“Very nice experience”

Khmer for Khmer Organisation
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Angkor's beauty on a cycling adventure along hidden paths. Guided by our knowledgeable tour guides prepare yourself to see the Angkor Park from a totally different perspective.The tour not only offers you the chance to visit five temples but also allows you to take in breath-taking scenery throughout. Be it riding along the magnificent Angkor moat or cycling through a quintessential Cambodian village, this tour gives you a real insight into daily life here, past and present. Cycle atop the old city wall of Angkor Thom once inhabited by over one million citizens, and through the lush shady forests which lead to you more hidden and undisturbed temples. Here you can truly explore the ruins in peace and tranquility, sometimes not seeing another soul for hours ... And the best, with joining this tour you support our own KKO Education and Vocational Center!
Paris
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We did the Angkor off road tour on the 17th of October. It was only me and my husband on the tour that day and it was excellent. We got to visit the Angkor site without seeing many tourists, taking very nice back roads. It was a bit challenging at times as the roads were a bit muddy but it was a lot of fun. We saw some locakl villages and rice plantations.
The tour lasted from 8.30 until 17.00 and the guide never pressured us to go quicker and really wanted us to have a good time. He was a very nice guy and we really enjoyed our day.
I would definitely recommend this tour and your money goes to a good cause.
We visited Angkor wat the next day as it is not included in the tour but got to see some remote temples with very few tourists.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Challenging & exciting ride”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was raining the whole day while I took the tour. Some of the road turn muddy and flooded. We were brought to some 0 tourist temples in the forest (except for us of course), the rain adds another mysterious feeling to the temples. I don't mind cycling through the challenging and flooded course, but at some part it rains so heavily until I couldn't enjoy the view around.

If you're traveling in dry season, please take this tour. Not only you can escape the super crowded temples, but you can enjoy the ride in an easier way. The money you spent will be going to NGO, it's good to travel while contributing back to the local society.

Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Countryside Tour was most memorable part of my trip to Siem Reap”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I did the KKO Countryside Tour - this is the one that does not go to the temples, but rather does a 30km (approx) loop through the countryside outside Siem Reap. It is not an easy bike ride (and I would have felt more comfortable at times with a helmet), but it was completely worth it. Riding through the villages I felt at times like a voyeur observing the poverty that was everywhere in sight, but I also tried to contribute positively; we stopped at a remote school and spoke to students briefly in English to help them practice and this brought out smiles from everyone. If you're templed out and want to challenge your body and your mind, do this ride. You will never forget it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank grahamchicago
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent addition to Angkor Wat”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

While Angkor Wat is mindblowing, there are so many other temples around it worth visiting - and this tour gives you exactly that, plus some insight into the life of the villages around. Definitely good value for money, and you know the money is going to the right place, so do not miss this if you are capable of doing a 40km ride.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank nichtma
New York City, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“DO THIS!!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I loved this tour. Fabian our guide was incredible. I loved siem reap and loved the temples but wanted to see a bit more of the real cambodia as well as some of the less crowded temples. This did it.
we started off the tour biking by Angkor Wat. Stopped to get some simple info (didn't go in. IF YOU WANT TO SEE ANKGOR WAT THIS TOUR DOESN"T DO THAT) then started riding through little cambodian villages! amazing! we stopped by a school in session and got to watch the kids learn from a dry-erase board and they were screaming out lesson plans while goats and cows calmly watched as well.
we rode through rice paddies, got to some of the medium sized temples where NO one else was. So nice just being a lone with your small group enjoying the beautiful temples. fabian took us to a greta lunch which was a well needed rest. food was awesome and cheap (does not come with the tour). then went on our way to a great temple where the information fabian had was perfect. Not too detailed but enough to understand and get a glimpse of what the temples were used for, when built and some fun stories while you are inside pretending to be indiana jones.

at the end of the day i was wiped in a great way. I loved it. It made my cambodian vacation so much more special than it already was. And a bonus your money is going to a wonderful cause!

you cannot afford NOT to do this tour. I loved it! bring water btw cause darn its hot!!

Visited February 2013