waffles, cereals, eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage, and some breads and pastries. Service was quite good, but towel service around the pool could have been better. Used towels piled up, and no new towels were available once they were all used. Pool area is nice, a little small but refreshing after a long day exploring. The hotel is clean and nicely maintained. We did notice that with concrete as the primary building material, the hallways really echoed noise.
Breakfast stared at 6:30, which was very good as we wanted to start early with exploring. And the pool was open early and closed at 10pm.
Overall, our experience was very good. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room with a pool view which was really nice which included a balcony, but I would recommend...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Average room but it's reasonable for the price, breakfast is plus point, many food choices for this hotel rate, good location, staff incredibly helpful, arrange our 1 day tour: sunrise at Angkor Wat untill sunset at Tonle Sap Lake, Thank You! =)

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Frangipani is a great deal for the price (we got a deal on agoda I believe). The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, remembering our names and always saying hello and chatting. The room wasn't amazing, but it was fine for the price. The breakfast is great. Location is good --walkable to pub street etc if you want. Definitely recommend if you are a bit above a backpacker status and want a comfy nice place to stay! They also have deals if you stay in both the SR and PP locations, I believe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A very pleasant stay although the room was somewhat smaller we were used to, but to be fair, so was the room cost. Light and comfortable room with very good view over the pool. Some downsides but all trivial. The in-room safety deposit box was just a petty cash box fixed to a wooden base, the shower head was so low and the bulkhead over the bath so deep that the shower only reached ones lower back. Could be improved by just adding another shower head holder and thin curtains. Very pleasant pool with probably too much shade for sun lovers and is the shade during the afternoon.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are very comfortable and face sunrise so if the rising sun disturbs your sleep, a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

First, there is Lim, one of the nicest, more competent and real hotel clerks I have ever encountered. She made the stay worthwhile. Then, there is the location, close to downtown (a fast tuk tuk or bike ride away) but far from the noise. My room was clean, lovely, with a nice view and fabulously air conditioned. Breakfast (included in the price) offered a nice selection of local and western fare, and it was always fresh. The pool - ah, the pool - I spent many a sweltering afternoon in there, when it was too hot to go temple trampling or bar hopping.

Besides Lim, who seemed to be always there, all the staff were gracious, attentive and highly responsive. And don't let me forget the spa, where I got a terrific foot massage as well as a full body massage (the masseuse used a technique new to me - at points I thought she was doing handstands on my back).

I'd recommend it to anyone going to Siem Reap. You feel at home. The price is right. The size is perfect. And everyone there will treat you like royalty. An amazing find.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We spent one night at the Frangipani when we first arrived in Cambodia and went back for another 5 nights a week later. Apart from the hard bed like all the hotel beds we have slept on and big pillows we were very comfortable. The best thing was an invitation to the staff New Year party where all staff and guests were offered a wonderful barbecue and beer and soft drinks on the house. The staff appeared to be appreciated and happy and were very generous in their inclusion of the guests in their party. We loved the pool area and access to water in the dining room to fill our water bottles was an added bonus. We would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: No lift so try for first floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple