“Frustrating stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 499 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Frustrating stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

From the reviews it is clear that this is a very well run guesthouse and the staff are excellent. Unfortunately I had a few problems on my stay. I did change the booking via email a couple of times and I think this is why. Firstly let me say the guesthouse is great location, good breakfast and the pool is great to sit and relax by. Rooms small but very good - always cleaned to a very high standard.

However we had a few problems, firstly the tuc tuc didn't come to meet us at the boat station which was a bit annoying and then when we arrived I was told that I hadn't confirmed the details, which I had, however it was the front desk staff trying to check us out that was really the main issue, this happened 3 times. Each time I would confirm that we were booked as per my email and then they would say no, then check and say yes, then a day or so later the same thing would happen. It was just really annoying! One time I had to go get my phone and show them the email as they didn't believe what I was telling them. This really let down my stay here - the problem is no one at the front desk is in charge so you tell the same story three times to three different staff members who just don't communicate. Such a shame that this let down our stay here and I have come away with negative feelings about the place.

2 Thank bazrobbob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

You won't regret once you stepped into MotherHome. Their hospitable smiles and great helps make you feel back to home.

I wanna talk about their massage center here. I'd say BODIA is really nice, but all four of us love the massage offered at MotherHome, which can really relieve your fatique.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We had a great stay here. The owner, Mr Kim Leang replies to emails very promptly which made it easy when arranging for pick-up services. The staff here is incredibly friendly, we returned to the guesthouse after taking a 2-day trip to Battambang and the staff welcomed us home. The little touches like having wet towels everytime we came back to the guesthouse really added to the experience. Though the guesthouse isn't big but there is a pretty nice pool area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is pretty good, it's a 15 minute walk away from the town centre.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We were looking for somewhere reasonable for two families to stay and chose MotherHome Inn based on reviews. We have not been disappointed. The staff is incredibly attentive and helpful.....we have loved that every time we return from an outing we are met at the door with cold, wet washcloths to refresh with.

The rooms are roomy and clean and you absolutely can not beat the price per night. The free breakfast includes fruits and cereals and some hot Asian dishes....you can also get eggs to order.

I treated myself to an hour of foot reflexology and enjoyed the small spa area on the 2nd floor....and it was only $8 for an hour.

The Inn has several tuk tuks that work specifically for them and it's incredibly convenient to walk out the door and have reasonable transportation. We even hired two tuk tuks for the day for temple touring and they were very attentive offering us cold water after every temple visit and answering questions for us. All this was easily arranged through the hotel.

My only complaint? I'm not a big fan of the all in one bathroom where the toilet and toiletries and toilet paper all get soaking wet when you take a shower. Not a super big deal and certainly something I can live with for the price.

Room Tip: We had four rooms in total and the rooms on the 2nd thru 4th floor are definitely quieter than anyth...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Kim Leang was always prompt in replying to emails prior to our arrival and also set us up with a taxi from Bangkok to Siem Reap.

The rooms are incredibly clean and not too big or small. They've got a fridge and complimentary water, coffee and tea. The a/c worked very well too.

The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Cold towels upon arrival after a day out was a very nice touch. The guesthouse has their own fleet of tuktuks which makes getting around easy. The location is kind of far from anything of interest but it's only $1 to get a ride to the center of town. One nice thing about the location is its proximity to a gas station. Ice cold drinks and snacks/toiletries are only a minute or two walk away.

There is a pool which is nice for cooling off.

The only negative about our stay was that people would slam doors in the middle of the night. I don't know if it was staff or guests but it was kind of annoying. We had also just gotten to Asia so weren't sleeping well due to jet lag.

Obviously I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Ask for Mr. Keo as a tuktuk driver. He was super nice.

• Stayed December 2011
somewhere in Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Other than having a (moderately attractive) pool this hotel offers... not much. The clean rooms have little charm and contain a very utilitarian bathroom. Friendly service and an extensive breakfast buffet with the option of custom-made omlett may be a plus for some.

Rooms on the ground floor look onto the pool... and the pool looks into those rooms. Get a room on the upper floors if you don’t want to feel watched or have the light-blocking curtains closed all the time (there is no price difference surprisingly).

Conculsion: great for the pool, better options out there for everything else.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the ground floor directly next to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Wow!! 5 star service! Rooms are lovely, clean and contemporary. The pool is wonderful! Best service I've ever had at a hotel! Amazing experience! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2011