“Best hotel,Best service,Best people.”
Review of MotherHome Inn

MotherHome Inn
Ranked #15 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Shanghai
“Best hotel,Best service,Best people.”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Motherhome is definitely best hotel that I've ever stayed. I stayed here for 5 days,it made me feel like stay at home. Kim emailed back right away as soon as I asked any questions and arranged everything for us. Amazing hospitality, better than a five star hotel. Thanks a lot to Kim, he upgraded me to the Inn, then I could stay with my friends.
Kim arranged for a free pick up from the bus station. And when I arrived ,I was welcomed by a glass of pineapple juice and cold towel ,and what’s more was their hospitality ,their smiles. Every people is very polite, kind hearted and helpful.
The motherhome Inn located at a quite street ,good location, which is not far away from the old market area. You can borrow bicycle for free.
The hotel has very clean and quite room indeed, comfortable bed, good swimming pool, free internet and WIFI,2 bottles of free water daily, and free perfect buffet breakfast too!
We booked 3 days van from Motherhome, the driver could’t speak English, but he bought his nephew to be the translator for us ,and with no additional payment. I arranged a TUTU to visit Angor Wat alone before my friends arrived. The drive name is LENG SOKHEN,No.0156 in motherhome.He is kind too.
I visited the Boyon and see the symbol Cambodia smile,but Motherhome gave me more smile from Cambodia people,it impressed me a lot.The cheap price,with five-star service made my friends changed their plan to stay one more day.
I had a great time in cambodia, especially with motherhome.I would like to thank KIM and Mr Zhong again for your kind help and everything you did for us. I will miss Motherhome,a place which would made you fallen in love with Cambodia.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lornelia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 September 2011

First of all, I came across Motherhome Inn after my endless survey right here in TripAdvisor, where there were many reviews on their Motherhome Guesthouse. So my big thanks to TripAdvisor and fellow reviewers for your honest review.

Now let me share my experience on Motherhome Inn.

My first contact with Motherhome Inn started off with a simple e-mail for room reservation. And there was no turning back after that. Mr Kemleang - the nicest person - he actually replied every single query I had about the rooms and the reservation - and almost immediately as well.

We stayed here from 23/9/2011 to 27/9/2011. And we were glad to pick this hotel. During our whole stay, it was raining heavily and it was flooded in Siem Reap, so Motherhome Inn was a sanctuary that we came back to after our temple tour.

Service:

What makes Motherhome Inn different from any other place I have stayed in other countries or even my own, Malaysia?? THE PEOPLE!! The staffs at the hotel made our stay so much more enjoyable. So polite and friendly and they never fail to smile and greet you and they always say "Good Luck to you", which is a norm in Siem Reap/Cambodia as well I guess. Kudos to the duty manager who helped us solved some issues with our mobile line as we needed to fax some documents and they ensured that our problem/request was solved,

There is always a staff waiting to greet you at the entrance with a welcoming smile and refreshing towel smelling of Eucalyptus oil.

Price :

Since the Motherhome Inn just opened its doors, there were some promotions. We stayed for 4 nights but only paid for 3 nights, which was simply awesome. So we ended up paying only USD40 per night = USD120.

Facilities/ Service:

- Tuk Tuk are available at any time of the day for about USD2 and they can also arrange for a car if you request for one. We used this to the airport on the last day for USD7.

- Free breakfast. Though the variety is limited but it is pretty sufficent. You can get your standard cereal + milk, toast, orange juice and the local meals - fried rice etc.

- Clean swimming pool and a bar (it's called Father Bar - now dont you feel at home already?)

- Free WIFI and bicycles

- Comfortables beds and CLEAN bathrooms. The only slight problem we had was the bathroom gets a lil flooded once you've taken a shower but otherwise the room was SIMPLY AWESOME

- Delcious food. Since we were forced to stay in for the first 2 nights (due to the flood), we decided to have our dinner at the inn itself. And it was worth the money and the company of this one particular waiter, Phanith, who went all out to ensure we had a good time during dinner. You can try their set meals for USD 7 and USD 14 serving both Western and Asian food

- There is a in-house massage starting from only USD 7 for a 1 hour massage.

Location:

It is just less than 10 minutes away from Angkor Wat and the city.

In a nutshell, this was the BEST place I have stayed in so far mainly due to their IMPECCABLE service and friendly staff. Highly recommended and I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you Motherhome Inn for making my stay in Siem Reap an unforgettable one!!! Kepp up the good work!!

Room Tip: The hotel is still new so everything is still perfect!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sharm_hippo84
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Amazing service and a nice central location, with everything you need from easy access to Angkor Wat, Pub Street, Museums, the airport, nice pool, great bar, to good food with a free breakfast. I enjoyed my stay at the Motherhome Inn, the staff from the senior management right to my amazing tuk-tuk driver and everyone else where so kind, helpful and curteous, and made my trip to Cambodia an incredible adventure, one I will never forget. Two thumbs up for the Motherhome Inn, if you are in Siem Reap, this is the place to stay. :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank VikramPai
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at MotherHome Inn. There were lots of little things that really made a difference setting this place apart from many other guest houses. These included: refreshing towel when you return to the guest house; free bicycles; umbrellas available when it is raining; and free internet.

The MotherHome Inn is relatively new so the quality of the accommodation is very good with everything looking very new. However, what really makes this guest house so very special are the staff. All staff were incredibly helpful and attentive nothing was too much trouble for them. It really was the staff that made my stay in Siem Reap a wonderful experience. I will be recommending MotherHome Inn to other travellers and if I return to Siem Reap would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Tasha M
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel after my sister recommended their sister hotel "motherhome guest house" to me. I am so glad I did, my 4 nights here absolutly made my stay in Cambodia. The staff were faultless, the place lovely, the pool delightful and the food (including dinner) was delicious and excellent value.
The tuk tuk driver we hired through the hotel (Mr Thom) was knowledgable, reliable, honest and entertaining. We also had a massage which was super and, again, good value. If I am ever lucky enough to travel to Cambodia again this place will be the first stop on my list.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessyWe
kota kinabalu
Reviewed 15 September 2011

we enjoy & have wonderful holiday,nice place,food,beer very cheap ,massages,nice place for cycling & tuk-tuk..thanks for the all staff very good service..i will be back....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank borneo s
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We were upgraded from the guesthouse to the new Inn this summer so we had great value for money. The staff was super courteous, the pool and the poolside bar was great, there was live information about flights to and from Siem Reap on monitors in the lobby, rooms were clean and nice, the location was good, massages excellent.

The bathroom was very nice, however, the shower was just hanging on the wall so everything got wet when showering. And paying with credit card was not very easy early in the morning it appeared so we were glad we had cash at hand.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

1 Thank NorwegianRainey