“Great day out!”

Khmer for Khmer Organisation
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Angkor's beauty on a cycling adventure along hidden paths. Guided by our knowledgeable tour guides prepare yourself to see the Angkor Park from a totally different perspective.The tour not only offers you the chance to visit five temples but also allows you to take in breath-taking scenery throughout. Be it riding along the magnificent Angkor moat or cycling through a quintessential Cambodian village, this tour gives you a real insight into daily life here, past and present. Cycle atop the old city wall of Angkor Thom once inhabited by over one million citizens, and through the lush shady forests which lead to you more hidden and undisturbed temples. Here you can truly explore the ruins in peace and tranquility, sometimes not seeing another soul for hours ... And the best, with joining this tour you support our own KKO Education and Vocational Center!
Singapore, Singapore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Loved the day! It was my first time mountain biking off-road and I must say, there was parts of it that was tricky so its definitely not for unconfident cyclists. I’m a huge road cyclist so that help, ,but its a toalltaly different type of ride and skills.

I also strongly recommend you wear padded cycling pants as we spent 8 hours on and off the bike, so I was very saddle sore at the end of the day even though I wore padded pants – I hate to imagine how much worse I would felt without! Remember to bring sun block and a cap as well as you’re in the sun a lot.

The guide was very accommodating when we all collectively asked for a slight amendment to the route.

So all in all, a fab day out and you get to help a local NGO.
It's also a great way of meeting people as I was travelling on my own.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“off the beaten track”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I joined the tour when I was in Siem Reap and I have to say it really IS the best way to discover Angkor!
I lik the basic idea of the tour very much. Discover some temples in the Angkor Park and staying away from the mass tourism.
Cycling through the deep forrest and seeing places that only the locals know was great fun.
Amazing tour! One of the best things TO DO in Siem Reap!
Thanks a lot guys!

P.s. All the profit goes to KKO which is an NGO!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ray_Burrack
leeds
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“excellent ride through Cambodian countryside”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This trip was one of the highlights of our Indochina holiday.KKO were very flexible and arranged for us to start our half day bike tour at 11.00am ,after our early morning flight into Siem Reap.We were a bit concerned about cycling in the heat,but the route is flat as a pancake and with so much to see,we didnt notice the soaring temperatures! .As it was wet season,we did a revised route that took in a crocodile farm in someones back yard and a mushroom farm were we were fed large plates of freshly fried mushrooms.The web-site promises no other tourists,and apart from our group of 4,was spot on.Brilliant way to see some of non-touristy Cambodia.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank woodfinyorkshire
Saigon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great way to explore Angkor!”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

After reading alot of reviews, I finally decided to book this tour for me and my friend. Their office was quite new Frangipanni Hotel where we stayed so it was really convenient. Together with 2 guides and 2 more travelers, we made a group of 6 heading to Angkor. It was quite fun and the guides especially the local one was really friendly and helpful. He was still a student but his English was quite good to understand and so did his knowledge about Angkor and Cambodian culture. This off-road experience is really something you cannot have once you pick a tuk-tuk instead of doing exercise :) It was not tiring at all, trust me. It was way too much fun and exciting as you always wanted to keep riding on and on to explore the Angkor in such an interesting way! The road they draw you on was shady and smooth even if it was crossing the forest. It was like the best adventure I'd ever had and I'm dying to do it again. The best thing is, all the money you donate is going to support the lovely young generation of Cambodia. But some tips for the guide is totally worth it, too! Thanks KKO <3

Visited August 2012
1 Thank PhuocThai
“authentic experience and away from tourists!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I already did the bike ride twice and both times were really great! If you dont like to be around masses of tourists all the time and you would like to see the temples of Angkor from a different viewpoint, seeing also rather remote temples, this bike ride is perfect for you!
Supporting an NGO, which really does make a change, whilst having fun riding a bike through forests, hidden temples and on top of almost thousand year old canal systems, you wont be able to find anything much better!

Visited September 2012