“great value for your money but there is space for improvement”
Review of MotherHome Inn

MotherHome Inn
Ranked #28 of 529 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We choose Motherhome in based in the reviews and we were not disappointed. The breakfast is amazing, the staff super friendly. Every time we entered the hotel we got a cold towel with mint smell really nice details. If we go back to Siem Reap we will definitely stay here again.

the location is very good in a quiet area, we always walked to the city center.

We do belive they can become better if they fix the following:
-the bikes: they are in pretty bad shape, it took us always some time go get one with breaks and enought air in the tires.
-the takeaway breakfast to see the angkor wat sunrise is pretty pour.. a little more fruit and a juice would be appreciated.
-geckos in the room: we are not sure if it was only our room but even with the windows always closed the geckos kept coming in. Which is annoying because they make a lot of noise. We told it inthe reception.. but their solution was to call them everytime we got a gecko.. might have been more efficient to see where were they coming from.

We hope management takes this constructive feedback in consideration to become number one :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WorldTraveller z

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I chose and stayed this hotel for 5 nights because of the good rating and the price. In fact, the hotel was excellent. A hotel tuk-tuk drive picked me up at the airport free. The hotel workers were very friendly and responsive. They spoke English. Breakfast was free. The hotel is located close to anywhere. I walked from old market at night for 15 minutes without any problems. I did not book any sightseeing tours before coming to Cambodia, and the hotel workers helped me book tours everyday. I used the same hotel tuk tuk drive for long trips for 3 days. Air conditioning and wifi for Internet access are were in my room. Room service foods were good at fair prices. The room was quiet. Any downside? Not really, but if I have to say, there was no bathtub(cold/hot shower only), but that's not important for me since I do not need a bathtub. There was no safe box, and I carried valuables with me or I left them in my suitcase with a key. Anyway, I would go back and stay this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fukufukuoneone
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We were blown away by Siem Reap. After a long journey through the small towns and villages of Cambodia we never expected to find such a modern and amazing city. The MotherHome Inn oozed luxury as soon as we stepped through the door. The staff where incredible and our room amazing. The pool was sparkling clean and the atmosphere quiet and serene. So how can a hotel be too perfect you may ask? Well it's a personal thing really. Hotels of this standard tend to be where guests stay but don't really mix. If wonderful service and comfort is what you're looking for in Siem Reap then it would be hard to beat The MotherHome Inn. If making new friends, chatting to locals and learning about the real city are more important then I would opt for a guesthouse on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lightup2
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked this hotel just because of the TripAdvisor reviews and Iwould like to thank everyone that tooktheir time to share thoughts about it as we were transported in another world, simply put is paradise! The staff is extremely polite and helpful - from assisting with your tours, bus or boattickets, restaurant reservations or simply arranging a tuk tuk.  They even went to extremes I haven't seen anywhere - I really liked one painting in the hotel and manged to find the painter, however as I was leaving the next day he could not reproduce it for me.  I was literally obssessed with it and once I was back at the hotel I asked the reception whether they could lend me the one they have and I will pay the painter to reproduce it for them.  Guess what, two phone calls and the owner graciously agreed to sell the painting to me at a very reasanoble price.  Without say I accepted the offer immediately as I was ready to pay whatever they ask me for.  I really felt toched, happy as they say on Clound No9 from the attitude and caring I experienced.  Not to mention that the whole staff was involved inn deframing it!  I really felt and home, thank you very much for making my stay unforgettable experience!

Other facts - The hotel is centerally located in a quiet area though just off the National Road 6 and couple of minutes from the Night market and Pub street and it offers all the services you might need - free internet, massage, bar (named Father's Bar), restaurant and the best feature - nice swimming pool to rest your body after a tour around the temples. Beds are big and extremely comfortable, rooms are spacious with working AC, minibar and complimentary coffee set. And the cold wet towels they great you once you come back 'home' are extremely refreshing.

All in all I would highly recommend Motherhome Inn, it was by far the bet place we stayed in, a luxury at a fraction of the price!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LilttleBuddha
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Two things stood out for us on our visit: the incredibly responsive owner who made planning this part of our stay very easy, down to arranging bus transportation to and from Siem Reap for us, and our tuk-tuk driver Ti, who made the entire trip relaxing and fun. We were extremely impressed with both individuals, and they are true professionals trying their hardest to provide a fantastic experience.

The room itself was non-descript, but was a good value, well-cleaned and met our needs. The front desk tried to be helpful, but communication was a problem at times. It was certainly pleasant to be met with a fresh cool washcloth every time you walked in the door, especially after a dusty tuk-tuk ride!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Good price, perfecr service. We stayed there for four days and enjoyed ourselves with their good service.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank fionaguo110
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Located in a calm area, but not very beautiful and pretty dirty.
The guesthouse itself is clean, the staff polite and helpful. Breakfast was average but correct.
Appreciated pick-up service at the airport and payment arrangements (flexible, no credit card number to send by email in advance).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple