“authentic experience and away from tourists!”

Khmer for Khmer Organisation
More attraction details
Owner description: KKO has operated off-road tours to the Angkor Complex and the surrounding landscapes since 2011. Our Label OFF TRACK combines two enterprises with the common goal to help our NGO gain independence from fundraising and donations. Our offers consist of unique bicycle, motorbike and trekking tours with the idea to show the Cambodian culture, nature and local lifestyle off the beaten tracks. The OFF TRACK tours have a special range of full and half day tours in Angkor and Siem Reap. Discover the temples of Angkor, explore the countryside around Siem Reap, experience a true slice of Cambodian village life or follow remote paths through tropical forests. Your expense will not only present you with a once in a lifetime experience of Cambodian culture but at the same time supports a local school to continue providing free education to unprivileged children. All profits go directly to KKO’s educational and vocational training centre.
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I already did the bike ride twice and both times were really great! If you dont like to be around masses of tourists all the time and you would like to see the temples of Angkor from a different viewpoint, seeing also rather remote temples, this bike ride is perfect for you!
Supporting an NGO, which really does make a change, whilst having fun riding a bike through forests, hidden temples and on top of almost thousand year old canal systems, you wont be able to find anything much better!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"lotus farm"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

and go with these guys and you're helping a charity.

u see all the out of the best places and do some good fun riding. really small groups too, just a few people. its a whole day of riding but the pace is ok for most people.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

My family (wife and two boys 9 and 11) just did the half day country tour. We had a great time with our guide. You get to see the 'real' cambodia with a home visit and visits to other attractions. I would gladly go again...
Thanks KKO

1  Thank steve p
Reviewed 4 October 2012

RARE-UNIQUE EXPERIENCE - This bike tour is a Magical Mix of historic ancient ruins, cool breezes, shade trees, village culture, nature sounds and fragrances. At the end I thought, I just experienced my first spa bike tour. Perfect for anyone wanting a healthy way to relax and experience history. I usually like very hard jungle hiking and biking but I will do this spa bike tour again and again.

I can’t wait to bring my two daughters when they are older.

YOU BIKE and IMPROVE the WORLD- When I was communicating with Markus, the tour organizer, after several emails with him being unusually nice, caring, helpful and super organized I asked him. “What are you doing working for a tour operation?” “You should be changing the world.” That is when he told me that he helps run KKO which runs the bike tours which funds poor kids to go to trade school to change their lives. Then it all made sense. The founders of this non-profit KKO short for Khmer for Khmer Organization are Phary and Markus. Your Bike Fees go to caring for 100’s of poor Siem Reap children. Fun for a day that changes a kids life forever. I like that value.

THEY REALLY CARE - In my 30 years of adventure travel and hiring tour guides my best experiences have always been with people I hired that truly cared about us. I think this is an easy thing for all tour companies to say but in reality they hardly ever deliver. Markus and Phary are the exception.

RELIABLE VALUE – The bottom line is this group is reliable, honest and caring and they put together an amazing bike tour that is very unique.

We like and trust them so much we are going to partner with them to help support the school and the children.

If you have any questions about KKO please feel free to contact me at BandofBrothersFoundation (dot) org. My name is Troy Mikulka, I am Co-founder.

Two other Top Quality Adventure Tour Companies on Trip Advisor:
Bike World: in Yangon, Myanmar
Open Sky Unlimited: in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Add Angkor Off road Bicycle Experience or KKO to the two above and you have a one stop perfect adventure vacation: These people who will teach you the cultures, be your friends, show you the sites others don't see while you Bike the Angkor ruins, Myanmar hills, Hike/ hike the Malaysian Jungle and meet (maybe help) amazing loving local kids along the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Don't ask me how I got to KKO during my Web research but I am extremely happy that I found them. I just had the best experience during my time in Siem Reap. In the last days I took two days to see most of the temples and I loved it, though the view you get by hiring a Tuck Tuck and the view you get during this bike tour is absolutely different, you get 40km of real adventure. With KKO you go to some of the famous temples like Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom but also to the less known ones and not using conventional routes but dirt tracks in the middle of the bush. They take you to see the temples from different angles that you would see them using conventional methods and using the dirt roads that no tourist take but locals, you visit tribal villages that no tourists go to, you have a real experience that has absolutelty nothing to do with massive tourism but real discovery. If you really want to see the real countryside get in touch with them, at the end of the day, they are not a business but they are helping local children to get a future by training them in English, Mechanics and Sewing, so what better investment for your money? You won't be dissapointed, promise.

1  Thank msilvacostas